FINALLY DOUBLE DIGIT IATs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was running the Edelbrock 15406 HE, Bosch TMAP, and the Bosch 6 gpm pump that came with the kit. Now the Frozen Boost type 101 HE, Bosch TMap but with my own Omega temp sensor, and a Mezeire 24 gpm pump. All of these were utilized by DMM in his build. I saw his posts and thought why in the H@77 is he doing that? If you do the Eforce just take my word for it and follow his approach.
To complicate things further on my car my tuner had entered bad data into one of the cells of the resistance vs temp table. He entered 160 degrees in the spot that should be 110ish. So while logging IATs I would always get this big spike then fall off then slowly creep back toward 160 degrees. I couldn't figure this out to begin with because I would pull over and check the intercooler coolant and it would be very near atmospheric temp (nowhere near the 160). After getting back in the car and driving for a while the temps would creep toward a legitimate 140 degrees. After buying HP Tuners and digging through the tune I found the erroneous data. To give my tuner a bit of a break, the data on the Edelbrock website that provides the resistance vs F temp is incorrect (use the resistance vs C temp table and convert it to F). He noticed it and quit entering data but he inadvertently left that one cell
Last night with atmospheric temps at 70 degrees the car, after thoroughly heatsoaking the engine (1 hour drive, 30 minute park, then drive and log) IATs started at 126 degrees (startup) and then fell to below 90 degrees (65 mph cruise on open interstate)
One thing I did that DMM did not is use two of the Frozen Boost electric fans behind the HE. My fan controller hasn't come in yet but the fans are installed on the HE. The fans are for bumping around in traffic. They will likley be set for a 110 degree activation with 100 degree deactivate. The controller is on a slow boat from China (literally) so it may take a while. In the mean time this thing is now finally ready to go back to the tuner.
I am running a DW 300 with Kenne Bell BAP. So far no issues with fueling (I am a little surprised). I haven't paid a lot of attention to injector utilization percentages but I don't remember seeing anything over 70%. My kit came with 60lbs injectors and I have the BAP running wide open all of the time (no place for a hobbs switch currently).