Parts List for Build - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Parts List for Build in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by sssnake "http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107362"/> Want....
    Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    "http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107362"/>
    Want.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Rough tune and IATs at 140+ netted 556hp. After the clutch break in and HE work we'll see what she can really do.
    philistine and philistine like this.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Re: Parts List for Build

Are you still using the MAF or are you SD? Those are really good numbers! What else do you have planned for the HEX? And what was your injector duty %?

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Rough tune and IATs at 140+ netted 556hp. After the clutch break in and HE work we'll see what she can really do.
    Do you know what the max the SC can give? 200Hp over stock is really good! I'm looking at the Mcleod RST clutch for ~600hp. The local speedshop did extensive tests with McLeod clutches specifically with the early model CTS-V's. The tests showed the RXT Mcleod gave lots of chatter and the aluminum flywheel was a DD disaster - go with steel, ~33lb. I have another dyno session (sigh) and plan to discuss the E-force in more detail. Can you give the speedshop you're working with for more info??? I'm working with SpeedSouth and OSTdyno (located in PA).

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Do you know what the max the SC can give? 200Hp over stock is really good! I'm looking at the Mcleod RST clutch for ~600hp. The local speedshop did extensive tests with McLeod clutches specifically with the early model CTS-V's. The tests showed the RXT Mcleod gave lots of chatter and the aluminum flywheel was a DD disaster - go with steel, ~33lb. I have another dyno session (sigh) and plan to discuss the E-force in more detail. Can you give the speedshop you're working with for more info??? I'm working with SpeedSouth and OSTdyno (located in PA).
    Extensive testing, my ass. I have a McLeod RXT with the aluminum flywheel. No chatter. Performs incredibly well. Sounds like they incorrectly torqued the adapter plate.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Extensive testing, my ass. I have a McLeod RXT with the aluminum flywheel. No chatter. Performs incredibly well. Sounds like they incorrectly torqued the adapter plate.
    I tell you what...you can call them and discuss their experience 205-261-6969 (SpeedSouth). I'm sure from there Jim can give you a contact at McLeod who they worked with while they did the testing on the RXT and RST clutches. Perhaps you can share your one install against their fleet testing.

After you do all that, I might listen to you...snapperhead.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    I tell you what...you can call them and discuss their experience 205-261-6969 (SpeedSouth). I'm sure from there Jim can give you a contact at McLeod who they worked with while they did the testing on the RXT and RST clutches. Perhaps you can share your one install against their fleet testing.

After you do all that, I might listen to you...snapperhead.
    Sure. If they pay me to help them solve their technical problems.

Well I have put approx 450 miles on the RXT with 13.5 lbs flywheel and even with a tune that has NOT been adjusted for the flywheel I only get occasional chatter on 1st gear engagement (like 1 in 100 engagements). This thing revs soooooo much quicker now that I am very happy with the decision.

Sorry this has taken so long but after I got the car back I went on vacation without the car Then promptly entered the hospital with pneumonia. Hopefully I can get out soon and finish the clutch break in.

The image below includes some of the preliminary measurements during the tune with the top tune being what is in the car now. As mentioned, IATs are an issue and I have a Mezeire pump ordered to address the issues. This was also done prior to clutch and lightweight flywheel install so I will be bringing it back to my tuner for final tweaks soon.

uploadfromtaptalk1370108331604.jpg

Max Hp of 555.9 at 6050 rpm and max torque of 545 around 3050. This is all with 5.5lbs of boost so not too shabby. I hope to get this thing to 600hp when it is all said and done but couldn't be happier with the power I have now.

If I get froggy later on I will forge the bottom and up the boost but that will be a way down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Are you still using the MAF or are you SD? Those are really good numbers! What else do you have planned for the HEX? And what was your injector duty %?
    The tune is a blended tune right now. Again this is just roughed in until the clutch, flywheel, and IAT stuff is ready. I am following in your footsteps for the HE (bigger pump - the supplied Bosch was about 6gpm and the Mezeire is 20gpm). I will be going with the super chiller as well.

I didn't get a chance to get into a lot of detail with the tuner as I left his shop around 8:00pm the night before I left for vacation. Once I get these issues straightened out I will sit down with him and review all of the data and determine any weak points that need addressing. He seems to think there is a good bit more on the table. Adding 4 degrees of timing added 60hp so if I can get the IATs down I think we'll find a few more ponies.

I HAVE FOUND THE DEFINITIVE CURE FOR WHEEL HOP

MORE HORSEPOWER. 500 miles on the McLeod RXT, blower, cam, heads, headers, and a myriad of other mods plus 3000 rpm clutch dump and a burnout through 4th gear without a hint of wheel hop. Its not going to be an everyday occurrence but it was a ton of fun. Now to figure out how to get the power to the ground without grenading the rear end.[COLOR="Silver"]

DMM

That's awesome!!! I just installed the Mezeire pump as well and my temps are on e again right at 10*-15* above ambient even when getting on it. I just finished installing new heads and a cam and am now starting to tune it. I was able to add a LOT more timing down low with the 317 heads and it drives sooo much nicer now.

I also moved up to the 3.25" pulley and may even go 3" for S&G's to see how it feels.

Sure is fun, isn't it?

I thought I wanted boost around 8lbs when I started this but when it came in at 5.5lbs with a 3.875" pulley and lots of hp I decided to roll with what I had for a while but... When you settle on a pulley let me know and I will likely take one of the unwanted ones off your hands. Like I said 8lbs is really where I think I want to be.

I am not very familiar with the 317s. Do they have the swirl vane in the port? Anyway once I get the Mezeire in (which should have happened this weekend - damn pneumonia sux) I'll get it back for the final tune and post some updated numbers.

DMM

I thought I wanted boost around 8lbs when I started this but when it came in at 5.5lbs with a 3.875" pulley and lots of hp I decided to roll with what I had for a while but... When you settle on a pulley let me know and I will likely take one of the unwanted ones off your hands. Like I said 8lbs is really where I think I want to be.

I am not very familiar with the 317s. Do they have the swirl vane in the port? Anyway once I get the Mezeire in (which should have happened this weekend - damn pneumonia sux) I'll get it back for the final tune and post some updated numbers.
    The 317's are what was installed on the 6.0 LQ4/9 motors that went into GM trucks and vans. They have the exact same ports as the 243 and 799 style heads that came on the V1's, only with 72cc combustion chambers for lower static compression ratios. So, they stage III heads with a larger chamber.

My E-Force came with the 3" pulley which is the smallest they offer...it was WAY too much and I ended up getting every one they had lol. The 3.5" was as far as I could go with the stock heads and am now on the 3.25" pulley which is netting a tad over 10 lbs of boost at 6200 RPM. Let me know when you want the 3.5" and I'll send it your way.

I'm not going to do the "killer chiller" or whatever it's called, my HEX system holds just over a gallon of coolant and the IAT temps are still 10*-15* within ambient temps in most driving. The highest they've hit was 112* in stop and go traffic with the AC on...and this is with the air filter open to the engine compartment. I've got to shield it but I haven't had time to get to the sheet metal shop and bend something up yet. Make sure you get "water wetter" or something similar...it works well.

Hope you're feeling better soon...I had pneumonia once and it knocked me on my ass for three weeks.

Rise from the ashes...

What became of the fuel system? I got the hot wire kit on the way but haven't decided on pump(s) and a FPR at the engine. I'm trying to get my parts list together to tackle this thing when the time comes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.