Parts List for Build - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Parts List for Build in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I have the DW300 sitting the shop right now. It looks like my short term ...
    sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I have the DW300 sitting the shop right now. It looks like my short term solution will be the DW with a BAP for insurance. Let me know how things go with your mod as I am worried that my current plans might not get me where I want to be. Once I get it on the dyno I can sort a few things out.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    This is great build list! What's your budget on this project if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Parts List for Build

roughly $16k to date but that includes a ton of stuff for the suspension, wheels, tires, etc...

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Awesome build list... Looking forward to the progress!

94guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

sssnake i sent you a pm.

Hammar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

I expect a little grief for the cross post, but wanted to highlight how tough LS engines are from the factory. There are several folks making 1000 ponies on stock short block/long blocks with a lot of boost. I'm _sure_ those are time bombs waiting to go off. But, if folks are making that much power on stock parts, do we need to drop big money when we're shooting for 1/2 or 2/3's that power level?

I've got 130k miles on my V. I've been running the maggie for a bit less than 1/2 that at around 10psi. Never had the valve covers or oil pan off it. So far, my personnal experiement in LS durability seems to be going well.

~600 at the wheels is probably debatable on stock parts with ultimate durability. For my money, I would hold the $$ on engine interals and be a little safe with the tune (which you'd do anyway right?). Get the rest sorted out and then come back to the engine guts.

<ducking>

Hammar
    maggied 2005V

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-going-485734/

Quote Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
    sssnake i sent you a pm.
    replied

TEASER PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-03-28 19.04.08.jpg

became this

2013-03-28 19.05.00.jpg

WHile I was at it I decided to go all in...

2013-03-17 23.11.58.jpg

Now I'm about here

2013-03-28 19.03.22.jpg

But I am worried about this

2013-03-28 19.05.15.jpg

It appears to be epoxy putty blocking the back coolant passages. As I am not the original owner I am wondering if someone had issues and decided to cheap out on the repairs. I bought this as a certified pre-owned vehicle from a local Cadi dealer. Should I be worried?

OK the block is prepped and ready for heads. Now I just have to finish porting and assembling them...

2013-03-28 21.50.26.jpg

EXPERTS - Please let me know what you think about the stuff in the back coolant passages of the block. I am really hoping it is nothing to worry about but I can't see it coming from the factory this way.

Getting close. I hope to get it to the tuner this week.
    Attached Images

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Looking good!

Is a bottom end rebuild necessary for mod? It would help to understand the failure points with adding forced injection on this engine. I can understand the heads but are the pistons (and sleeves?) really in danger of failure with 7-10 psi with a SC?

My tuner feels 6psi is safe on a stock bottom but will evaluate once tuned to see if we can go higher. It will likely depend on the amount of knock/spark retard and intake charge temp. I am considering meth and/or a super chiller once I get the initial tune completed. Failure areas seem to be wrist pins, piston/rings, and the rods (in that order). Most feel the stock crank will hold 1000 hp before issue (this is at the flywheel and considering the lost hp from running the blower). However there are a LOT of people that believe the stock parts will handle much more (multiple articles with stock bottoms handling 1000 hp). IMO if I can get 8psi out of the stock bottom I am lucky and will likely leave it there until I find and LSA block for cheap.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

You're in my area so...subscribing. I think it's great you're sharing a parts list for the build. I can't wait to see the numbers. I'll be in Huntsville off and on with the solo events with TAC competing SSM with my S2k. I took the caddy there last year at the old airport and did ok...10 secs behind the vetts, miatas, S2ks.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    You're in my area so...subscribing. I think it's great you're sharing a parts list for the build. I can't wait to see the numbers. I'll be in Huntsville off and on with the solo events with TAC competing SSM with my S2k. I took the caddy there last year at the old airport and did ok...10 secs behind the vetts, miatas, S2ks.
    500 hp S2k if I remember correctly. Yeah the caddy will pull some autocross duty but is being set up more for SCCA track events and full tilt DD. I probably can't hang with the S2k in the caddie on autocross but I hope the solstice gxp will be able to give u a bit of a run Only after a few mods though...

The tuner is tied up this week but that does give me a chance to polish a few things: 1.) fuel pump - wiring and BAP are in but the tool I purchased to remove the bucket was the wrong one (incorrect tool number is j-45722 correct tool number j-45747), 2.) find a new place for the catch can (probably involves battery relocation - ideas are welcome), and 3.) I need to add a 90 degree 3/4" coupling to the super charger to gain clearance for the hood. Pics below.

uploadfromtaptalk1367326559063.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367326588530.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367326611164.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367326684672.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.