Audible clunk when engaging clutch - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Audible clunk when engaging clutch in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You got it. If you can remove the whole cat-back it'll make your life way easier. The lower you can ...
    Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V
    You got it. If you can remove the whole cat-back it'll make your life way easier. The lower you can drop it the easier it will be to get at the bushing

Newcastle_00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V
    I'll be removing my entire exhaust system to do the header install. So should be able to tackle that Bush at the same time.

Did you install that rubber block that CS offers at the same time you did the diff bushing?

Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V
    No but nows the time to do it. Gotta do the save tear down for it

Right. Just wanted your opinion if it was worth it or not.

Creative Steel motor mounts? or UMI? Im leaning towards CS. . Because the umi ones look like they are directly for racing on a track. And this car is my daily driver. What you think?

PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Audible clunk when engaging clutch

The mounts and installation instructions have been discussed a million times and there are excellent instructions on this forum. The CS diff mount has to be pressed in while the UUC diff mount is a slip fit because it doesn't have an outer metal sleeve. You don't have to remove the axles or completely remove the two rear bolts on the diff. Just loosen them enough to allow the pinion to drop down. You'll need a 13/16 ratchet wrench to get at them easily because the park brake lines are in the way. Luke at Lindsay Cadillac sells the UUC diff bushing. I have one of the first ones made and it's still good after three years. I used to make and rent the removal tool but people decided not to return them. There are at least 7 or 8 of them floating around people's garages. If you start a thread asking for one I bet you'll find one.

Your clunking sounds more like the clunk from the stock dual mass flywheel, also known as parade clunk.

06BlackV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cts-V
    Noob question: how many engine mounts does a ls2 have?

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Re: Audible clunk when engaging clutch

Quote Originally Posted by 06BlackV View Post
    Noob question: how many engine mounts does a ls2 have?
    2 motor mounts, standard regardless of LS2/LS6

Is this a legit question?

----------

@PISSNUOFF thanks for the info man, I have read many upon many of the prior posts on bushings and mounts. After I posted my question. Although I was not aware that you could install the uuc one without needing a special tool. That's good to know. As well as the fact that you've been rolling with the uuc for 3 years now without a problem. Thanks for the words of wisdom!

----------

@PISSNUOFF what do you recommend I get to replace the stock dual mass flywheel?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.