Can any of you Maggie guys help a brother out? (please) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Can any of you Maggie guys help a brother out? (please) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wow ichpen thanks for the offer, I've read some of your past tuning related threads. All that I can comment ...
    Brackets is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V

Re: Can any of you Maggie guys help a brother out? (please)

Wow ichpen thanks for the offer, I've read some of your past tuning related threads. All that I can comment on my pcm is that after many hours of checking wiring, replacing tps, tac module, pedal position assembly and finally the pcm (compatable pcm from a non CTS V vehicle) the only thing that helped was the pcm replacement. Once that was plugged in all the codes went away. As far as unplugging the maf and running the car to see if it goes into limp mode goes, as it is right now I can't even turn the key on without it throwing all the codes.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I could be wrong of course

Just speculating as I've yet to see an actual PCM go bad... They tend to go bad early on or pretty much at end of life in my experience. Typically the wiring and sensors deteriorate well before the PCM unit and your problems sounded familiar. Anyway, not sure at what point you are in your diagnosis of the issue. Maybe give us a summary of where you're at as I've not been following the forums/this thread avidly.

Nik

P.S. If you need tuning help you will need to either get a full blow efi live unit or an autocal baby unit as I call them fondly so you can flash your own tunes. I've literally just started playing around with HP Tuners so not much help there yet.

Thanks for taking an interest in this Nik, rather than going through the whole thing again here is a link to my previous post. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ighlight=p2101

Quote Originally Posted by Brackets View Post
    Thanks for taking an interest in this Nik, rather than going through the whole thing again here is a link to my previous post. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ighlight=p2101
    So you're still getting limp mode but no CEL, right?

Yup, I don't think i've ever had a cel. Just reduced engine power on the d.i.c.

This is going to be tricky without logging some data. Do you have access to a decent scanner (or if you ever wanted to invest in a tuner like efi or hpt now would be a good time) that can log PIDs or better yet enhanced GM PIDs? We're looking for something that logs rpm, maf, maf freq (in hz), throttle position, map, commanded afr etc.. Good starting point to rule out the obvious before you swap any more parts.

Also, are you now running a stock PCM without the maggie tune from before? Also, with a scanner you should be able to check pending CEL lights. Sometimes it takes a while (several starts) before a CEL becomes permanent.

The most typical causes of limp mode are out of bounds exceptions between the maf, tb and map sensor. It usually happens when people swap out mafs, throttle bodies without calibration adjustments or when signal wires deteriorate. That's the most common cause so not ruling out anything yet. Our cars are exceptionally sensitive to signal noise.

Hmm, right now the only sort of scanner that I have at hand is just the Torque app on my android. Time for me to start looking around at EFILive, I guess there is probably nowhere that is better to purchase than on their own site?

torque should give you most of these I think, you need to figure out a way of logging it. Have no idea as I've not used torque for logs. You want intake manifold pressure, engine rpm, throttle position, maf (mass airflow), iat to start with. You can email me on ichpen@gmail.com if you want to send me some data.

I got my first efi live from Jesse at wait4me performance many years ago. He had $100 off retail at the time but not sure if he does that any more. You can look up dealers in the US and see if you can get a small discount otherwise direct is good also. Don't expect too much of a discount unless you find a used one somewhere.

Okay Nik, I can read all of those with torque and data log as well. It may take me a few days because my car isn't here at my home right now. Appreciate the help pard.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.