2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KW Variant 3 versus GC/FG2 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'd like your advice. I'm on the verge of buying another $800 worth of Eibach equipment and realized that I ...
- 10-08-12 09:29 PM #1Banned
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
KW Variant 3 versus GC/FG2
I'd like your advice. I'm on the verge of buying another $800 worth of Eibach equipment and realized that I could probably put this money toward a set of KW Variant 3's if someone is interested in dropping about $1000 on the package listed at the bottom of this thread. Might be a long shot, though.
For those of you with KW V3's (or better):
- Do you have any experience with the Ground Control setup? If so, how would you compare them? Body roll? Nose dive during braking?
- Are you running the stock spring rates, and if not, are you familiar with the availability of other spring rates, both during the original purchase and in the aftermarket?
- Did your FG2's crap out on you, and if so, after how many miles?
- Do you need any of your original suspension parts to install the KW system?
- I've heard that you can find these things for less than $1900 if you know where to shop. Apparently, I don't know where to shop. Where did you buy yours?
- All of the Ground Control hardware
- All four FG2's with 25,000 miles on them
- 2x 0550.250.1000 springs (550 in-lbs, 2.50" diameter, 10" length)
- 2x 0600.250.1000 springs
- 2x 0650.250.1000 springs
- 2x 0650.250.0800 springs (650 in-lbs, 2.50" diameter, 8" length)
- 2x 0700.250.0800 springs
- 10-08-12 09:54 PM #2
Re: KW Variant 3 versus GC/FG2
I didn't get my KW-V3's for less than $1900 but it was close. After shipping it was $2003.32.
http://www.highhorseperformance.com/...p/35263001.htmDo you need any of your original suspension parts to install the KW system?
step 13 for the rears, step 11 for the fronts shows what gets reused.
I kept the suggested settings from KW and love it. Got a good 4 wheel alignment afterwards, final settling took about month. Ran a few auto-x with them...but I suck so bad at it that I really can't give performance feedback - just that they feel good at all speeds. Never had any oversteer/understeer. The KW handling is night and day difference from the stock and H&R experience. Feels firmly planted, completely different car!
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Schumacher Electric - Metal Hand-Held Linear Battery Charger/Starter
Metal Hand-Held Linear Battery Charger/Starter - 50 Amp Engine Starter; 10/2 Amp; Fully Automatic; 2 LED Indicator Lights; Rugged Durable Metal Case; Top Mounted Carrying Handle
- O'Reilly Chemicals - Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluid
Synthetic DOT 3 Brake Fluid - Heavy Duty High Temp Formula; For ABS Disc & Drum Brakes; 1 Quart
- Mechanix Wear - Thermal Dip Winter Glove
Thermal Dip Winter Glove - Thermal Dip Glove Large/X-Large