Supercharging LS6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Supercharging LS6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am planning to supercharge my 05 LS6 this winter. What are the options? who has the best price? I ...
    Johnson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2000 Trans AM WS6

Supercharging LS6

I am planning to supercharge my 05 LS6 this winter. What are the options? who has the best price? I have seen the magnuson kit for $6500 on stillen's site and I see dragonrace sells a 3.3l kit, havent got pricing on that yet. The current mods are Kooks 1 3/4 LT w/cats and Magnaflow Cat Back, K&N CAI, Tuning, Gforce Axles. Any recommendations? things to consider? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Supercharging LS6

All I can respond to is Magnuson's MP-112 supercharger.

From a driveability standpoint, a maggie on an LS6 feels absolutely like stock except when the throttle is opened near WOT. It is incredibly reliable as well. I have 30k miles (48k km) on mine with only a few serpentine belts as casualties. (You always want to carry an extra in the trunk just in case.)

Two guys who were considering a maggie have driven my car, and I encourage you to talk to them (not me) about their experience: JD03Cobra and lollygagger8

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be very happy regardless of which way you go.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

I second what Rand49er says. I just installed a Magnacharger mp112 on my car not too long ago and it is awesome. I even have the 3 inch pulley and it pulls, so I know I will be very happy once I put the 2.7 on it.

BTW, there is a guy on LS1Ttech selling his for $4500.

Brackets is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V

Hey Randy, could you please check your messages? I just sent you a pm. Thanks, Brad.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    All I can respond to is Magnuson's MP-112 supercharger.

From a driveability standpoint, a maggie on an LS6 feels absolutely like stock except when the throttle is opened near WOT. It is incredibly reliable as well. I have 30k miles (48k km) on mine with only a few serpentine belts as casualties. (You always want to carry an extra in the trunk just in case.)

Two guys who were considering a maggie have driven my car, and I encourage you to talk to them (not me) about their experience: JD03Cobra and lollygagger8

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be very happy regardless of which way you go.
    Out of curiosity, why do the serpentine belts fail? Are they rubbing on something? Is it a fairly common issue? I want to supercharge mine in the future but I want to get as much info as possible first.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Randy has described the Maggie experience exactly how I felt when I drove his car. Drives just like stock, and then when the skinny pedal goes down.....beast mode engaged

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do the serpentine belts fail? Are they rubbing on something? Is it a fairly common issue? I want to supercharge mine in the future but I want to get as much info as possible first.
    This problem initially was due to the weak belt tensioner Magnuson was sending out with the kit. They have since beefed it up and should not be a problem when running the 2.8 pulley that comes on the supercharger now. Plus, many guys run the Goodyear Gatorback belts which are very good. One another note, many guys are running smaller pulleys so they go with an even stronger belt tensioner from EC. I am running an LS3 tensioner from Mangason, it's supposed to be stronger then there beefed up on for the LS6. I will be going to a 2.7 pulley this week, from a 3.0 pulley, so I hope not the see belt slippage.

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

My '04 LS6 just ticked over the 100,000 mile since adding my maggie mark. I changed the serp belt after about 80k maggied miles but the old belt was still in good shape. I just got tired of having the spare in the trunk. I'm a pretty spirited driver and have not had any engine problems except for a failed throttle body (motor on the throttle body actually) but I don't think the maggie had anything to do with that failure.

Needless to say, I'm a fan of the maggie route for supercharging
    '04 Platinum, Maggie, Corsa cat back, StealthV tune, UUC short throw shifter, Autovation Pedals, Lingenfelder CAI, GC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bars, UUC braided brake lines, Katech LS9 clutch, Level V RPM Transmission, Creative Steel engine & trans mounts

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Easy, simple, and effective... If that's what you're after

Johnson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2000 Trans AM WS6

Thanks for the feedback guys. Where is the cheapest place to get a new Magnuson kit?

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by soulja View Post
    This problem initially was due to the weak belt tensioner Magnuson was sending out with the kit. They have since beefed it up and should not be a problem when running the 2.8 pulley that comes on the supercharger now. Plus, many guys run the Goodyear Gatorback belts which are very good. One another note, many guys are running smaller pulleys so they go with an even stronger belt tensioner from EC. I am running an LS3 tensioner from Mangason, it's supposed to be stronger then there beefed up on for the LS6. I will be going to a 2.7 pulley this week, from a 3.0 pulley, so I hope not the see belt slippage.
    Thanks for the reply. that doesnt seem like a huge deal... especially for the power increase and the sound the maggie makes when you mash the loud pedal.

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Not to hijack the thread, Im collecting info to do the same to my ls2 but with the 6th gen. I read one person say lingenfelter no longer sells their kit(?). Is the 6th gen still an option for the ls2 or am I stuck looking at the mp112? I realize the cost to power ratio is ridiculous.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

I wouldn't do a Maggie 112...I already had one. It was nice and reliable, but they max out at 500whp and become a furnace when turned up with a smaller pulley. I just got my E Force 2300 that I will be installing upon my return home. Granted, its not a kit like the Maggie, and you have to source the HEX portion (which is not really too bad, stuff is easily available) but I will have a 2300 TVS for less than the price of a new Maggie 112. I have already posted over on LS1 Tech with pics of the assembly as well as the parts list required...and will document my build so that it can be duplicated (or improved upon) by anyone. Just have to get back home first!

Here is the original post: http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...ery-today.html

BTW - Ligenfelter is a joke...don't ever buy anything from those fools unless you want it known that you have much more money than sense.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Guess I have more money than sense. Oh well...

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

DMM, what specific problem did you have with Lingenfelter?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.