Just found out some troubling stuff
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Just found out some troubling stuff in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The car I bought had multiple claims filed on it from 2009 - 2010. I was shopping around insurance companies ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Just found out some troubling stuff

The car I bought had multiple claims filed on it from 2009 - 2010. I was shopping around insurance companies and one of them told me about the claims. Can anyone run a carfax on the VIN: 1G6DN57S140186700 for me. The report I have isn't showing anything. I just want to make sure that the dealer didn't just **** me over.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Just found out some troubling stuff

If the repairs were professionally done AND the repairs don't show up on carfax or.. forget the name of the other service... then it won't affect your resale and you shouldn't worry. If it's really bothering you, though, you should try to return it. Nothing works better than going in at peak hours and shouting that they sold you a car with collision damage an lied about it. They'll buy it back to avoid losing potential sales...

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

(No offense) If your Carfax report isn't showing anything ... how would the dealership know? Their report is going to say the exact same thing .... a Carfax report is a Carfax report. There's no such thing as a "dealer" report that has hidden things on it and a "consumer report" that's squeaky clean to use to trick potential buyers (?). You can buy a Single AutoCheck report for $9.99 to get confirmation from both Carfax and AutoCheck.

There are tons of things reported to insurance agencies that wouldn't show up on a Carfax report anyway, windshield replacement due to rock chips, tree branch falling on a car and causing damage .... did they tell you anything about the types of claims? What do they care if there were other claims on that car from the previous owner? That's between the previous owner and the insurance company, has nothing to do with you, your driving and where you park it at night?

The most expensive claim was $5900 there were like 3 more that were between $1000-$2000. And one that was for autoglass since it was like a $179 claim. The report I have is and 'Auto Check' apparently it is through Experian or something. It shows nothing. I just want to make sure that it is not damaged in a hard way to find. I thought the alignment was off cuz the car pulls a bit to the right but now I'm kinda pissed and freaked out. I didn't notice any frame damage when I looked under it but I don't have an alignment rig at my house.

and I know that the carfax single is 9.99 but I also know there are people on here who have access to dealer accounts that can do them for freeeeeeee if they are available.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you don't get one today let me know. I'll get you one, just takes me a few days to get them.

Peter

cmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Raven

My personal experience is that those reports can be very unreliable. Someone moved over into my lane while driving and barely touched the front wheel and fender. I had my cadillac dealer make the repairs, there was no body panel replacement, just pull the dent in the fender and touch up the paint. I took pictures of the damage and you can barely see anything. The wheel had to be refinished. This shows up on CarFax as a moderate damage accident.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I highly doubt the dealer knew anything...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

kciaccio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Your reports are clean but there is Insurance data base that is not open to the public and is for insurance professionals only. It is a data base designed by the insurance companies to keep tabs within the industry to protect themselves from fraud and multiple claims on one accident ect. It's real but has limited access. They must have seen some concerns about the car and have a hook up to check that data base. It is not something they do unless they see something that concerned them. In my experience it is usually an auction contact that is able to run these.

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by kciaccio View Post
    Your reports are clean but there is Insurance data base that is not open to the public and is for insurance professionals only. It is a data base designed by the insurance companies to keep tabs within the industry to protect themselves from fraud and multiple claims on one accident ect. It's real but has limited access. They must have seen some concerns about the car and have a hook up to check that data base. It is not something they do unless they see something that concerned them. In my experience it is usually an auction contact that is able to run these.
    Correct. It's called ISO.

let's not forget that carfax is optional, and voluntary.

Because they're giving you specific amounts per claim, I would say with 100% accuracy they're looking @ ISO. There are no hookups requried, it's a free service (as long as you're an insurance company) and typically standard procedure when shopping for a policy.

kciaccio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Correct. It's called ISO.

let's not forget that carfax is optional, and voluntary.

Because they're giving you specific amounts per claim, I would say with 100% accuracy they're looking @ ISO. There are no hookups requried, it's a free service (as long as you're an insurance company) and typically standard procedure when shopping for a policy.
    Hook up meant "not being an insurance company" you get the info.

I talked to the dealer. They offered to put it on the rack and recheck the alignment and if it is not satisfactory then they we will work something out.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    I talked to the dealer. They offered to put it on the rack and recheck the alignment and if it is not satisfactory then they we will work something out.
    Hope it all works out. I acquired a car long time ago that had been in an accident. Straightened the frame, and put a new front clip on for less than $1k including tires. The car lasted forever and never had any alignment problems.

I would get an alignment check outside the dealership. When I suspect something irregular, I go to high volume places where the expertise of the mechanics have a wide range of knowledge. If it is outside their range, then I take it to a professional after market (high performance) and get some feedback on my options.

I'm surprised you got your V from a dealership (used)- usually they sell before ending up at the lot.

Mine was from car max... they had it at a few locations. Admittedly I will say I probably paid too much but all the ones I looked at prior to this one were in very rough shape. One had a ton of body damage and the dealer wanted like 17k for it and wouldn't budge on the price. Body damage doesn't bother me cuz my finance works at a body shop. And from everything I can tell everything under the car lines up right and stuff so I'm not too worried.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Mine was from car max... they had it at a few locations. Admittedly I will say I probably paid too much but all the ones I looked at prior to this one were in very rough shape. One had a ton of body damage and the dealer wanted like 17k for it and wouldn't budge on the price. Body damage doesn't bother me cuz my finance works at a body shop. And from everything I can tell everything under the car lines up right and stuff so I'm not too worried.
    Did you get the SW exhaust installed yet?

I have next Tuesday and Wednesday off work... I have a 12 pack of Newcastle in the garage fridge and I'm gonna take my tme and do it over 2 days... hopefully it lines up better than yours did or I'll be driving my old 59 F100 with no AC in 103 degree heat lol. Someone forgot to tell mother nature that it is fall here in southern cal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.