what ecu in a 04 ctsv? ecu swap?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, what ecu in a 04 ctsv? ecu swap? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; >hey guys im tyring to find out what ecu code comes in my o4 ctsv stock. any one know off ...
    runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met

what ecu in a 04 ctsv? ecu swap?

>hey guys im tyring to find out what ecu code comes in my o4 ctsv stock. any one know off hand?

also im having some problems trying to get my car tuned on a 3 bar tune. any one know if i can just swap out the stock ecm to one out of a new car that allows 3bar tunes and still have all the stuff in the car still work like the nav and traction control?

need help stat guy im running out of summer her fast lol

-alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: what ecu in a 04 ctsv? ecu swap?

Oh my. Wow there.

I don't understand what you mean by ecu code? You mean check engine light or you mean ecu type?

You should never do an ecu swap for a 3 bar tune. You need a 3 bar map sensor to begin with, a 3 bar OS and a good tuner. Start there.

Why do you need a 3 bar tune anyway? Are you running a supercharger beyond 15 psi?

the ecu code wolud be what ecu number came in the car. the stock ecu in my car with a hp tuners tune only allows a 2 bar sd tune. i need a 3 bar tune that they dont offer for my ecu.
    i have the the 3 bar map already and a tuner lined up to tune it but it looks like im going to have to do a efi live tune, or a ecu swap to one that allows a 3 bar tune

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

I had the option of tuning a 3BAR MAP sensor on my turbo cobalt with HP tuners. You need to get the proper MAP sensor first, then HP tuners can program the computer to properly read it.

hp tuners DOES NOT offer a custom os with the 3bar option for the ctsv. they do for most cars but not for the ctsv.they only offer a 2 bar OS for the ctsv ecu

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Did you email HP support? I found your thread on their forums lol... either way

It looks like you might find some help in these threads:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...light=3BAR+MAP

or

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...light=3BAR+MAP

Looks like you need to start form your stock file, HPT can convert the stock file to a 3bar file then you can make changes from there from what it looks like anyways. I am more experienced with the LNF motor tuning in my cobalt though so take a look before you trust me on this. I'm just trying to help out.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Just curious, but what kinda setup are you running to need a 3 bar map?

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
    Just curious, but what kinda setup are you running to need a 3 bar map?
    Likewise. There's a lot of drawbacks to going up to 3 bar. You lose a lot of resolution and unless you're running a turbo with 20psi+ boost you really shouldn't go there. Anyway, your decision.

HPT is pretty crap when it comes to 2+ bar OS support for our cars. I suggest you find a tuner with EFI.

back from the dead. im still looking to see if anyone has more insite on this.

if i could get a 3 bar OS to work on our cars it would still have 5kpa resolution just like the 2 bar tune does. it will just be a bigger map so im really not loseing anything.

as for the need to have a 3 bar os i think i defintly do need it. i have a build thread on here now so you guys can see why.
    im shooting for 1000whp on a rear mounted twin turbos setup. i dont think ill hit my goal on 15psi of boost

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Butt turbos. Hm-m ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V
    I sure hope this isn't a street car - 1000hp well be like driving on a skating rink.

What motor/drive train combo are you running?

Took her out on the street for a little fun on wg 5psi tapering to 2psi up top

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.