Finally, A burnout video of my LS6 V with the CS 8.8 diff setup. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally, A burnout video of my LS6 V with the CS 8.8 diff setup. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Got my V on 9/9/12. I'm very aware of the "weak link" on our cars and it has changed the ...
    4doorocket is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Finally, A burnout video of my LS6 V with the CS 8.8 diff setup.

Got my V on 9/9/12. I'm very aware of the "weak link" on our cars and it has changed the way I drove my 2000 Z28 Camaro, it also had the dreaded "weak link" with the little 7.5 stock rear end but you could push it pretty hard compared to the "Luxury" car that's in the garage now. Solid axle anyone?? Anyway, if I want to drive it like it's meant to be and should I say, begging to be driven, I will have to purchase the 8.8. BTW, nice V sir, I hope to follow a similar path that you have showed me. Headers, exhaust, heads and cam but I'm thinking first move is to Creative Steel.
    Inside is complete though, Kenwood 7" touch screen nav/dvd/cd/iPod, Focal 165KRX2 6.5" 2 way components, Focal FPS2300RX amp w/ external highcap, 2 JL Audio 13.5 3ohm subwoofers, and the big dog, Rockford Fosgate T1500 Power series mono amp. 5% tint. 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, black w/ fawn interior. Now it's time for the "GO FAST PARTS" This is my first post so I'm sorry for the rambling but since I became a member of cadillacforums.com I wanted to share my story and it's just the beginning!! Thx for the great forum...

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

a solid axle would destroy what the v was intended to do, be a performance sedan that can compete with the german cars.
    there are multpile options to fix the rear in the v , it just depends on how much coin you want to throw at it.
    most guys get away with just a axle upgrade and have no issuies putting the power down.

4doorocket is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I was saying that the solid axle in my Camaro allowed me/you/whoever to do digs all day. I do have a question for you now though sir. Doing the axle upgrade may be a fix or a temp fix until one can afford Creative Steel 8.8?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

op, great vid and thanks for the 8.8 partlist in the other thread, it made piecing mine together much cheaprer

Quote Originally Posted by 4doorocket View Post
    I was saying that the solid axle in my Camaro allowed me/you/whoever to do digs all day. I do have a question for you now though sir. Doing the axle upgrade may be a fix or a temp fix until one can afford Creative Steel 8.8?
    do it. a SRA in this car is possible if you want to run a fuel cell in the back.. I waited and saved up for the 8.8 instead of buying getrag specific axles just to have to sell when i upgraded. imo wait

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

Quote Originally Posted by 4doorocket View Post
    well you have 2 options with axles.
    if you go with the gforce econo axles you use your factory stubs which become the weak link.
    if you go with the 1000rwhp axles then you have no worries.
    it all depends how much power you plan on putting to the tire.
    lots of guys have had good luck running the dss/gforce 1000rwhp race axles and never had any more issues with there diffs.
    for me i found a set used for a thousand bucks, i plan on runnin them until my diff explodes, at that time i will be running a 9 inch conversion.
    i have been putting 450 wheel to the ground for around a year, no issuies, and i do drive aggressivly.
    lots of wot, lots of greasy clutch dumps, ect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.