Ran 12.457 @ 116.34 pass one....broke a CV on pass two... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Ran 12.457 @ 116.34 pass one....broke a CV on pass two... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Funny you say that Jerry...when my car broke I swore off the track ever again in this car. Now that ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: Ran 12.457 @ 116.34 pass one....broke a CV on pass two...

Funny you say that Jerry...when my car broke I swore off the track ever again in this car. Now that I have these axles installed and I can launch on the street without wheel hop, only spinning tires, I want to go back! It really feels great to be able to smash the pedal and have confidence that something isn't going to explode, at least on the street.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Funny you say that Jerry...when my car broke I swore off the track ever again in this car. Now that I have these axles installed and I can launch on the street without wheel hop, only spinning tires, I want to go back! It really feels great to be able to smash the pedal and have confidence that something isn't going to explode, at least on the street.
    Did you do the full axles with the upgraded CVs and outer stubs or just the basic pair?

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Did you do the full axles with the upgraded CVs and outer stubs or just the basic pair?
    Just the basic pair...bought from a forum member that is going to an 8.8. Like I said, confidence on the street, but the sticky vht at the track is a different story. I couldn't justify going all out on the axles because I really have no plans to drag the car anymore. Since I had to fix it, I figured I might as well get something for the trouble so I grabbed the basic g-force axles.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Well at least you can have some confidence now. Even if it is just on the street.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.