8 rib setup with extras and a retune
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Sweetwilliebrownjr
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 8 rib setup with extras and a retune in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well, I just ordered an 8 rib setup for the car, a 2.7 pulley (currently running the 2.8) for the ...
    Sweetwilliebrownjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-V

8 rib setup with extras and a retune

Well, I just ordered an 8 rib setup for the car, a 2.7 pulley (currently running the 2.8) for the maggie, and a magnaflow catback. I already have the 10% overdrive crank pulley. I've upgraded to a kenne bell boost a pump, have meth injection kicking in at 3psi, Kooks long tubes, and just put in an 18 lbs flywheel. Im getting it tuned at the end of the month at EPS. The previous owner (a former member) put down a hair over 500 with the 6 rib 2.7 pulley, but said it stopped pulling at about 5k rpm. I figure it was belt slip, which will be totally eliminated with the new setup. I'm figuring I can easily put down over 500, with quicker boost and power delivery, and still be fairly safe. Anyone tried the 8 rib? Did it slack off on the top end? Anyhow, I'll post dyno numbers and such prolly at the beginning of next month. This is gonna have to tide me over for about a year, until I save the money for a Dragon kit and built motor, so I'm hoping it turns out well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: 8 rib setup with extras and a retune

What other mods are on the car. 500rwhp is pretty tough to get with a Maggie.

Maggie, meth, long tubes, no cats, stock modified air box, innovators west 10% overdrive crank pulley, 18 lbs flywheel, and catback, 2.7 pulley, and 8- rib here shortly. It was 502 hp and I believe 531 torque on the 2.7 6 rib pulley, factory catback but otherwise identical set up with the previous owner (i have no idea what type dyno). I'm not so much looking for a number anyhow, but I would like to see it. Quicker boost, and definitely more power than I have now.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Those numbers sound a bit high to me without a cam. Not being negative, I don't want you being bummed if you get 480hp (which is pretty good IMO).

The meth won't give you much power with a PD blower so don't go too dependent on it in the tune. But with the Maggie being overdriven, it will minimize the heat soak so you don't lose so much.

PS The LS2 does respond better to mods than an LS6, so I'm hoping my guesstimate is low

Good luck with it.

Well, it's being taken to a different tuner, so numbers will def dependent on him and the dyno I guess. EPS is known for tedious drivability tuning, which is my main concern. I would like to see 1200 I'm sure I'll be happy with 480 if that's the number. I'm seriously mostly curious if it'll keep pulling past 5k with the 2.7 pulley, then I'll know belt slip was the problem.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Great setup. Overdrive crank pulley, dropping down to a 2.7" drive pulley, and stepping up to an 8-rib belt system.

Don't listen to that Twitch guy. I'd say 500 rwhp is within reach with those mods and a good tuner.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Hammar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

I'm set up very similar.... and really want to see 500+ for my own edification. Looking forward to an update regardless of the numbers.

Hammar
    Maggied 2005

Well, I got everything on but the tensioner itself, and blower pulley, which aren't here yet. Pain in my ass. Had to grind part of the alternator for the pulley to snug up, had to space the idler to make it line up, had to space the tensioner pulley, and had to grind part of the new power steering pulley off to make it press on far enough. Innovators west said they've never seen any of that have to be done. I don't know if I have the one different v there is, or they sent me the wrong shit, and decided to cover it up, but it was hell. Now I gotta get the other stuff in and on.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Need pics.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Didn't even think about taking pictures, and I'm sure as hell not removing all of it to take em. Lol. Just picture your regular shit but wider.
    Hammar and Hammar like this.

Hammar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliebrownjr View Post
    Just picture your regular shit but wider.
    still laughing...

I was pretty buzzed when I posted that. Lol. Anyhow, I'll take pics when I've got it all together. Luckysspeed is supposed to update me on the status of my tensioner, quick change hub and blower pulley tomorrow, so, fingers crossed, I might have them this week. I'm tired of waiting, and I'm running a six rib belt with all but the blower pulley being 8 rib. It hasn't walked of yet, but it gives me anxiety. Much anxiety.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.