revspeed motor mounts installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, revspeed motor mounts installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; just picked up my v from my local dealer who installed my mounts for me.I got to admit i was ...
    vitsioto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS_V

Cool revshift motor mounts installed

just picked up my v from my local dealer who installed my mounts for me.I got to admit i was a bit nervous about the mounts adding vibration to my drivetrain.So he gives me the keys and tells me to start the car all i can say is i'm still smiling. there is no noticeable vibrations so far and the car fells totally different no more herky jerky feeling and it seems to shift a lot easier.I am totally satisfied with the mounts.I will coment more when i put some miles on the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: revspeed motor mounts installed

Revspeed?

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

I'm assuming revshift? Reds or blues?

vitsioto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS_V

i apologize i mean revshift blues

Z06CADY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Did you use the stock heat shields?

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Great mounts for the price, lovin mine! I wrapped mine in heat tape, stock heat shields don't fit.

Tom400CFI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Just changed mine last night. REVSHIFT Blue. First time I've done it, and using a floor jack and jack stands, it took me 2:45, which I was pleased with.

Bought the car bone stock, with 28k and both mounts must have been blown even then. It had a lot of vibes but I thought that was normal for that car; didn't knwo MM's were an issue in these and never seen mounts go bad in a car period...never mind after 4 years and only 28k miles. Anyway, now at 94k miles, I finally got SICK of the ridiculous vibrations, resulting interior rattles and creaks, etc. Oh yea, and the hard shifting and "THUMP!" when you shift 1->2 at WOT. Pulled the original mounts, both blown. So long ago that there was zero reminants of the fluid that was in them. Just two busted up piles of rubber.

Install notes: I didn't remove the dip stick. Didn't remove any exhaust (stock). I disassembled the mounts in the vehicle which allowed for easy removal and install in three smaller pieces.

Results: Holy sh!t. WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!? It's a different car! It is SO smooth...SO quiet, no rattles, creaks, vibes....wow. Incredible how much better it is when the motor isn't sitting on the frame rails. Motor now sits about 1" higher than it was sitting before. So far, I'm exceedingly happy with these mounts and so is my wife (primary driver of the car).

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Hmm. You may have got me sold finally. I need the motor to sit a bit higher cuz my steering shaft is sittin pretty close to my longtubes. Thanks for the info

Glad the post was helpful. Just to clarify, the motor sat higher because the OEM mounts were so badly sacked out. They were terrible.

The new ones are awesome though. Every time we start the car, it's like...."Ahhhhhh!, SO nice!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom400CFI View Post
    Just changed mine last night. REVSHIFT Blue.....So far, I'm exceedingly happy with these mounts and so is my wife (primary driver of the car).
    Mounts are still working perfectly, and I'm still happy w/my purchase...however, I did want to report that after only 10 month of "wife driving", the passengers side mount has burned/cracked some. See pic...

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

^ did you not have any heat shielding around them at all?

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

We now include silicone heat jackets with every CTS/CTS-V motor mount purchase. We have learned that heat shields are a necessity on these cars. The good news is that we warranty motor mounts for life as long as you use heat shields next time.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    We now include silicone heat jackets with every CTS/CTS-V motor mount purchase. We have learned that heat shields are a necessity on these cars. The good news is that we warranty motor mounts for life as long as you use heat shields next time.
    My wrapped headers did a number on these mounts...looks like somebody took a blowtorch to them. Mine were in there bareback with no shielding, wrapping cause that's the way they came and the way they were supposed to be installed at that time.

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

If you don't mind, how much did the dealer charge? I need mine replaced as well. I know this can change from dealer to dealer, just kind of wanted a ballpark number when I shop around.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V

My local stealership was high 700$ for stock replacements no thx...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.