Track tire size - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Track tire size in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by trukk A couple of track weekends. You guys are overthinking this. -Chris I have to respectfully disagree. ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Re: Track tire size

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    A couple of track weekends.

You guys are overthinking this.

-Chris
    I have to respectfully disagree. When it comes to safety, one can never be too careful. If the weigh rating on the tire isn't enough, and you wreck cuz excessive heat blows the tire or it rolls the bead or some other unfortunate circumstance occurs, I would hate to know I could have saved putting my car into a wall by ponying up a few more dollars. Especially since, at the track I usually go to (Fontana, California AAA Speedway) you can see 150mph on a banked section of NASCAR track after you battle through the road coarse section. I would hate to have a tire failure at speeds like that. It would completely wreck your car and you would be lucky to walk away I think.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Re: Track tire size

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. When it comes to safety, one can never be too careful. If the weigh rating on the tire isn't enough, and you wreck cuz excessive heat blows the tire or it rolls the bead or some other unfortunate circumstance occurs, I would hate to know I could have saved putting my car into a wall by ponying up a few more dollars. Especially since, at the track I usually go to (Fontana, California AAA Speedway) you can see 150mph on a banked section of NASCAR track after you battle through the road coarse section. I would hate to have a tire failure at speeds like that. It would completely wreck your car and you would be lucky to walk away I think.
    I have the Hoosier GrandAM tires, build for the porky GT cars. Driver at 150+ at VIR. No firey ball of death to report.

Check your tire-pressures. If they are getting too high, then you have a problem.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.