Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 164

Thread: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

  1. #136
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    3 sets left as of today...


  2. #137
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Still got a few sets left if anyone still needs. A little bit quicker to install and a lot less trouble...

  3. #138
    Pearsonmx6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    north pole Alaska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    I dont want to read through ten pages but if they are 250 a set like in page one pm me

  4. #139
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearsonmx6 View Post
    I dont want to read through ten pages but if they are 250 a set like in page one pm me
    PM sent

  5. #140
    Pearsonmx6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    north pole Alaska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Hey bud it wont. Let me pm yet are these ready to ship now and would you be willing to us usps flat rate that seems to work the best to get to alaska.

  6. #141
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearsonmx6 View Post
    Hey bud it wont. Let me pm yet are these ready to ship now and would you be willing to us usps flat rate that seems to work the best to get to alaska.
    Yes, they are ready to go and they ship out USPS in the small flat rate box...

  7. #142
    Pearsonmx6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    north pole Alaska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Sounds good ill PayPal you tonight

  8. #143
    Pearsonmx6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    north pole Alaska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Did you get that payment?

  9. #144
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearsonmx6 View Post
    Did you get that payment?
    Got it. Thanks...

  10. #145
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    2 sets are left...

  11. #146
    jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    169

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Question....When I installed my set there is a gap between the metal bushing and the top of your bushing. When I tighten it down it deforms the stock washer. Did I install it wrong ?

  12. #147
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmargo View Post
    Question....When I installed my set there is a gap between the metal bushing and the top of your bushing. When I tighten it down it deforms the stock washer. Did I install it wrong ?
    Yes.
    It should sit flush with the cradle all around the mounting points and the washer will sit flat against the bushing.
    Without any gaps

    Some pics I found


  13. #148
    jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    169

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Thanks, I'll go get some pics and check again. I had a 1 in gap on both the rears.

    EDIT: Did some real quick measurements.


    Last edited by jmargo; 06-12-13 at 11:40 PM.

  14. #149
    Junior1's Avatar
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    About to pass you...
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    There are 2 different sets. One long tab and one short tab.
    They may be reversed or need to be adjusted so that the tabs offset each other by 90 degrees, they interlock (ie the tabs on the top fill 1 set of voids and the tabs on the bottom fill the other voids.
    It looks to me like you have both long tabs from top and bottom hitting each other and creating the gap or they need to be rotated 90 degrees. Once the tabs go into the voids on each side there is no gaps...

    Link to the faq install just incase http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...all/index.html
    Last edited by Junior1; 06-13-13 at 03:46 PM.

  15. #150
    jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    169

    Re: Interest in Delrin Cradle Bushings ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    There are 2 different sets. One long tab and one short tab.
    They may be reversed or need to be adjusted so that the tabs offset each other by 90 degrees, they interlock (ie the tabs on the top fill 1 set of voids and the tabs on the bottom fill the other voids.
    It looks to me like you have both long tabs from top and bottom hitting each other and creating the gap or they need to be rotated 90 degrees. Once the tabs go into the voids on each side there is no gaps...

    Link to the faq install just incase http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...all/index.html
    I will look when I get home.
    What I was trying to show was that the current stock gap between the subframe and washer with no bushing installed is just over 9mm. The bushing is 13mm thick and not physically able to fit in that void with out sticking out a couple MM. Can you measure your other set and see if they are all the same ?


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum