CTS-V E-Force thread
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V E-Force thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My E-Force install. When I bought mine it was a universal kit with some generic pieces. Im sure as the ...
    cutter5o is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

CTS-V E-Force thread

My E-Force install. When I bought mine it was a universal kit with some generic pieces. Im sure as the info gets out and some resellers do the installs it will turn into a kit. For example when I started on my build it was 2 months prior to being able to order an LS2 version of the universal kit.

Let me know if you have any questions or PM me and Ill get back to you ASAP with an answer.

The build.

I swore I would keep my car stock until the warranty ran out. That would have been this upcoming December 2012.

After a few repeat issues with the dealership I decided to forgo the warranty and care for my own car.
    First out was the set of motor mounts my dealership swore were ok. I put a set of CS mounts. I also threw in kooks 1 7/8, Corsa exhaust, LPE CAI, and Katech shifter.
    Fast forward a few months and I inform my wife I may want to trade my car for a 2009 V. She informed me that like her, I have to make my cars last 10 years. I said fine but I get to make some changes to the car to suit my liking. It would have been cheaper to get an 09 but at least this way I get creds for building my own car.

The first to go was the stock diff. In with a G-Force 1320 9 inch IRS.

I had barely finished that project for a month when I purchased an LS3 that was the standby motor for a Grand AM GT Camaro.

I put in an LS9 Cam and swapped it for my LS2.

That was topped off with a Universal Edelbrock E-Force kit. While being a bit of a challenge getting everything on the E-Force to fit and or work correctly, in the end it was worth it.
    Patrick G did my tuning and the car ended up with 565WHP 526 Torque on a mustang dyno.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: CTS-V E-Force thread

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Could you list your supporting modifications (fuel pump, injectors, etc) and details regarding the LS3 motor (blueprinted, not blueprinted, forged bottom end, cast aluminum, cast iron, etc) along with the part number of the Eaton kit you purchased? If I had to guess, it was the 1592 for the LS3 Corvette, but I could be wrong (it might be the 1595 for the LS2 Corvette, for instance):

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/...ductId=1287709

Also, how much boost are you running?

I think you've probably got another 40-50 RWHP to coax out of that build before you're done. Have you had any trouble with your clutch?

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

More pics of pedicure.

Oh, and nice build! That's some change from stock.

The LS3 is a grand am GT motor. It has to be stock except for ARP rod bolts. It is balanced but no porting and stock camaro LS3 pieces only. I put an LS9 cam in it.
    The E-Force kit is a universal kit. They have many versions. The vendor that is ordering the kit for you will need to call Edelbrock and custom order it for your specifications. You will need a Corvette/CTS-V belt pulley setup and a camaro snout. they will forge one that meets your needs and build the kit for you. I can create a parts list that will get it pretty close to a complete kit. It will take me a few days to get it all together. If someone is really interested PM me and we can try to work something out. I have the 3.25 pulley and am running 8lbs of boost. I have the 72lb at 4 bar injectors. Again this is not a kit yet so there is no magic off the shelf part number or bolt it on in 8 hours solution

My supporting mods are
    FUEL: deatchwerks fuel pump, racetronix harness, Kenne Bell BAP, 72lb inj
    DIFF: G-Force 9 inch
    TRANS: TR6060 from ECP and RSG
    CLUTCH: Mantic

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    More pics of pedicure.

Oh, and nice build! That's some change from stock.
    Thx Yah I told her I was going to post it and she decided to show them off.

Any idea how hard it was to tune for those injectors? Slowhawk says that anything over 60 lbs requires a nasty hack into the ECU. According to my favorite fuel injector size calculator, at 700 BHP (20% drivetrain loss --> 560 RWHP), 0.60 BSFC, 0.80 max injector duty cycle, and 58 PSIG fuel system, you only need 57 lbs (i.e.: stock LS9 injectors).

Also, you're probably leaving a lot on the table with the LS9 cam.

The LS2 is a 204/211 .525/.525 117.5 LSA
    The LS9 is a 211/230 .558/.552 122.5 LSA

By comparison, my "small" (or so everyone says) TRuTorq L3 cam is a 223/239 .612/.610 115 LSA. The L4 cam (built for rectangle port heads) is 227/234 .616/.614 115 LSA, and (I think) might help balance out your boosted setup with its peaky power band.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Any idea how hard it was to tune for those injectors? Slowhawk says that anything over 60 lbs requires a nasty hack into the ECU. According to my favorite fuel injector size calculator, at 700 BHP (20% drivetrain loss --> 560 RWHP), 0.60 BSFC, 0.80 max injector duty cycle, and 58 PSIG fuel system, you only need 57 lbs (i.e.: stock LS9 injectors).

Also, you're probably leaving a lot on the table with the LS9 cam.

The LS2 is a 204/211 .525/.525 117.5 LSA
    The LS9 is a 211/230 .558/.552 122.5 LSA

By comparison, my "small" (or so everyone says) TRuTorq L3 cam is a 223/239 .612/.610 115 LSA. The L4 cam (built for rectangle port heads) is 227/234 .616/.614 115 LSA, and (I think) might help balance out your boosted setup with its peaky power band.
    Patrick did the magic but didnt complain about the fuel tables. He uses EFILive. Patrick did say more was on the table but I wanted safe over dyno numbers. All I know is its fast as hell for a street car. If I start tracking I may make changes

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Man those Eforce kits are ugly as all get out, but somehow you made it look pretty good. Nice build, and nice numbers!

Questions:
    How much $$ was the LS3, and how much $$ was the Eforce after all the little nick knacks? What problems did you have getting items to fit?
    Did the LS3 come with the correct reluctor wheel or did you have to change that out?

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Man those Eforce kits are ugly as all get out, but somehow you made it look pretty good. Nice build, and nice numbers!

Questions:
    How much $$ was the LS3, and how much $$ was the Eforce after all the little nick knacks? What problems did you have getting items to fit?
    Did the LS3 come with the correct reluctor wheel or did you have to change that out?
    The motor was $2900 It was built for a 2010 Grand AM GT Camaro so it had the new reluctor. I got a smoking deal on it as it was spotless like new The owner changed classes and didnt need this one any more. He just wanted it off his race trailer. I put a new water, oil pump, ls9 cam, harmonic, odd and end bolts, and some gaskets for another $700. I sold my old LS2 for $2200

Supercharger was where I threw my budget out the window. I payed 6k for the E-Force, and Im still working on the supporting mods. I would guess Im up to 3k on supporting mods. I honestly stopped counting and decided it doesnt matter as long as its done right. Ive done some things more than once as a result. Exhaust is an example of that. I went through three variations, spent close to 2k and ended up with the original Corsa.

The TR6060 and Mantic clutch arent included in those numbers. I payed about 5600 for those two. I have an RPS Twin clutch I bought that has less than 2k miles on it. I thought the trans or clutch were the issue but it turned out to be the pilot bearing was causing my shifting issues. I already had the new clutch and trans so I went ahead and put them in. As soon as I sell the RPS clutch Ill recoup that money.

I put a meth system on for a short period. It didnt help much with the IAT's so I removed it. Now Im going to put it back on this weekend with the Active Interchiller I got from chillerdave. I am most likely going to run pure meth and try to get another 60hp out of it. I am going to have two tunes. One without meth for DD activities and one with meth for racing or when I just want to get a ticket.

As for getting stuff to fit... This isnt a plug and play 8 hour maggie install. There was a lot of custom stuff I had to come up with which is why it took me so long. The fuel lines from the kit dont match up with ours. I had to order that stuff myself. I figured out the Jannetty fuel line fix while I was at it and bought the correct pieces. I had to bend the intercooler fitting to get around the power steering reservoir, the stock hood needs to be notched in three places, you need to know the belt size(Ill look that up for you if I can find it), mocking up an intake is another challenge. Make sure you order the LS2 harness instead of the LS3 harness. Thats all I can remember...oh yah intercooler mockup. You have to make your own brackets and figure out the routing. It took me a few days and you can see my pics to get an idea of how I did it.

What's the Janetty fuel line fix?

The fuel lines that ship with an E-Force feed the passenger side at the rear, crossover in the front and then feed the drivers side from the front. The last two cylinders on the drivers side are starved if you draw too much fuel beyond the stock pulley.

From what I gathered by reading the camaro forums, janetty came up with a fix. I called them about it and while they would sell it to me they wouldnt tell me what it is or give me a picture. So I figured it was easy to do. The camaro has a different fuel feed than us. Theirs is male and ours is female. other than that you put the correct fitting into a russell Y block and then feed each rail from the rear. You have to buy some AN hose and 4 -6 AN fittings for the rails and y block. Ill look up my part numbers from summit and post them for you. Use the stock crossover on the front for pulsing. tada! If you ever want to do a return setup just swap the front crossover for the one I have in the pic up top

That sounds like Janetty. Both bad and good.

FRA-371012 HOSE ASSY STR X STR ALUM NUT A $22.95 2 $45.90
    RUS-644020 ADAPTER FITTING A $11.95 1 $11.95
    RUS-650400 BILLET Y BLOCK A $17.95 1 $17.95
    RUS-670343 FITTING $13.95 1 $13.95
    SUM-220166B -6 O-RING TO -6 FLARE FIT BLK A $6.95 4 $27.8

All parts ordered from summit to make the Y setup that connects to the E-Force fuel rails

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Ahh, found some parts. So bumping to the top. Yeah, got my tax returns and ready to burn a hole in my wallet!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.