New D3 Competition True Coilover System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New D3 Competition True Coilover System in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello, As some many know, we have been working on bringing forth another new track tested product for the Cadillac ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

New D3 Competition True Coilover System

Hello,
    As some many know, we have been working on bringing forth another new track tested product for the Cadillac CTS-V market. After a few years of leading the development of the KW Variant 3 system, we moved to the next level of shocks due to the suspension demands we had at the current performance level we are at. This led us into a great development program with JRI Shocks and allowed us to introduce what is the first ever true coilover system (front & rear). In addition to that it has allowed us to have a range of adjustment that performs like no other. The results are incredible. Here are the details:

D3 | Competition Spec Coil Over System

2009-2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe/Sedan/Wagon

D3 has teamed up with JRI Shocks to develop the worlds most comprehensive and multi adjustable true coilover system for the Cadillac CTS-V. This system was developed to meet the rigorous demands of racing/motorsports with the intent on bringing the best coilover system to market for motorsports activities.

JRI Shocks has an incredible reputation and D3 has used their expertise to help bring forth a new product. The Competition Coilover System will allow the user a seemingly infinite amount of adjustment to high speed and low speed settings, thus allowing you to create ideal traction conditions in not so ideal track conditions. D3 offers additional spring rates and custom gas pressure options for special requirements. The system focuses on the
    following:

* Reducing breakaway seal friction or stiction.
    * Reducing internal gas spring rate and rod force.
    * Reducing internal gas spring rate and rod force.
    * Reducing friction in running and side loaded conditions.
    * Increasing dynamic response in higher frequencies.
    * Reducing hysteresis.

$4295 | USD

This system has been in testing (in the Cadillac Challenge & other track sessions) for quite sometime and we are VERY happy with the overall performance gains. We have systems available for both the first gen CTS-V and the second gen CTS-V. Our initial testing has resulted in a reduction in lap times by about 3-4 seconds compared to the standard coilover system. These are considered competition coilovers, however they can be driven on the street with little to no adjustment. We offer a variety of spring rates to accommodate your desired setup. Please let us know if there are any questions.

For more information, please contact one of our sales reps at info@d3rd.com or call 562-595-8518. Detailed information can be found on the D3 website http://www.d3cadillac.com/news/lates...il-over-system

A little bit of background on Jeff Ryan of JRI -
    • 5 Formula One world Championships
    • 9 U.S. Open Wheel Championships (CART/ChampCar and IRL)
    • 6 Indianapolis 500 Victories
    • 10 NASCAR Cup Series Championships
    • Multiple Sports Car Championships
    • Multiple Superbike Championships
    • Countless race wins in forms of motorsports around the world

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: New D3 Competition True Coilover System

unfortunately no good for us V1s....

Actually, we have you covered also. We have been testing on a V1 as well as the V2. Both on the track!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    unfortunately no good for us V1s....

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Well, what are the details on the V1 system?

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Hopefully not $4k+! Not even $3k.
    lilgCTS-V and lilgCTS-V like this.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Yea seriously, That is pretty spendy. For a $50k 09+ no biggie but that is 20% of the value of my car as it sits. LOL I would rather have a maggie. Too bad too cuz they are only an hour away from me in Long Beach-ish area... However, IF I had that kind of money to spend, I probably would. I saw a D3 equipped car at Fontana during a track day with Speed Ventures and it was an animal.

winstonlv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Hopefully not $4k+! Not even $3k.
    $4295.00
    Lol

They certainly are not cheap, but their performance is like no other. Again, these are designed for those looking for maximum performance on the track with their CTS-V's. If you are just looking for a standard type coilover to get your car nice and low, there are MANY different options, this one most likely should not be considered an option for that. Our customers help push our development program. So if we are out of solutions for increases in handling, it eventually leads to products like this. Built out of necessity and driven by performance.

Which car did you see at track? If you are at the track again, bring a helmet and we can take you for a few hot laps .

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yea seriously, That is pretty spendy. For a $50k 09+ no biggie but that is 20% of the value of my car as it sits. LOL I would rather have a maggie. Too bad too cuz they are only an hour away from me in Long Beach-ish area... However, IF I had that kind of money to spend, I probably would. I saw a D3 equipped car at Fontana during a track day with Speed Ventures and it was an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Which car did you see at track? If you are at the track again, bring a helmet and we can take you for a few hot laps .

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    There were 2 that day I think. One broke a suprcharger pulley in the first session. The other was a black one I think. It was at Fontana on 5/6/2012 on the Roval. I had a helmet, I was in the Silver Cobalt SS #778. My buddy Rick turned in a faster time but I actually stayed on the track with no "shortcuts" lol.

Okay, yeah I recall that. It was the first gen that sheared the blower pulley. The black one was a V2, correct? We will be back on the track late September at the next Challenge race in Buttonwillow. I'll save you a seat!

"Shortcuts" He cut through the playground?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

There were 2 that day I think. One broke a suprcharger pulley in the first session. The other was a black one I think. It was at Fontana on 5/6/2012 on the Roval. I had a helmet, I was in the Silver Cobalt SS #778. My buddy Rick turned in a faster time but I actually stayed on the track with no "shortcuts" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Okay, yeah I recall that. It was the first gen that sheared the blower pulley. The black one was a V2, correct? We will be back on the track late September at the next Challenge race in Buttonwillow. I'll save you a seat!

"Shortcuts" He cut through the playground?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Can't do Buttonwillow but I will watch your youtube channel when you guys upload the gopros. I talked to the guys with the first gen V before the day really started. My buddy Mike's computer shorted while I was loading a tune and I was scrambling around looking for a tech2 to force relearn his computer. I figured the CTS-V guys with a bazillion hp might have one.

Yea lol that assahole cut through the playground haha he only beat my time by half a second though. He didn't slow down at all, just banged through lol I ran a 2:02.008 he ran a 2:01.444. Next time I go up there I will be running the V, the Cobalt is getting sold this weekend. I'm gonna miss that little car, I was layin the beat down on most things in my class execpt for the GTR, a ridiculous R32, and a Lancer EVO with more money in it than probably my whole car.

That should be a 1.7 second penalty for cutting the course. Looking forward to seeing you on the track with the V.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Can't do Buttonwillow but I will watch your youtube channel when you guys upload the gopros. I talked to the guys with the first gen V before the day really started. My buddy Mike's computer shorted while I was loading a tune and I was scrambling around looking for a tech2 to force relearn his computer. I figured the CTS-V guys with a bazillion hp might have one.

Yea lol that assahole cut through the playground haha he only beat my time by half a second though. He didn't slow down at all, just banged through lol I ran a 2:02.008 he ran a 2:01.444. Next time I go up there I will be running the V, the Cobalt is getting sold this weekend. I'm gonna miss that little car, I was layin the beat down on most things in my class execpt for the GTR, a ridiculous R32, and a Lancer EVO with more money in it than probably my whole car.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

The response that I can muster to Dr. Speed's desire to make the most of the V1 platform is to point at how many drivers say they really want KW Variant 3's but that they can't justify the cost given the value of their car. D3 probably would make a killing if they designed an alternative that fell somewhere between the cost of a Ground Control kit and the KW V3. I'd certainly be willing to drop $1000 on an upgrade like that.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Forza doesn't penalize me.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    The response that I can muster to Dr. Speed's desire to make the most of the V1 platform is to point at how many drivers say they really want KW Variant 3's but that they can't justify the cost given the value of their car. D3 probably would make a killing if they designed an alternative that fell somewhere between the cost of a Ground Control kit and the KW V3. I'd certainly be willing to drop $1000 on an upgrade like that.
    Agreed. We understand and want performance too, not interested in slamming the car to the ground as said. I track my V and would upgrade over Ground Control + FG2. But NFW at $4295.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.