REVSHIFT Transmission Mount
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By philistine
  • 2 Post By philistine
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, REVSHIFT Transmission Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just wanted to share my install. My exhaust was removed. Shown here is the transmission mount with the jack supported ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

REVSHIFT Transmission Mount

Just wanted to share my install. My exhaust was removed.

Shown here is the transmission mount with the jack supported but no force applied. I loosened the nuts - this is not needed to install the REVSHIFT transmission mount. The REVSHIFT tranmission mount is designed as an insert so you don't need to remove the mount. I wanted to inspect the mount so I removed it.
    Notice the compression of the stock transmission mount.

Here is a pic after the REVSHIFT mount was installed. Notice the right side (driver's side) the stock rubber is pulled away and detached from the top.

This install is pretty straight forward. Ideally, you just place your jack (with a block of wood) under the transmission for support. Slowly raise the transmission to the metal washer/flange on the transmission mount. Lubricate the new mount (I used white lithium grease). Slide the REVSHIFT insert into the OEM mount (I slide mine in with block of wood and a 5 lb hammer, gentle taps).

Shown here is the transmission mount removed (not necessary for REVSHIFT installation). See the metal washer/flange...the mount has to be tensioned (spread apart) to that washer/flange to get the proper clearance for the REVSHIFT transmission mount. For that reason I found it best to leave everything bolted in place and just raise the transmission and install the mount.

Here is the REVSHIFT transmission mount:

I do not have any details yet how the mount performs before vs. after. My car is "garage queen" for at least another week until I can drive it and give some feedback.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Re: REVSHIFT Transmission Mount

Do you have to drop the exhaust ? or can I just queeze my arms up in there???? I just dont feel like pulling off the exhaust yet. I was going to wait and do my trans mount the same time I do the MM's but I'm having trouble with reverse shifting and have read its most likely due to the trans mount looking like you stock one in the photo above. I'm off tomorrow with nothing to due and maybe will put the car on stands and knock this "to Do" off the list. my car has 47K miles.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by V for victory View Post
    Do you have to drop the exhaust ? or can I just queeze my arms up in there???? I just dont feel like pulling off the exhaust yet. I was going to wait and do my trans mount the same time I do the MM's but I'm having trouble with reverse shifting and have read its most likely due to the trans mount looking like you stock one in the photo above. I'm off tomorrow with nothing to due and maybe will put the car on stands and knock this "to Do" off the list. my car has 47K miles.
    1. Put car on jacks. Don't bother removing the exhaust or prepping your vehicle in any other way.
    2. Put hydraulic jack under back of transmission (forward of the transmission brace) and lift until vehicle is almost taken off the jack stands. That'll open the gap slightly.
    3. Lube the RevShift transmission block. Get under the car and use a normal hammer to get the front edge seated equally in the gap on both sides.
    4. Turn the hammer sideways and jam the head up past the transmission mount into the propeller flange. Now you have a lever. Push the handle of the hammer toward the front of the car, forcing the transmission block into the mount. You might have to re-seat the hammer a couple of times to get the right angle.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Thanks for the contributions!

I'm assuming the oem mount just pulls out after jacking up the transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    Thanks for the contributions!

I'm assuming the oem mount just pulls out after jacking up the transmission?
    You leave the OEM mount there. Otherwise, you'll have nothing to put your RevShift mount into.

Oh, and by the way, don't loosen the bolts like Philistine did. If you do, you'll allow the OEM mount to shift upward with the transmission when you apply pressure with the jack, and therefore it won't open the gap any wider.

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Thank you. I was thinking the stock rubber insert came out and was replaced with the RevShift.

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    Thank you. I was thinking the stock rubber insert came out and was replaced with the RevShift.
    Nope. See how it fits right in the gap? My instructions basically say "set the RevShift block in the gap, then use your hammer as a lever to force it in."

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Thanks Fuzzy, Just finished installing my mount. wish I could say it was smooth. The drivers side RS mount went in very easy and made it difficult for the passenger then in an angle to go all the way in. After much pushing with a pry bar and blue brake grease it finally popped into place. now it shifts into reverse smooth. total time 1.5 hours using jack stands, floor jack and your four easy directions. Next project a new battery tomorrow as mine is going bad, and the RS blue MM's next week.

Phil, my stock Trans Mount looked just like yours with the big gap. Now, It's all better

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Phil, my stock Trans Mount looked just like yours with the big gap. Now, It's all better
    Glad it all worked out!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.