Stainless Works Exhaust Install - 2004 CTS-V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Stainless Works Exhaust Install - 2004 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey did you run into an issue with reinstalling the dipstick, I had to make a spacer to get it ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: Stainless Works Exhaust Install - 2004 CTS-V

Hey did you run into an issue with reinstalling the dipstick, I had to make a spacer to get it to mount up right.. it just wouldn't return to the stock position with the header flange in the way
    Yeah but I didn't use a spacer. I actually f'd up my original and bought a new one. I shaved the bracket with a dremel tool - slid right in, no issues!

Here is a link to youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9LlK...ature=youtu.be

I had to adjust the pipes one more time...the pipes were pushing against the heatshield on the driveshaft - nasty! Drove it hard for about 30 min, sounds awesome, no drone, definitely feel the headers.
    shadybx7 and shadybx7 like this.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

now that is a properly installed SW system. Mine is deffintaly not as high and tight at the elbows but i do have a 8.8 center section taking up most of the room.

hopefully SW learns their lesson and doesn't fck up the next exhaust.
    philistine and philistine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    now that is a properly installed SW system. Mine is deffintaly not as high and tight at the elbows but i do have a 8.8 center section taking up most of the room.

hopefully SW learns their lesson and doesn't fck up the next exhaust.
    Thanks! I re-adjusted the pipes from the pics, mainly for looks where the clamps are located - no biggie. I can now hear the whine from my differential, it's not bad but it's there. My buddy just installed a Kraftswerk kit in his 2006 Civic Si...we're going to the track this weekend. He's doing flat 13's dumping at 2k rpm at launch. I might be picking up pieces from my rear-end after this weekend trying to beat him.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Your buddy in the Honda running slicks? I was able to pull a 12.5 at like 114 with my old cobalt on ethanol. I wouldn't try to match that right now without some work in the rear.

The exhaust looks good by the way. I'm gonna have to do mine myself hopefully it goes smooth after yours. They are "quadruple checking" mine before it leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Your buddy in the Honda running slicks? I was able to pull a 12.5 at like 114 with my old cobalt on ethanol. I wouldn't try to match that right now without some work in the rear.
    Yeah but I don't know what brand - Just the 2 in front. I tried to dump my clutch at 2k rpm...no! I got bad wheel hop. I rode with him in the recent Auto-x event...sick fast - good driver! Just to get my dignity back...I beat him on the straight at the highway, pulled away from him but not easy. His car is so whisper quiet while mine was screaming...RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Yeah but I don't know what brand - Just the 2 in front. I tried to dump my clutch at 2k rpm...no! I got bad wheel hop. I rode with him in the recent Auto-x event...sick fast - good driver! Just to get my dignity back...I beat him on the straight at the highway, pulled away from him but not easy. His car is so whisper quiet while mine was screaming...RAWR!
    I couldn't run slicks on the cobalt. That was with Hankook rs3 tires. I plan on running the same tires on the caddy. Do you have a video of how the sw exhaust sounds? I am going totally batshit crazy waiting for mine.

I couldn't run slicks on the cobalt. That was with Hankook rs3 tires. I plan on running the same tires on the caddy. Do you have a video of how the sw exhaust sounds? I am going totally batshit crazy waiting for mine.
    I use Hankook Ventus V12. Check out #31 - there is a link to a youtube video I did at the top of the post. I had the hood open.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    I use Hankook Ventus V12. Check out #31 - there is a link to a youtube video I did at the top of the post. I had the hood open.
    That's pretty sweet... your dog kinda tripped out though. In the reflection of the car he kinda rolls up all stealth like then jumps when the car starts.

I can't wait for mine. I am gonna take it to my cousin's shop in LA to do it all. They have a lift and everything. I might weld up the slip joints as well so it doesn't leak. Not that it matters that much but it also take out any clamps rattling loose or anything.

You should check out the RS3 tires. They are way better than the V12 in my opinion. And I got about 20,000 miles out of them on my cobalt (which could basically do a burnout at 70mph on the freeway if I wanted to). They did good for me on the track days too. Never got greasy like my buddy's NT05s. Just get good predictable traction from my experience. If I get a set of aftermarket wheels though, I'm going to get the Ventus Z214 tires to throw on the stock wheels for track day appearances.

That's pretty sweet... your dog kinda tripped out though. In the reflection of the car he kinda rolls up all stealth like then jumps when the car starts.

I can't wait for mine. I am gonna take it to my cousin's shop in LA to do it all. They have a lift and everything. I might weld up the slip joints as well so it doesn't leak. Not that it matters that much but it also take out any clamps rattling loose or anything
    I'm glad you liked it...my car was so dirty but I wanted to capture it before I took it off the ramps. I think the car sounds better at the hood, my engine is stock but it sounds like there is a heavy lobe...as if a cam upgrade was in there. The exhaust really screams when you romp on it! I think it's quiet driving it around 2-2.5k rpm...no drone. The only bad thing about it is that I had to raise the suspension 1/2" cause I was getting slight scrape on speed bumps at work...passenger side lead pipe sucks and these headers are LOW!

At the last auto-x...my header wrap and new exhaust smell filled the air - she's not a lady anymore!

Sweet, well I'm lucky then, no speedbumps at work or in the neighborhood or the local stores so when I get the KWs, hopefully no scrapes. My setup should be here on the 26th so fingers crossed that there are no further delays. The only positive I have right now is that I will get a true baseline dyno in on the 30th before I install the exhaust. Then after I tune it and get it all set, I'll toss it back on the same dyno and see what kind of numbers we are looking at.

Sweet, well I'm lucky then, no speedbumps at work or in the neighborhood or the local stores so when I get the KWs, hopefully no scrapes. My setup should be here on the 26th so fingers crossed that there are no further delays. The only positive I have right now is that I will get a true baseline dyno in on the 30th before I install the exhaust. Then after I tune it and get it all set, I'll toss it back on the same dyno and see what kind of numbers we are looking at.
    That's great! I didn't get dyno before...or after, lol. It's a little farty till it warms up. I'm saving my dyno tune cause it's about $500 regardless of mods. I'm following lolly's thread on heads/cam/intake...just need those numbers and write up! I'm gonna have to drop the exhaust again cause I really want that CS rear-end mod. I got so much wheel hop dumping at 2k...yuck - that and my buddy in his Kraftswerk Civic Si is pulling my man-card at every event! I don't even want to discuss the sickly modded S2k, 2012 Mustang, 2012 Challenger - my friends are dangerous to my wallet!

Ohhh a civic... pssh I used to jack them up hard with my cobalt. They would always say "Its just a cobalt" I always have negative experiences with civic owners, about 90% of them are tools. Now S2k owners generally are pretty cool. And new mustangs are sexy. But hat challenger... Lol those things weigh as much as the USS Nimitz, and handle about the same too lol. You have nothing to.prove to them.

I'm.gonna do anti hop axles on mine first. Then next year if I have them cash I'm gonna have the stock head ported, can, and intak. We will see what it puts out. I am doing all the tuning though so all I need is a few dyno runs after its all dialed in.

Ohhh a civic... pssh I used to jack them up hard with my cobalt. They would always say "Its just a cobalt" I always have negative experiences with civic owners, about 90% of them are tools. Now S2k owners generally are pretty cool. And new mustangs are sexy. But hat challenger... Lol those things weigh as much as the USS Nimitz, and handle about the same too lol. You have nothing to.prove to them.

I'm.gonna do anti hop axles on mine first. Then next year if I have them cash I'm gonna have the stock head ported, can, and intak. We will see what it puts out. I am doing all the tuning though so all I need is a few dyno runs after its all dialed in.
    These guys I all know and hang with...we all have different rides. The civic trashed his tranny for the 4th time at the last auto-x in Huntsville, the Challenger w/whipple - exploded his rear end and damaged his tranny (while ago). The mustangs...omg so unpredictable, all over the place, we all back up when doing our "work" rounds when the mustangs get out there, scary! The S2k's...awesome, so well balanced! I ran pretty decent this last auto-x, running Hankook V12's, I was good at the slalom and handled the chicago box decent but everyone commented how slow I was at my hard turns and 180 degree turn. I made best time somewhere around 63.5ish which was consistent with the other 05' V out there. I'm gaining more confidence with the KW's...I'm so knew to this kind of sport! I did suck in a cone and just thrashed it and made a 57 DNF, lol.

I wouldn't classify a V as an auto crosser... Mine feels HUGE compared to my other cars. It would be a handfull to keep between the cones. The S2k, a miata, or MR2 would be my choice in RWD autox. All those are amazingly light and handle well.

I wouldn't classify a V as an auto crosser... Mine feels HUGE compared to my other cars. It would be a handfull to keep between the cones. The S2k, a miata, or MR2 would be my choice in RWD autox. All those are amazingly light and handle well.
    Yeah I don't plan to make the V an auto-x car, it's my daily driver. I just like testing all these mods out and learning the capabilities of the car - and what I'm capable of doing to it. I think I got my $ worth with the KW's and SW exhaust. I think I'll eventually just keep it to Barber's Motor Speedway and 1/4" mile fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.