Stainless Works Exhaust Install - 2004 CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Stainless Works Exhaust Install - 2004 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX What year? I was looking for a B7 RS4 or S4 along with the CTS-V but ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: Stainless Works Exhaust Install - 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    What year? I was looking for a B7 RS4 or S4 along with the CTS-V but they are still waaaaay expensive. I just love how that 4.2L V8 sounds with a nice exhaust.
    2013 S4...has a supercharged 3.0L V6, 333HP, 325lb-ft. She says I'm gonna scatter my rear-end all over the highway trying to keep up - ha!

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Lol she realizes that they weigh a lot and that awd system's parasitic drag is astronomical right? I was logging my buddy's Saturn Sky Red line once and came across the v8 version. He walked it hard on the freeway. Just bolt ons and tune on the sky. But the way that 4.2 sounded... ugh it made my penis move.
    philistine and philistine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    ]

i agree 100% i got under the car yesterday tried to get my :: aligned better, just want to clarify that the center resonator has to take up all the slack in the exhaust, if the inlet/outlets on the resonator are not fully "bottomed out" so the exhaust piping is almost touching the resonator, you're doing it wrong, don't give up until its bottomed out.. deal with the tips last after the resonator/midpipes are torqued down.. allowing the rear elbows to sag slightly will yield more aligned tips..

a rubber mallet is going to be your best friend.. don't pay anyone to do it, you'll get ripped off.. its time consuming to get it right
    Yeah I couldn't get both pipes in there. I tried one at a time and the driver side fitment was really good - nice height, no obstructions with the O2 ports, resonator was centered, and bottomed out in the connectors. I tried the passenger side alone - low height, resonator was twisted side-to-side and tilted upwards. Tried them both at the same time (with and without a rubber mallet) and could not get them seated in the connectors - they were either falling off the collectors (header end) or barely in the resonator sockets. Rotate too much left or right and you completely obstruct the O2 ports - doesn't matter it still didn't align trying that way.

I marked and rotated each side in small increments to find that perfect fit - no success. I feel another diatribe setting in thinking about it...

Good news from SW...they are shipping new catted pipes and trimmed elbows. I only got high level details but it seems the welds around the cats were the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Good news from SW...they are shipping new catted pipes and trimmed elbows. I only got high level details but it seems the welds around the cats were the problem.
    YAY!!!! hopefully they ship mine out post haste!

I need something to look forward to after my horrible start to the fantasy football season with Eli ****ing Manning.
    philistine and philistine like this.

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Yea, I have the catless setup and had to fight with mine as well. I wasn't smart enough to complain about the oversized elbows and ended up trimming them up myself. I love the sound of mine and hopefully you will too

Lit4luck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts v
    Quote Originally Posted by philistine

2013 S4...has a supercharged 3.0L V6, 333HP, 325lb-ft. She says I'm gonna scatter my rear-end all over the highway trying to keep up - ha!
    well good thing it will have a warranty those fancy v dubs are always getting worked on. I agree thou they should have stuck with the 4.2

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

hope this gets resolved. also wondering how well the tips will align up

Got the refitted cat-pipe leads and elbows over the weekend from SW. Just started the alignment tonight - the leads go into the resonator...finally! It is still a wrestling match though. I have the driver side completed and will finish the passenger side tomorrow. I had to trim 1" off the driver side elbow - SW warned me they left a little just in case. The passenger side looks like I will have to trim 1.25 - 1.50". I hope to have it all done and fired up by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest...wife is out of town and I'm on kid duty. I've been waiting 3 weeks so a few more days...WTH.

Yay a I'm glad it fits. Hopefully mine will too.

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yay a I'm glad it fits. Hopefully mine will too.
    I think you will be in good shape. Hopefully SW is looking more carefully with their product out the door. The little bend they put in the passenger side cat pipe made all the difference. An exhaust shop would have no problems with installation. I had to cut 1.5" off the passenger side elbow and got a good fit. If I really wanted to be picky, I could cut 0.5" off the passenger side long pipe and get it perfect wrapping around the differential but I'm saving that if/when I need a new rear-end. The alignment came in really good - satisfied so far.

I'll take some final pics of the install and share them once everything checks out. I'm hunting around for a tune with this one little mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Lit4luck View Post
    well good thing it will have a warranty those fancy v dubs are always getting worked on. I agree thou they should have stuck with the 4.2
    My wife doesn't know the difference between mods and repairs. As far as she is concerned, the "V" is constantly broken

Holy F...smoke everywhere! Im taking it the track this weekend, we'll see how it does. I'll take some pics while it's still on ramps and share.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Holy F...smoke everywhere! Im taking it the track this weekend, we'll see how it does. I'll take some pics while it's still on ramps and share.
    Hey did you run into an issue with reinstalling the dipstick, I had to make a spacer to get it to mount up right.. it just wouldn't return to the stock position with the header flange in the way

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

My wife doesn't know the difference between mods and repairs. As far as she is concerned, the "V" is constantly broken
    I kind of intentionally blur the two. Gotta replace the motor mounts and oops new headers...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.