OT: VIR 24 Chumpcar Report - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, OT: VIR 24 Chumpcar Report in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So what you are saying is that we need to find one of these: 33285087-623x415.jpg As the next chump car ...
    rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: OT: VIR 24 Chumpcar Report

So what you are saying is that we need to find one of these:

33285087-623x415.jpg

As the next chump car ?

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    So what you are saying is that we need to find one of these:

Attachment 97002

As the next chump car ?
    heh, that would be crazy. Issues with that car though:

1) Would immediately get T-Boned by the "Don't bring a cheater car' Crew (and they'd be right)
    2) I be a V2 would get about 6 mpg. Youd have to refuel every hour.
    3) Super charger go boom (but not before diff go boom.)
    4) I love my V's but no change they go a full 24 hours without a major budget.

Anyway I know you were just joking

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Video link didn;t work, so going to re-imbed.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq

Just to keep the idea going

So I see your first two points, although I would guess the advantage on the track would outweigh item #2, and I would think a good safety choice would be a huge fuel cell in the rear

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    3) Super charger go boom (but not before diff go boom.)
    4) I love my V's but no change they go a full 24 hours without a major budget.
    -Chris
    You really think the V2 couldn't handle 24 hours ?

Just to keep the idea going

So I see your first two points, although I would guess the advantage on the track would outweigh item #2, and I would think a good safety choice would be a huge fuel cell in the rear

You really think the V2 couldn't handle 24 hours ?
    Certainly not without a diff and oil cooler. I bet the wheels would fall off as well. The wheels on my V2 click so bad is sounds like a huffy with a basball card in the spokes.

-Chris

Just solidified our 'for sure' 2013 schedule:

30 March / VIR / South Course 10-Hr
    - NOTE: Easter weekend
    - NOTE: We are renting a trackside villa, and plan to have a nice party after the race (race is sat from 8-6pm)

26 May / Daytona International / 14-Hr
    - NOTE: Memorial Day weekend
    - NOTE: running rolex course. probabaly won't be supper exciting in a crap can, but hey IT'S DAYTONA!
    - NOTE: We plan to bucket-list this one this year, and unless it is amazing, we will probabaly cross off our list in the future. This made the cut for us over Watkins Glenn, which we will probabaly do next year.

9-11 August / VIR / Grand Course 24-Hr
    - NOTE: This is our premeir race. 24 hours of insanity!

7-8 December / VIR / North Course Double-7
    - NOTE: 3rd tip to VIR. WOOT!

Anyone else running any chumpcar this year?

-Chris

Any major updates to the car for '13 ?

Any major updates to the car for '13 ?
    Not really.

Just some stuff to comply with13 rule changes.

- we have to slightly modify our drivers side window net
    - add the new illuminated number panels on the doors
    - add projector housings for our hids

We are also slightly modifying our fuel filler neck to work with the fast fill tuff jugs, and probably putting in a small fuel catch tank to prevent fuel starvation when the tank is low near the end of a 2 hour stint on long right hand sweepers (i.e. turn 1 at vir).

Aside from that we should be pretty good. Ive been concentrating really hard on getting lock solid AIV for the car so we take less (or no) penalty laps for the few mods we have on the car.

-Chris

Woot. Came in 10th at VIR south (out of 64), last weekend. 2nd race, first top 10.

Net up is Daytona 14 hour memorial day weekend. Anyone want to come out and help crew?

-Chris

Daytona eh ?

Nice job on the 10th place.

Daytona eh ?

Nice job on the 10th place.
    Ya the international course (same one they run for the 24 hour). Not sure what our crap can's are gonna do on 2 miles of 31 degree banking. Still definately a bucket-list course. We chose to go there over Watkins Glen (they are racing there this commming weekend). Unless the racing is just amazing, I expect this will be a one time trip, being replaced by WG next year.

Seriously though, if anyone wants to come out and crew, we'd love the company/help.

We also have the VIR 24 hour slated for mid August, and another race in DEC at VIR (north course). ChumpCar is da bomba!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    31 degree banking.
    You HAVE to get a protractor and plumb-bob into some on board video

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I might be able to help out for the VIR events, as I'm in Norfolk.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I might be able to help out for the VIR events, as I'm in Norfolk.
    We can always use help .

The short events are easier to do ourselves, but the 24 hour is a B!tch.

-Chris

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Awesome job on top 10! GL the rest of the races.

I cant wait to have a track/race car rather than tracking my daily.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.