Monster. Pitch sale or coupon code?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Monster. Pitch sale or coupon code? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Looking to buy a level 2 monster setup for my car, just wondering if anyone knew of a sale or ...
    Sweetwilliebrownjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-V

Monster. Pitch sale or coupon code?

Looking to buy a level 2 monster setup for my car, just wondering if anyone knew of a sale or coupon code to help a brother out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: Monster. Pitch sale or coupon code?

buy an ls7 clutch instead. There's your coupon.... you're welcome

Steve@SNL/Monster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Dont buy a LS7. I can't tell you how many customers we have sold clutches to that replace the "almighty Ls7" with our units. If you want to buy one clutch and do the labor 1 time. Buy a quality unit. Pm me for pricing or details.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

Also, I believe our distributor Colorado Speed is running a sale if you want to get one.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

Got me one from Colorado speed. I've only made it 100 miles of the break in, but let me say, this thing drives the way it should have from the factory now. Night and day difference, and the pedal doesn't feel any stiffer to me. Revs and downshifting are smooth now, as well as take offs. An ls7 clutch could be better, I haven't tried one, but I can't see it.

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@SNL/Monster View Post
    Dont buy a LS7. I can't tell you how many customers we have sold clutches to that replace the "almighty Ls7" with our units. If you want to buy one clutch and do the labor 1 time. Buy a quality unit. Pm me for pricing or details.
    if the ls7 clutch is so bad why is everbody running them, lots of guys love them, and they hold up great.
    i will be runnin a ls7, if they hold up in a ls7 z06 that meets my requirments for my v.
    i seem to recal lots of guys complaing with the monster clutches, maybe they are improve now i dont know.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I'm running a ls7 and I have Maggie. No slipping, works great.

Claimslngr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' cts-v infrared

You can buy the stage 3 that I carry around in my trunk to show everyone at car shows how bad it is. For a reliable clutch I would go with the LS7. If you have tremendous amounts of power then dig around and find a twin-disc.
    One other thing, your customer service line to remember from Monster is "Just bleed it again, you didn't do it right"

Good Luck
    shadybx7 and shadybx7 like this.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

LS7 here on a Maggied V. No problems at all.

ASE master tech. They're gonna have a hard time telling me I did it wrong. I'll punch em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliebrownjr View Post
    ASE master tech. They're gonna have a hard time telling me I did it wrong. I'll punch em in the mouth.
    That's what they told mine, until he told them their plate was warped, then they told him that again until he figured out they had the wrong spacing, then they told him again when it wouldn't release, then they told him that when they wouldn't take it back when I replaced it with a twin-disc. So good luck with the punching thing.
    As I said, go with the LS7 or a different company!

Good luck!

Well, obviously the punching thing was a joke, but I don't foresee any problems with the clutch other than maybe ripping the rear end out from under the car. It fully engages, and fully disengages. The pedal is about where it oughta be, and not a bit of chatter. There's apparently been some issues between some of you guys and monster. There are lots of reasons why you could have problems with one. The product itself is prolly the least likely. I'm not taking monster's side, I've just seen a lot of botched installs by people who called themselves professionals.

Good luck man, I missed that you had already bought it. I will let it die, but as a note to Monster this would have been a lot easier if they had just admitted their problem and bought it back.

Glad it worked for you!

Quote Originally Posted by 2007ThunderV View Post
    if the ls7 clutch is so bad why is everbody running them, lots of guys love them, and they hold up great.
    i will be runnin a ls7, if they hold up in a ls7 z06 that meets my requirments for my v.
    i seem to recal lots of guys complaing with the monster clutches, maybe they are improve now i dont know.
    The LS7's slip in stock C6Z's that weigh a hell of a lot less than your CTSV. If the LS7 is what you want, more than likely we won't change your mind. We have plate load numbers and friction numbers that say the LS7 is nothing more than what it is, a stock clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliebrownjr View Post
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Claimslngr View Post
    You can buy the stage 3 that I carry around in my trunk to show everyone at car shows how bad it is. For a reliable clutch I would go with the LS7. If you have tremendous amounts of power then dig around and find a twin-disc.
    One other thing, your customer service line to remember from Monster is "Just bleed it again, you didn't do it right"

Good Luck
    That's what they told mine, until he told them their plate was warped, then they told him that again until he figured out they had the wrong spacing, then they told him again when it wouldn't release, then they told him that when they wouldn't take it back when I replaced it with a twin-disc. So good luck with the punching thing.
    As I said, go with the LS7 or a different company!

Good luck!
    Good luck man, I missed that you had already bought it. I will let it die, but as a note to Monster this would have been a lot easier if they had just admitted their problem and bought it back.

Glad it worked for you!
    I'd like your name so I can review our conversation, the customer service you state you received isn't the norm from my company.

And a note to the lack of bleeding comment, we work with what we're told and you have to realize that most rebuttals we get are "I'm ASE certified" or "I've worked for GM for 20+ years". Until we get something here all we can do is speculate. Just because someone says they've worked for GM for 20+ years or say they are ASE certified means little to nothing to us, anyone can make a mistake, us included. We're all human here.

I stand behind our product more than any other single clutch manufacturer in the world. We changed the way the industry as a whole views warranties and for someone to say what you're stating is a little unsettling to me.

Get me your name so I can see both sides of this story.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com

Whooooo hooooo! I like dem shits! If you're ASE certified, youve already made the mistake of taking on a ridiculously technical, underpaying job. Other than that though, I've never made a mistake! Lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.