KW Install - 2004 CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KW Install - 2004 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Do you plan on lowering more or raising it back up? In the front I'm at 13.25" and it looks ...
    philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Re: KW Install - 2004 CTS-V

Do you plan on lowering more or raising it back up?
    In the front I'm at 13.25" and it looks really good but it's out of specs according to KW. I'm going to increase the front to the minimum 13.4". In the rears, I want 0.25-0.5" higher than the front.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

If you want to email me the pics I can host them on my primitive website along with my own KW install pics. I'll shoot you a PM.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Good write up!

If you want to email me the pics I can host them on my primitive website along with my own KW install pics. I'll shoot you a PM.
    Sure that's a good idea...spread the word so others can benefit

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

I don't want to start a whole new thread about this question and it seems like this is a decent place to ask...

Will the H&R kit work with the stock shocks? It seems like some kits are not compatible with the auto level rears or something. Help me out here if I am mistaken about it. Which shocks are best for the H&Rs? I might do a set now while I wait for tax returns next year to purchase the KW V3s.

Will the H&R kit work with the stock shocks?
    Yes but it is important to adjust the height of the stock shocks. The spring and dampener (shock) are designed for a certain travel - to be critically damped. Replace springs for a lower ride height without adjusting the dampening length (it now has less travel) could leave your system under-damped.

Ahhh I see. Are the shocks adjustable from the exterior of the body or does it need to be taken down to be revalved and rebuilt? I haven't really looked at the shocks and stuff yet. Been too busy with a new baby.

Are the shocks adjustable from the exterior of the body or does it need to be taken down to be revalved and rebuilt?
    Take a look at step 3 I wrote up for the rears. That is how you keep the dampener at the proper travel with the H&R springs. My car came with this set-up and I have no idea if H&R includes them with purchase.

Sweet, thanks. I'll take a look in the morning. I saw some H&Rs on Tire Rack for like $270, might as well lower this thing for that price, there isn't much of a reason not to.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Ahhh I see. Are the shocks adjustable from the exterior of the body or does it need to be taken down to be revalved and rebuilt? I haven't really looked at the shocks and stuff yet. Been too busy with a new baby.
    Sweet, thanks. I'll take a look in the morning. I saw some H&Rs on Tire Rack for like $270, might as well lower this thing for that price, there isn't much of a reason not to.
    The H&R springs do NOT come with the spacers. Search for MightyMouse or MM spacers. MightyMouse is a forum member that started making and selling the parts that you need to get the rear shocks to work with lowering springs. The parts move the top shock mount up to account for the lower ride height.

Congratulations on the baby!

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Yeah, those five bolts on top of the shock towers are very easy to shear under torque. If you make a habit of switching suspension components out with any regularity, it'd be prudent to keep a couple of those bolts on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    The H&R springs do NOT come with the spacers. Search for MightyMouse or MM spacers. MightyMouse is a forum member that started making and selling the parts that you need to get the rear shocks to work with lowering springs. The parts move the top shock mount up to account for the lower ride height.

Congratulations on the baby!
    Thanks for the info. I looked him up but I'm thinking I will just wait til next year for some KW v3 coils. But only time will tell lol. I may get impatient and just pop for some H&Rs. I have car ADD

Thanks for the info. I looked him up but I'm thinking I will just wait til next year for some KW v3 coils. But only time will tell lol. I may get impatient and just pop for some H&Rs. I have car ADD
    Either way it is great. If you want looks, get the H&R. I thought the car rode very well with them. The KWs (from my experience) will give you performance and looks. If it were me (which is exactly what happened), get the H&Rs to satisfy the appetite for looks then decide afterwards if you want a performance suspension. For me, it is a Cadillac and a daily driver so I wanted some refinement and looks. So few cars are worthy of KWs, this one being a Cadillac and a "V" made the decision easy for me. FYI...I paid just under $2k for the KWs shipped.

First time ever racing (ALSCCA)...and at one of those parking lot make-shift race tracks - lots of cornering! The best time in my class was 35.345 (professional driver), I managed 44.474-DNF (yeah, I sucked). It was fun to see all those mods at work and also a bucket of humility. I got a lot of tips on driving and praises with the KW's...biggest thing was I wouldn't let it loose around those tight turns. I didn't know you needed a helmet but they were nice enough to lend me the Luke Skywalker X-wing special - ugghh!

Anyway, just wanted to post a follow-up of my first racing experience - you can throw KW's on a caddy but you gotta know how to use em

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black
    Good write up. If I go with KWs I will definitely look this up, subscribed.
    +1

cool write up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.