$hit just got real! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, $hit just got real! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I sent you the fuel rail spacers on Friday. You should have them on Monday at the latest. They are ...
    PISNUOFF Guest

Re: $hit just got real!

I sent you the fuel rail spacers on Friday. You should have them on Monday at the latest. They are 0.400" thick. Summit has the pushrods for about the same price and they always have them in stock. I was just there today picking up some stuff for a gen1 383 stroker I'm working on.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I sent you the fuel rail spacers on Friday. You should have them on Monday at the latest. They are 0.400" thick. Summit has the pushrods for about the same price and they always have them in stock. I was just there today picking up some stuff for a gen1 383 stroker I'm working on.
    Thanks boss!!

Pushrods finally came in last night......they look awesome....too bad nobody will ever see them

So what do I do with the Coolant Crossover tube now? Rebend to fit around the Fast 102 or cap those coolant passages off? Where does the rubber hose connect to if it's reused?

Since I don't have photoshop at work....here's the part I'm talking about:

Also, does the hose from the valley cover connect to the port on the side of the Fast Intake?

Sorry for the dumb questions!

Anyways....since the UPS man didn't come until about 6pm, I decided to throw the pushrods in right then. Got the Yella Terras in, torqued, turned the motor manually and made sure they didn't hit the valve covers, (I had to freeze the new valve cover gaskets to make them fit) got valve covers on, and threw the water pump on, and connected all the stuff to the intake including fuel rail and injectors. I haven't buttoned down the Fast 102 yet, because I want to make sure everything is hooked up right. Finally getting somewhere............

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Pushrods finally came in last night......they look awesome....too bad nobody will ever see them

So what do I do with the Coolant Crossover tube now? Rebend to fit around the Fast 102 or cap those coolant passages off? Where does the rubber hose connect to if it's reused?
    Since I don't have photoshop at work....here's the part I'm talking about:
    Also, does the hose from the valley cover connect to the port on the side of the Fast Intake?

Sorry for the dumb questions!
    No one will ever see the Mantons, but you have. I suspect now you'll not want to use any other kind.

The Coolant Crossover tube connects to the T-fitting on the small tubing system that is on top of the radiator. The throttlebody is simply by-passed.

The hose coming from the valley cover goes to the input fitting on the intake manifold, unless you have an Oil Catch Can. An Oil Catch Can would "interrupt" or go between the Valley cover and the intake manifold connection.

The tube that connects to the passenger side valve cover runs to an input fitting on the intake tube upstream of the throttle body. An LS6 does not have one of these from the factory and you may need to fabricate one.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ir-intake.html

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    No one will ever see the Mantons, but you have. I suspect now you'll not want to use any other kind.

The Coolant Crossover tube connects to the T-fitting on the small tubing system that is on top of the radiator. The throttlebody is simply by-passed.

The hose coming from the valley cover goes to the input fitting on the intake manifold, unless you have an Oil Catch Can. An Oil Catch Can would "interrupt" or go between the Valley cover and the intake manifold connection.

The tube that connects to the passenger side valve cover runs to an input fitting on the intake tube upstream of the throttle body. An LS6 does not have one of these from the factory and you may need to fabricate one.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ir-intake.html
    So I'll just have to bend the coolant cross over line around the Fast 102 until I make it fit correctly.....right?

Thank you as always Sir. I did get the Elite Engineering Catch (with the $$ I saved on the lifters) so I'll be adding that to the equation.

And yes, the Mantons are pure gold.....especially for the price!

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    So I'll just have to bend the coolant cross over line around the Fast 102 until I make it fit correctly.....right?
    Since I no longer have the stock LS6 plumbing I am relying on recollection. I believe your current set up (stock LS6) has one coolant hose coming from the steam tube to one side of the throttlebody; and another coolant hose coming from the T-fitting on the radiator to the other side of the throttle body. With the new setup, the throttlebody is omitted such that the only coolant tube runs from the steam tube to the T-fitting on the radiator. (If I have misremembered the stock configuration, let me know.)

Since I no longer have the stock LS6 plumbing I am relying on recollection. I believe your current set up (stock LS6) has one coolant hose coming from the steam tube to one side of the throttlebody; and another coolant hose coming from the T-fitting on the radiator to the other side of the throttle body. With the new setup, the throttlebody is omitted such that the only coolant tube runs from the steam tube to the T-fitting on the radiator. (If I have misremembered the stock configuration, let me know.)
    Steam tube? Is that the one coming from the valve cover?

What size coolant bypass coupler (or barbed brass tube) am I going to need?

Steam tube? Is that the one coming from the valve cover?

What size coolant bypass coupler (or barbed brass tube) am I going to need?

The steamtube is that part shown in your picture that runs from between the heads on the front of the engine and has a rubber tube T'd to it.

The tube that runs from the valley cover to the intake (the new barb) is 11/32 (3/8 will work).

The steamtube is that part shown in your picture that runs from between the heads on the front of the engine and has a rubber tube T'd to it.

The tube that runs from the valley cover to the intake (the new barb) is 11/32 (3/8 will work).
    Gotcha. Thanks boss!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Darkman absolutely makes half this site happen , maybe more than half.
    JimmyH and JimmyH like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

As usual, yes your memory serves you correctly.

Lollygagger: Bend that steam crossover line to fit (or you can get fancy and get the -3 AN steam blocks that bolt to the heads and make a braided line to fit) then route the rubber line from the "T" to the nipple on the radiator. From the factory the rubber line from that steam "T" would go to the TB then from the TB to the Radiator.

PISNUOFF Guest

Or buy an LS2 crossover pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
    As usual, yes your memory serves you correctly.

Lollygagger: Bend that steam crossover line to fit (or you can get fancy and get the -3 AN steam blocks that bolt to the heads and make a braided line to fit) then route the rubber line from the "T" to the nipple on the radiator. From the factory the rubber line from that steam "T" would go to the TB then from the TB to the Radiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Or buy an LS2 crossover pipe?
    Now, I am confused. On mine, the the T-connect on the LS6 Steam Tube lines up nicely with the T-Connect on the rubber/plastic plumbing on top of the radiator. I may have reconfigured (cannot recall) the plumbing on top of the radiator but I did not have to bend or replace the metal Steam Tube.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.