$hit just got real! - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, $hit just got real! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My guy at my local speed shop told me to switch the oil can connections opposite of each other. Like ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: $hit just got real!

My guy at my local speed shop told me to switch the oil can connections opposite of each other. Like top oil catch can inlet to intake, and lower catch can inlet to valley cover.

Do you guys agree?

[/QUOTE]

PISNUOFF Guest

No. You have it correct. 'Dirty' air into the media first then the droplets fall to the bottom of the can and 'clean' air travels up and around the inner tube to the outlet. The other direction leaves open the opportunity for the droplets to form on the media and continue to be pulled up and out the top fitting and into the intake manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    No. You have it correct. 'Dirty' air into the media first then the droplets fall to the bottom of the can and 'clean' air travels up and around the inner tube to the outlet. The other direction leaves open the opportunity for the droplets to form on the media and continue to be pulled up and out the top fitting and into the intake manifold.
    Ok thanks Boss. Just checking.

I'm installing a 160* t-stat tonight (which I should've done when I had it all apart the first time around) changing oil, and checking header bolts and balancer bolt.....just to be safe

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

I'll be keeping this for future reference. Thanks darkman

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

You should print those instructions out and give them to your local speed shop.

I have those instructions, as they came with my Elite Engineering Catch Can.

I must be reading them wrong, as I think they say the valley cover goes to the top connection of the catch can.

PISNUOFF Guest

It does. And that's how you have it hooked up.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

The picture you have above is plumbed correctly.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Very interested in this set-up. Just curious of the cost and power gains. I have 70k miles on the engine and want to cure my fears of a ticking lifter (I also snapped off a header bolt and really bothers me). Looking forward to your write-up. Any good rebuild/installation references to share...videos, manual, required tooling would be helpful. I contacted a local speed shop that quoted $2500 labor for an entire rebuild/installation if I dropped off parts - I might be able to squeeze in a discount on a tune. I'm handy with a wrench as long as I have good references/guidelines...looking to save a little coin to drop it on a good rear-end. Like what you done so far...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Very interested in this set-up. Just curious of the cost and power gains. I have 70k miles on the engine and want to cure my fears of a ticking lifter (I also snapped off a header bolt and really bothers me). Looking forward to your write-up. Any good rebuild/installation references to share...videos, manual, required tooling would be helpful. I contacted a local speed shop that quoted $2500 labor for an entire rebuild/installation if I dropped off parts - I might be able to squeeze in a discount on a tune. I'm handy with a wrench as long as I have good references/guidelines...looking to save a little coin to drop it on a good rear-end. Like what you done so far...Thanks!
    You should be able to do this no problem if you are handy with a wrench. I've replaced a few engines in my day, and this wasn't actually that bad at all. I took my time, and made sure I triple checked everything, and it all worked out just fine. I like working on a vehicle that all the bolts aren't rusted to $hit, and aren't hard to remove

I'm working on the humongo writeup now. I get bored typing all this garbage, but I'm nearing the end of it finally.....I think.
    philistine and philistine like this.

PISNUOFF Guest

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

i used that ls book for my build, great info, very good manual to have

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2007ThunderV View Post
    i used that ls book for my build, great info, very good manual to have
    Bought it...just emptied my Amazon shopping cart

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

good stuff, i actually just bough another one to have to read in the house, my orignal is coverd in oil from having it in the garage while i was tearing the motor down.
    i am hooked on ls motors, iam currently looking for a c-10 project truck and i plan to do a lsx drive train.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.