$hit just got real! - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, $hit just got real! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by joeybutts Reading this thread and watching that after install vid was probably the dumbest thing I could ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: $hit just got real!

Quote Originally Posted by joeybutts View Post
    Reading this thread and watching that after install vid was probably the dumbest thing I could have done. OMG I want one right now.

Awesome install and log lolly and congrats. Mind me asking total bill on full upgrade? Or pm to me?
    Yes.....you do want one. It must be done.

I'm working on a writeup and going through and photshopping the a$$load of pics I took. I'll include prices in that so there's no confusion. It was salty, but Mamo @ AFR knows his $hit and you pay for it.

Pho_phizzat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice job!
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Typically when I tune a car it will be some on the street and some on the dyno. Get the fueling and WOT taken car of on the dyno so I don't have to get arrested and can gauge the gains I am getting with timing and fuel changes. Then get the idle straightened out and take the car on the road to iron out cruise/low/part throttle for real world driveability.

Ultimately I wouldn't recommend one or the other, I recommend both to get the most power and the best driveability.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
    Typically when I tune a car it will be some on the street and some on the dyno. Get the fueling and WOT taken car of on the dyno so I don't have to get arrested and can gauge the gains I am getting with timing and fuel changes. Then get the idle straightened out and take the car on the road to iron out cruise/low/part throttle for real world driveability.

Ultimately I wouldn't recommend one or the other, I recommend both to get the most power and the best driveability.
    Sunuva....maybe I'll have to do both now.

$$$$$

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

This is getting confusing.

As far as I am concerned there is only one kind of tune. Once in tune, the car has its best idle, its best low-moderate speed behavior, and its best full throttle, high-rpm performance (subject to being reliable.)

There are however, two common methods for putting the engine through its paces for logging data and testing - one is by driving on the street, and the other is by operating the car on a dyno.

Any tuning that can be done on the street can also be done on the dyno - and vice versa. There are advantages to using street driving for some parts of the tune and using the dyno for other parts of the tune, but after all is said and done it is either "in tune" or it ain't.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Sunuva....maybe I'll have to do both now.

$$$$$
    You shouldn't have to spend extra money. If you take it to a reputable shop the tune should be dialed in really good. There is a local shop to me here that will dyno tune it then take it onto the street and make sure its daily drive-able. It's just to dial it in at part throttle and stuff.

My tuner is legit. He's the head tuner at a very reputable shop.

I'll just keep the street tune and hit up the dyno.....hopefully soon.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Any tuning that can be done on the street can also be done on the dyno - and vice versa.
    This is a first... I have to disagree... with only this part of your statement though.

Most things can be done either way, but you will never get the vehicle "in-tune" on just one or the other. You can get it dam close, especially if you are very experienced, but not as good as it could be. On a dyno, even a steady state dyno, you won't be able to duplicate all driveability aspects of the road.

On the street you will never be able to get the max power out of the vehicle, you can tune to the max timing with no knock, but you won't know if that makes the most power or not. Same with fueling.

I do sometimes do a "street Tune" for a mild modified vehicles that aren't as concerned with every last HP, but are concerned about their wallets (dyno time costs $$).
    It all comes down to what you want and how much you are wanting to spend, but to get it juuuuuust right you really need both.

My buddy with a 93 Mustang (H/C 306) and I went tearing up the streets on Friday night and took some videos. Plus somebody asked for a video of the Forgestars in motion....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1N33Vf81M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxnGK...1&feature=plcp

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

That thing sounds better than sex

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    That thing sounds better than sex
    Hahhaha thanks

Ok, so I want to replace the fuel line (silver line) to a flexible or non-molded fuel line. This molded piece of crap is in the way of me putting my drivers side FRC on, and I need to be able to move it. Where can I get Fuel Line at with the correct fittings? And will I have to know exactly the length I need?

Ok, so I want to replace the fuel line (silver line above my finger that has brackets attached to it) to a flexible or non-molded fuel line. This molded piece of crap is in the way of me putting my drivers side FRC on, and I need to be able to move it. Where can I get a flexible/non-molded Fuel Line at with the correct fittings? And will I have to know exactly the length I need?

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Hop on summit and build yourself an AN line. Stock line is -6an (3/8"), so just get the GM quick disconnect fittings, 2 -6an straight fittings, and a length of braided hose. The summit branded stuff is actually really nice for the money. They are pretty easy to assemble if you have an abrasive cutoff wheel of some kind. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to make that hose.

Thanks Killer.

I'm going to my speed shop (local) and they sell it by the foot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.