What does the LS7 clutch feel like?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, What does the LS7 clutch feel like? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just bought a 2005 V 3 weeks ago. It has a Maggie Supercharger and aftermarket shifter. So far I ...
    QwkRhino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

What does the LS7 clutch feel like?

I just bought a 2005 V 3 weeks ago. It has a Maggie Supercharger and aftermarket shifter. So far I love the car but finding it hard to drive it smooth when just cruzing. Kind jerky down shifting and I'm feeling like I really have to think about driving it smoothly. Yet the motor feels to have a great power band. Thinking it has to be the clutch my old 95 Z28 drove a lot smoother.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Will this mod help driveability ? Will it work with the Maggie supercharger?

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Re: What does the LS7 clutch feel like?

When you down shift, do you rev match? If not, start and it will be much smoother, but to answer your question. The biggest difference I felt when I put in my LS7 is faster revs, that help with quick rev matches and heal toe shifts. Also, no clunky up front, but still clunky in rear. Now that I have my 8.8 in. No clunky at all.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

check the motor mounts and differential mounts. you may need new ones.

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

LS7 clutch was the best mod I have made to my car. The CS 8.8 makes it feel bullet-proof but the LS7 clutch makes it feel like a race(ier) car. Plus the turd seems to cause strange problems as it ages making the relatively cheap LS7 an even better upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    check the motor mounts and differential mounts. you may need new ones.
    Thanks everything stills feels and looks good with the all the mounts. I was just wondering it the LS7 clutch makes the car any easier to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by QwkRhino View Post
    Thanks everything stills feels and looks good with the all the mounts. I was just wondering it the LS7 clutch makes the car any easier to drive?
    The LS7 with the steel flywheel should have better driveability. That said with your maggie I'd consider an ls9x clutch

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Due to all the rubber in the drive train, these cars are harder than most to drive 'smooth', unless you are *really* trying hard and babying them.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

With a supercharger you're probably better of going with a clutch designed for more power.

This car is almost 1000lbs more than the corvette it was intended for. The lS9x clutch is a good suggestion.

I'd hate to see you get 20k miles out of an LS7 clutch and have to buy one all over again.

PISNUOFF Guest

I'd hate to see you explode the straps on three different LS9 pressure plates. Go with a strapless dual disc clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I'd hate to see you explode the straps on three different LS9 pressure plates. Go with a strapless dual disc clutch.
    What are you running now?

NickL84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V

Quote Originally Posted by soulja View Post
    When you down shift, do you rev match? If not, start and it will be much smoother, but to answer your question. The biggest difference I felt when I put in my LS7 is faster revs, that help with quick rev matches and heal toe shifts. Also, no clunky up front, but still clunky in rear. Now that I have my 8.8 in. No clunky at all.
    Soulja, what did you use for an 8.8 swap? Creative Steel or piece one together yourself?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.