Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by PISNUOFF Yes. Mine did that (actually a lot worse) and is now tighter than a gnat's ass. ...
    DaveSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
    Yes. Mine did that (actually a lot worse) and is now tighter than a gnat's ass.
    Great. Should i get the CS one or RevShift? Also how do i get one of your shifters?

PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial

I can't comment on the choice between the two mounts. Here is a link to the ordering thread for my shifters.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...g-process.html

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

I had both motor mounts in my car. I bought the Revshift motor mounts and tranny mount. I didn't know the CS motor mounts were in there - bought the car that way and never inspected. I don't notice any difference between the two different motor mounts and the CS mounts are in perfect condition - perhaps 10k miles at most on them. I have headers now so of course the vibrations have increased but other than that...I'm not taking out the Revshift motor mounts cause they are doing their job. I only replaced the motor mounts cause I saw dried fluid all over where the motor mounts were - I thought the stockers were damaged. Turns out it was just poor house keeping by the previous owner - oh well.

Btw, the tranny mount is awesome - very slick design!

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

If you want to sell your old CS mounts, give me a yell.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    If you want to sell your old CS mounts, give me a yell.
    Your inbox is full.

----------

I can't comment on the choice between the two mounts. Here is a link to the ordering thread for my shifters
    I have a Katech short throw shifter with UUC shifter bushings. I don't know what happened but lately 3rd gear is tricky and quite sloppy (difficult). I don't like it. Is this something you can work with? It's not stock. This gear box is quite a POS, glad you are enhancing it!

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Your inbox is full.
    Sorry, fixed. Curse this site's tiny little PM limit.

PISNUOFF Guest

You can take the bottom bolt out of the shifter and check the nylon bushings. If they are broken or worn out, I have replacement Delrin ones. I would take the shifter boot and knob off and make sure all the other bolts are tight. Especially the two at the front that connect to the outer linkage bars.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    You can take the bottom bolt out of the shifter and check the nylon bushings. If they are broken or worn out, I have replacement Delrin ones. I would take the shifter boot and knob off and make sure all the other bolts are tight. Especially the two at the front that connect to the outer linkage bars.
    You have Delrin replacements? Sign me up! I've got a rollerbearing assembly from azn2dmax (pictured below), but installing it would require me to drill out my Katech shifter to 11/16". Speaking of which, have you installed the brass T56 shifter cup bushing, and if so, what's your opinion on it? Worth the trouble?

cincyenginerd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Installed the Revshift mounts today with a friend of mine and a 12-pack of Bud Light. I had no idea that my stock mounts with the juicy filling were in such rough shape -- the passenger side mount decided to spew its contents when my friend was removing it, and the driver's side mount was well on its way to completely falling apart.

Install took about 4 1/2 hours with two people working on it. We just jacked the front of the car up, no lift, but a lift would definitely helped get some of the more stubborn bolts.

Some of my findings about the install:
    - Make sure you have good lighting. The bolts are all visible, but hard to see if it's dark.
    - Be sure to have long enough ratchet extensions. A few bolts are easiest to get to if you have a lonnng (1 or 1.5 foot) extensions.
    - A universal joint ratchet coupler. A couple bolts I found to be awkward to get directly at, having a u-joint helps.
    - Patience. Getting the bolts out isn't *too* hard, but getting the assembly out once the bolts are out is a pain in the butt.
    - Getting the mounts OUT: Once all bolts were out, I wiggled it until I could remove the bottom bracket while it was still lodged in its area on the car. Then I removed the other bracket with the liquid mounts.
    - Getting the mounts IN: I installed the mounts the opposite way -- I bolted the new mounts onto the upper brackets first, then got them into position on the car. Then I wiggled the lower bracket in and assembled it to the mount. This is more of a pain than bolting everything together outside the car, but it's easier to re-install. Then I finger-tightened down the upper bracket first, then the lower bracket, then lowered the engine back down before re-tightening everything.

Results?

The hard starts are gone, and the car is overall much more smooth. My mounts were so shot, that any kind of solid mount would be a big improvement, but so far, the Revshifts are fantastic.
    Revshift and Revshift like this.

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

I vote for Revshift, just because they are blue.

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

I just installed revshift reds and they are awesome. Only my driver side mount was busted but it is a world of a difference in feel. There is slight vibration over stock but bearable IMO. It could just be that I drove around with the busted mount for a bit and got used to it but I love my car even more with these things installed

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

I just tried to install my new mounts and couldn't--some of the bolts and studs appear seized. Anyone know a good shop in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to do this for me? I left my compressor and 'real' tools 600 miles away.

The driver's side mount is just a bitch. The top left on the engine especially. It's stuck hard.

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by fre1102 View Post
    I just tried to install my new mounts and couldn't--some of the bolts and studs appear seized. Anyone know a good shop in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale to do this for me? I left my compressor and 'real' tools 600 miles away.

The driver's side mount is just a bitch. The top left on the engine especially. It's stuck hard.
    Where are you located? If you're attempting the bolts accessible from the underside, those aren't meant to be removed. I'm in Miami myself and may be able to lend you a hand.

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl View Post
    Where are you located? If you're attempting the bolts accessible from the underside, those aren't meant to be removed. I'm in Miami myself and may be able to lend you a hand.
    I'm in Coral Gables, but the car is at my brother's in Boynton Beach right now--nowhere else to work on it. I'm talking about the mount-to-block 15mm bolts now. I got the other ones off.

How are you meant to remove the inner-most bolt on the mount-to-frame connection? There's literally no way I could see to get a wrench on the bolt.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Im in Miami also. I didn't do the install. I know of a great place ( or has been so far ) in North Miami. Doesn't look like much but the guy is honest. Has done work to both my cars.

BTW have you seen the how to videos?

1390 ne 125st

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.