Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial

40K views 88 replies 35 participants last post by  f2000keith 
#1 · (Edited)
So your stock motor mounts look like this?

If they don't yet, they will.

Time to change them out for some nice new Rev Shift Motor Mounts!
(the Nylon Nuts on the RevShifts are 3/4"):

Tools you'll need:

15mm socket
18mm socket
3/4" socket
Jack with piece of wood to distribute weight
External Torx E-10 (or a 8mm socket)
Extensions

Now you have a decision to make.....

Some people take the stock manifolds/or headers off to do this which makes life a lot easier but takes more time
(lots of extensions and an impact, when removing the motor mount brackets from the block)

Or leave the manifold/headers on and get up close and personal with a wrench.

Remove the wheel and dive on in.

This is showing Passenger Side (3 bolts):
Old Motor Mount bolts on block: 15mm

This is showing Driver Side (4 bolts):
Make sure the bolts with studded head go on bottom so the wire loom can be reattached

Here are the new Revshift Mounts inside both brackets. It's upside down in the pic (sorry I was in a hurry and was trying to take pics on the side)
RevShift also told me the factory heat shields are not necessary and were not installed

The Nut on the hex stud is 18mm

This is the same stud removed (you can use a 8mm socket on it if you don't have an E-10 inverted torx socket):

Here's how I lifted the engine block (and how I've done it every MM change)
My buddy Lance's head is now famous

Gratuitous Dipstick shot (some people say they've done it without removing, but I've taken mine out every time since it's like playing Jenga getting the MM bracket out...that bolt is 15mm)
Wrapped headers FTW

This is trying to maneuver the passenger side motor mount block from the engine bay (That nut on top is 18mm):

RevShift mount installed,,,very nice!:

Initial thoughts after I've put 400+ miles on these so far.......

The idle vibration is raised slightly compared to the UUC's. Now I realize this is all subjective....so a little insight:

The UUC's only vibrated slightly more than the stockers, so being the Rev Shift's being a harder urethane than the UUC's you feel the idle just a tad more like as if you had a tiny cam maybe?

The engine feels like it's more planted though like the power is getting transplanted to the ground a lot better. Placebo effect? I don't know.....but I like it.

I got the 80A blue ones (softer street ones) which are only $149.99....can't beat that price!

RevShift makes red ones (track ones) and even harder. So pick your poison.

All in all I'm happy with them because I like my power getting to the pavement. My UUC's weren't bad (I thought they were) but these are much firmer which hopefully translates to HP being used intsead of lost. (Like my butt dyno suggests) I'm digging em!

Here's a link to buy em:
https://www.revshift.com/shop/bushin...s/cadillac.php

If you have any questions, PM me......And I'm out.

See less See more
#84 ·
I did the revshift motor mounts this weekend while I was installing some Kooks Long tubes. I went with the blues. The stock mounts looked fine and the engine didn't rock back and forth, even my buddy who is a gm tech said they are fine. When i took them out they were toast, lots of rubber missing and the bolts moved around like a spoon in peanut butter. My car has 110k on the OD and is an '06

The new mounts are great, in fact my favorite thing I have done so far. They made everything so smooth and compared to my old stock mounts they ride so much better. I barley know the engine is on except when stopped then I notice a tiny shimmer sometimes but nothing that I would complain about. They took care of the vibration i would get at low speeds in reverse which I though was the flywheel letting go.

I was worried that because these mounts were poly the added vibrations would be bad as this is my DD. Not the case what so ever. Very glad I did.

Just my 2cents.

#85 ·
^^ Fantastic! You ready to install mine next? lol

#88 ·
The trans mount is settling down a bit. Not as noisy but i still feel plenty of transmission and or drive line. Shifts perfect though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.