Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic Without a doubt, the UMI solid motor mounts. But the vibration that they transmit is a ...
    Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Re: Rev Shift Motor Mounts Install Writeup Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Without a doubt, the UMI solid motor mounts. But the vibration that they transmit is a definite downside. Most people used to buy the Creative Steel mounts, but RevShift's Blue mounts are the current favorite because they appear to be equally good at $100 less.
    Is that ea or pair price? I have a 3'X3' X1/4" thick pc of insulated foil back material so either manufacture's price would be fine for me... Whose got the stronger polyurethane or stud anchor design if that's possible?.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

We do not like talking about competitors products but in this case I feel it is necessary. There is a huge difference between our mounts and their mounts. There are different types and grades of polyurethane. Unfortunately, a lot of people, including some companies, are not aware of this. Our competitor, the one in question, uses a type of polyurethane adhesive sealant which is similar to urethane windshield caulk. It is not acceptable material to use as mounts or bushings. This is the reason why you hear about their mounts sagging, cracking, and melting.

Our mounts and bushings are made from a high quality polyurethane polymer that is intended for automotive use. We process the raw materials and mold the parts ourselves. Unlike our competitors, we actually know the science behind polymer production. We have sold many sets of CTS-V motor mounts and have not had one single failure to date. There has been one instance where a customer installed the motor mounts without any heat shielding and had an exhaust leak which pointed directly at the motor mount. This resulted in a surface blemish on the motor mount but did not cause a failure. We recommend heat shields as a preventative measure in the case of an exhaust leak or some other kind of abnormal occurrence. We also offer two different choices of hardness. 80A blue and 95A red, the 80A is recommended for street use and daily driving, the 95A is recommended for race applications due to its stiffness.
    jclayc and jclayc like this.

PISNUOFF Guest

Has anyone else had an issue with these being about 3/8-1/2" taller than the stock mounts, even before the stock ones are compressed under the weight of the motor?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Has anyone else had an issue with these being about 3/8-1/2" taller than the stock mounts, even before the stock ones are compressed under the weight of the motor?
    that prob one of the reasons i would switch. more clearance for the headers

We have never heard of this with our mounts. After reading this I took a couple pictures comparing our CTS-V mount to a brand new OEM mount. They are the same height. Here is the proof:

mountcomparison.jpg

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    That's what I was thinking as I have a clunk on Dr. Side at light clutch let out at times. Thanks for clearing it up, so who's mounts are lasting the longest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    We do not like talking about competitors products but in this case I feel it is necessary. There is a huge difference between our mounts and their mounts. There are different types and grades of polyurethane. Unfortunately, a lot of people, including some companies, are not aware of this. Our competitor, the one in question, uses a type of polyurethane adhesive sealant which is similar to urethane windshield caulk. It is not acceptable material to use as mounts or bushings. This is the reason why you hear about their mounts sagging, cracking, and melting.

Our mounts and bushings are made from a high quality polyurethane polymer that is intended for automotive use. We process the raw materials and mold the parts ourselves. Unlike our competitors, we actually know the science behind polymer production. We have sold many sets of CTS-V motor mounts and have not had one single failure to date. There has been one instance where a customer installed the motor mounts without any heat shielding and had an exhaust leak which pointed directly at the motor mount. This resulted in a surface blemish on the motor mount but did not cause a failure. We recommend heat shields as a preventative measure in the case of an exhaust leak or some other kind of abnormal occurrence. We also offer two different choices of hardness. 80A blue and 95A red, the 80A is recommended for street use and daily driving, the 95A is recommended for race applications due to its stiffness.
    Great lesson in product knowledge, with that are you offering a lifetime warranty on the blue ones? How much are they and is it ea or pair price. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Great lesson in product knowledge, with that are you offering a lifetime warranty on the blue ones? How much are they and is it ea or pair price. Thanks
    I should have mentioned that. We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane parts including the blue motor mounts. They are $149.99 for a pair and the silicone thermal jackets are an additional $35 option.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyur...llac-cts-v.php

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Will you warranty the motor mounts without the thermal jackets?

tophat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I will most likely be ordering these in the next few weeks, just had a good look at my mounts and they are toast, I like the price and warranty so Im down to try out a set and see how they hold up over time. A few options around but Im cool with trying out a newer product, good thing winter is almost here and I can get some quality time under my car.

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Will you warranty the motor mounts without the thermal jackets?
    Yes. As it says on our website, if you are the original purchaser of our polyurethane motor mounts and they break we will send you new mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by tophat View Post
    I will most likely be ordering these in the next few weeks, just had a good look at my mounts and they are toast, I like the price and warranty so Im down to try out a set and see how they hold up over time. A few options around but Im cool with trying out a newer product, good thing winter is almost here and I can get some quality time under my car.
    We look forward to having you as a customer. Thank you.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    We have never heard of this with our mounts. After reading this I took a couple pictures comparing our CTS-V mount to a brand new OEM mount. They are the same height. Here is the proof:

Attachment 99410
    Right. But the stock ones compress under the weight of the motor. I can't wait to feel the difference after I modify my shifter so the linkage doesn't hit the trans. Maybe the additional height from the trans mount insert in combination with the motor mounts just raises them both a tad too much.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Right. But the stock ones compress under the weight of the motor. I can't wait to feel the difference after I modify my shifter so the linkage doesn't hit the trans. Maybe the additional height from the trans mount insert in combination with the motor mounts just raises them both a tad too much.
    The trans mount insert definitely raises it up higher than it would sit with a brand new factory mount, but obviously it can only sit so high due to the limiter built in to the factory mount. I have motor mounts and the trans insert and a modified shifter similar to how you modify them and didn't run into any issues.

I can't comment on the motor mount height because mine have been shot since I bought it.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    I am installing the Edelbrock TVS 2300 and will have to clearance the hood slightly to make things work. So in my case the extra height is a bad thing. If these are trimmed slightly to support this type of application I assume the warranty would be voided. Is that a good assumption?

PISNUOFF Guest

Trimming isn't possible with how the polyurethane is formed around studs/bracing materials.

This is simply not true.

We have to keep the facts straight. We want everyone to be correctly informed and understand how things actually work in real life.

After reading this comment we decided to do another test and provide proof. First off, some facts: the engine in a cts-v weighs about 400 lbs with accessories and with fluids, there are two motor mounts, each motor mount is supporting no more than 200 lbs. We took a brand new OEM motor mount and measured it with no weight applied and then measured it with 250 lbs applied. When the 250 lbs was applied we saw a compression of 1/16 of an inch. That is 0.065 inches. The weight what was applied was more than what is applied to the mount when installed in the vehicle. The mount barely compressed at all. Here is proof again:

oemmountcompression.jpg

As you may notice, the weight we applied was a person. He weighs 255-260 lbs. His entire weight was balanced on top of the mount. Another person was helping him balance but was not supporting any of his weight.

Now, to say that our mounts raise the motor is completely false. In fact, the cts-v in the background of the picture has oem motor mounts, which are very used but still good, and they are compressed less than an eighth of an inch. The sagging and compression of the oem motor mount is from wear. Over time, the rubber compresses more and more. Once the mounts start leaking they really start to sag and compress.

My point is that a brand new oem mount will put the motor in the same spot as our polyurethane mounts which is where the GM engineers intended it to be. The difference is that, over time, our polyurethane mounts don't sag and compress like the oem mounts.

Pisnuoff, I believe your issue is due to your modified shifter linkage, not our mounts.

I will continue to debunk misinformation as necessary.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.