Revshift Trans Mount Insert ? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift Trans Mount Insert ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; cool...
    fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Revshift Trans Mount Insert ?

cool

V-twin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V w/ Katech headers, Magnaflow, short shifter

How far away is the transmission mount? I'm ready for one!

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post

I wont say specifics right now but you will be happy with it.

There is an 80A full poly indestructible guibo in the works. We are waiting on patents. Yes, its that serious.
    I know the answer is likely no but I have to ask - any ETA on the guibo? I would love to get another year out the driveshaft before going to a 9".

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    How long is the moonlighting period for the vibes to stop or go away when using the insert?

CTSVLSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

It's giubo! Not guibo :P lol
    THe more improvements on the drivetrain I can get, the better. Keep us informed on what you are making!
    I'm almost done installing every single revshift product they make for my V. The GF 9" rear is pretty nice but still has a clunk, although not anywhere near as bad as the stock diff.
    We will see how the GIUBO works with the 9" IRS and 2 piece driveshaft (the current billet one)

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

I have installed new motor mounts,rear diff. bushing,trans insert and finally shifter bushings. It seemed with each replacement the shifting was better but more cabin noise and vibration each time. I was getting some serious shifter rattle and gear noise so I took out the Revshift insert the other day. I trimmed down the high spots on the top and bottom and stuck it back in there, maybe 3/8" total material trimmed off. I also took maybe an 1/8" of the sides were it touches the OEM rubber. I was basically wanting some height from the insert but not wanting it to be crammed in there. I wanted to give the OEM mount some room to move around under load if needed. So far it seems to be my fix, gears shift smooth and just a hint of gear noise under heavy acceleration. Under normal driving, no gear noise so far. I also was concerned about maybe it slipping out, after several hours of driving it hasn't moved.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Installed the Revshift trans mount over the weekend. So far so good, tad bit tighter between shifts. I have a B&M shifter which is already a bit noisy but not bad. Now under acceleration it's much louder in 1st & 2nd. Not very happy about it. May look into PISNUOFF's shifter next.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Installed the Revshift trans mount over the weekend. So far so good, tad bit tighter between shifts. I have a B&M shifter which is already a bit noisy but not bad. Now under acceleration it's much louder in 1st & 2nd. Not very happy about it. May look into PISNUOFF's shifter next.
    I felt the same way. It helped the shifts, but was louder.

Creative Steel complete replacement mount was the best of both worlds for me.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

How does that one help with the lateral movement of the tranny on turning if just the bottom of the mount is reinforced. That has been another concern of mine with just the insert. If the factory rubber is that squished then there will be some rolling around wouldn't there?

BDV

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

I am looking to upgrade to the RevShift full trans mount when done. ready to ditch the last CS piece I have.
    Revshift likes this.

Creative Steel Inc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV

I'm sorry verywhitedevil that you feel that way, that's not what we're about. Let me know if there's something I can do to change your mind.

Open Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00pm PST
    Phone: 503-316-1811
    Fax: 503-316-1814
    Kristie@Creative-Steel.com

Follow us on Facebook!: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creat...39612609499435

The more I drive around with the Revshift trans mount, the more the noise is bothering me. It's only been a few days but frankly the stock mount kept things quiet in the cabin. Seems like you need to find the right combinations of mounts to get happy results. I'll give it a few more weeks and see if things change, otherwise I'm removing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by verywhitedevil View Post
    I am looking to upgrade to the RevShift full trans mount when done. ready to ditch the last CS piece I have.

Becker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 black with tan V
    I have the latest and greatest CS mount and all has been well. Made some modifications of my own to my hurst shifter to get the noise level down. I also got a revshift insert that I will try when I swap the clutch simply just for a comparison. I have had not a single issue with my Cs mount.

In fact I think CS should hook me up a diff block just so I can try it out haha.

I don't care about past comparison threads but in my car with new CS motor mounts and tranny mount. My car is solid and noise free.

Remember that every cars geometry is a little different. What works for one may not work for another. Take that for what it is worth.

----------

I might add that I have not tried a single revshift product and that's why I got the insert. To try.

I look forward to getting some other bushings from either company. My initial purchase decision will be based on general reviews and hardness of what I'm looking for. Also I appreciate great customer service.

I look forward to further enhancing my v for me . Whether it be company A or company B. Or maybe C?
    MotorMounts likes this.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Can't get any more honest than that ^^^
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Becker View Post
    Remember that every cars geometry is a little different. What works for one may not work for another. Take that for what it is worth.[COLOR="Silver"]
    This about sums it up right here! I have parts from both companies, just cant find the right combo yet. Frustrating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.