Revshift Trans Mount Insert ? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift Trans Mount Insert ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by EnV Installed the trans mount insert a few months ago. First and reverse still give me trouble ...
    Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Re: Revshift Trans Mount Insert ?

Quote Originally Posted by EnV View Post
    Installed the trans mount insert a few months ago. First and reverse still give me trouble sometimes and once a day I'll have problems getting it into gear smoothly between shifts.
    What about the motor mounts and the rear diff. bushing, those new as well?

EnV
    EnV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Quote Originally Posted by Mongopush View Post
    What about the motor mounts and the rear diff. bushing, those new as well?
    Yes revshift street motor mounts were put in as well, but I was told heat shields were not neccessary so they are probably toast next to my Kooks. I haven't had a chance to get under the car and check yet. Carrier bushing was replaced maybe a year ago.

stever06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

How was your carrier bushing replaced, its all one piece in the drive shaft I thought.

SevillianSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Update:

I swapped my stock mount with insert, out for the creative steel mount. (been in for a few weeks now; wanted to thoroughly test it before giving the update)

Gotta say I think it is the best of both worlds. I didn't like how the revshift insert made 1st and reverse feel better at the expense of a notchier 2nd and 4th.

Even after letting the insert "settle in" for a while (months) I like the sound with the creative steel better. I still hear the growl of the engine under load through it, but not so much droan as before.

Shifter feels nice and solid, and all my gears feel equally easy to move to.

The insert is not a bad product by revshift, I just favor this new mount more.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Yeah, I'd like to see a full mount option from Revshift to compete with Creative Steel in this area.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SevillianSTS View Post
    Update:

I swapped my stock mount with insert, out for the creative steel mount. (been in for a few weeks now; wanted to thoroughly test it before giving the update)

Gotta say I think it is the best of both worlds. I didn't like how the revshift insert made 1st and reverse feel better at the expense of a notchier 2nd and 4th.

Even after letting the insert "settle in" for a while (months) I like the sound with the creative steel better. I still hear the growl of the engine under load through it, but not so much droan as before.

Shifter feels nice and solid, and all my gears feel equally easy to move to.

The insert is not a bad product by revshift, I just favor this new mount more.
    I think I'm gonna give the CS transmount a try. I currently have the RS insert in there and had to reverse the spherical cup in the base of the shifter to get it into reverse. Wasn't a problem until I reassembled my car. I use the Katech shifter.

fweasel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    I think I'm gonna give the CS transmount a try. I currently have the RS insert in there and had to reverse the spherical cup in the base of the shifter to get it into reverse. Wasn't a problem until I reassembled my car. I use the Katech shifter.
    for clarification, is your cup now upside down or in the original position?

I'm not sure what Philistine means. I've had the cup in both orientations in the last couple of weeks, and the transmission shifted the same way both times. The problem with reversing the cup orientation is that 2nd, 4th, and 6th leave the shifter jammed up against the lip of the box. And you'll never be able to run an aftermarket driveshaft, since you have almost no clearance. As far as I know, there's no advantage to messing with the stock orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    for clarification, is your cup now upside down or in the original position?
    Flipped it upside down. Wasn't a problem till I reassembled all my new parts and could not get it into reverse after a marathon session of bleeding the clutch.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see a full mount option from Revshift to compete with Creative Steel in this area.
    Alright, you got it. I've been putting it off for long enough. I already have it designed. I guess its time to make a real life part. There will be no competition.

Do you want a better toe rod option while we are at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    Alright, you got it. I've been putting it off for long enough. I already have it designed. I guess its time to make a real life part. There will be no competition.

Do you want a better toe rod option while we are at it?
    I'm excited about the transmission mount. The rubber on my stock mount is starting to peel away from the metal. But the Revshift insert looks new. Any chance it'll be height adjustable (e.g. screw drive) or provide better lateral support? Also, what's the chance that you could mold some 80A exhaust hangars? The OEM rubber ones are very soft and can crack and decay.

As far as toe rods go, I think you'd have to come in with a product that's lighter, stiffer, cheaper, easier to adjust, or some combination thereof (versus BMR or Creative Steel). On the front end of the car, there's more room for improvement--we don't have light/stiff tie rods, and we have one of the world's heaviest spindles. That spindle could be swapped out (see thread) for the V2 spindles, if only we had compatible sway bars or end links. If there's anything you can do about any of that, I think you'll have some excited customers.

I'm also looking for someone to do some plastic/carbon fiber molding of underbody panels. Do you know anyone who might be capable and interested in that?

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    How about a 80a guibo joint? One that can be a solution for the majority of misaligned drivetrains....

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    How about a 80a guibo joint? One that can be a solution for the majority of misaligned drivetrains....
    Absolutely agree. I have the Revshift billet coupler, and cannot run above 21 mph with it (the driveshaft carrier bearing vibrates in a truly horrifying way), despite doing all of the other bushing modifications, and following the instructions to the "T". In my opinion, the OEM drivetrain geometry makes it impossible. I'm saving the coupler though--should be able to use it when I get the G-Force 9" IRS.

Any chance it'll be height adjustable (e.g. screw drive) or provide better lateral support?
    Now that would be awesome and worth every penny!

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Any chance it'll be height adjustable (e.g. screw drive) or provide better lateral support?
    I wont say specifics right now but you will be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    There is an 80A full poly indestructible guibo in the works. We are waiting on patents. Yes, its that serious.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.