Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Yooper's Garage Sale

18K views 96 replies 33 participants last post by  yooper 
#1 · (Edited)
Selling all the reliability, durability, and performance enhancements from my 04 CTSV. Will be posting in the classified section as they come off the car.
Please post here if you have questions or comments or email to billkimmesATchartermiDOTnet
I will try to load pictures in my album.
Thanks

CCW 18" wheels in classifieds
If you guys bump this up, I will post more pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Are you going back to the stock hood?

#47 ·
Axles are sold and shipped. Thanks

Starter is sold thanks

Alternator is sold thanks

----------

I want the BMR toe rods and possibly the shock tower brace too. Email sent.
Email replied.

----------

e-mail sent about the UMI mounts (also want the tranny mount if that falls through).

-Chris
Yours, they are on the way, thanks:thumbsup:

----------

Bill, Payment sent for the shifter bushings and Trans mount. mark them as SOLD....lol
Trans mount sold, shifter bushings still avail.

----------

How many miles are on the shocks?
The FG2 shocks have less than 5000 miles. Hope to remove the fronts this weekend.:yup:

----------

sending you pm. Iwill take that radiator. does the Katech adapter come with?
It does now, thanks.:shhh:

----------

I'll take the axles! e-mail sent to confirm your paypal address.
Spare new axle nuts included in box with axles, thanks.:thumbsup:

#14 ·
Lol me too :( Wifey might notice a new hood with "holes" in it!

#21 ·
What's up with the strut tower brace? The silver one with the holes in it.

#23 ·
I'll take 25lbs of what you're selling, if only I knew what the prices were. Can only find the 2 posts in the regular classifieds. This forum is just craaawling for me these days. Maybe put up a little pricelist in this post as well as the classifieds. I'm sure the mods won't mind too much :)

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry guys, had to blast out of town for a few days.

Here are some prices and additional product. Everything is priced including shipping to the lower 48 states.:thumbsup:

Fidenza 7.6 twin disc clutch, aluminum flywheel, and slave cyl spacer $750.00
rear strur bar with trunk trim SOLD
Kooks Headers and catless mid-pipes SOLD
Hotchkis 2280 front and rear sway bars SOLD
Hotchkis heavy duty billet sway bar bushing brackets $70.00 SOLD
CCW wheels fronts 10.5x18 with 6.75" backspacing, rears 11.5x18 with 7.50" backspacing $1500.00
Silver Specter Werks Heat Extractor Hood SOLD
Specter Werks Cradle Bushings $200.00 (may be discontinued) SOLD
Drive Shaft Shop Level 5 Axles $1000.00 SOLD
BMR Stainless Steel front shock tower brace $200.00 SOLD
BMR Pinion support brace $80.00 SOLD
BMR Toe Rod Kit $170.00 SOLD
BMR Trailing arms (spherical bearings) $150.00 SOLD
BMR Anti wheel-hop kit $180.00 SOLD
UMI Performance poly engine mounts (NIB) $175.00 SOLD
GM racing front/rear sway bars with HD adjustable endlinks $500.00 SOLD
GMPP (FG2) 12499241 shock absorber kit $650.00
GMPP 25534462 transmission cooler kit with instructions $1000.00 (may be discontinued)
GMPP 25534463 differential cooler kit SOLD Discontinued
GM 25873498 differential carrier (current version) $1200.00 SOLD
UUC diff mount bushing (good one for track) $100.00 Discontinued
Ron Davis Racing radiator with engine oil cooler $650.00 SOLD
Carbotech X12 front ads $150.00 SOLD
EBC D41788R rear pads NIB $99.00 SOLD
SRP pedal set Pic's coming $75.00 SOLD
Creative Steel transmission mount NIB $90.00 SOLD
Creative Steel shifter bushings NIB $20.00 SOLD IF I CAN FIND THEM
Creative Steel drive shaft coupler NIB $ SOLD
CG Lock NIB $40.00 Pending Payment SOLD
GM 15878029 steering gear NIB $450.00
Heavy's Fire Ext. bracket NIB $40.00 SOLD
Fire Ext NIB $50.00 SOLD
Race Car Tow Hooks $80.00
Thanks for looking

#29 ·
did you ever install the tow hooks? Would you happen to have a picture? How did you cut the bumper cover?

#34 ·
Installed the front tow hook by lining up with top of front bumper support, marking, poked two holes thru bumper with a heated pick, and then cut the slit in bumper cover with heated hack saw blade. Slide tow hook in from front and marked two holes to drill into top of bumper frame. Bolted on.

Do the same with rear tow hook.

#37 ·
e-mail sent about the UMI mounts (also want the tranny mount if that falls through).

-Chris

#40 ·
Yooper, I didn't realize you had this much kit into your car for road racing. Can you give us an idea of what sort of lap times or level of car this beast could run down with this full on setup assuming tires equal of course. Could you hang with a base c6, z06, gt3 etc.. I know you had v2 brakes and 5 lugs as well, are those going up for sale?

#45 ·
Sorry guys had to go out of town again for a family emergency that did not turn out well:(
I keep getting knocked off of here, something about not enough sponsors!

garrettg, tough question to respond to as I have only done a few HPDE's with the v and decided to go with a different platform for a dedicated track car because the instructors all told me to put racing seats, harness, and at minimum a roll bar or cage in the car.

I took the suspension as far as I could go and still reverse everything. (other than the lower shock bushings and trailing arm to knuckle bushings ) The LS6 motor is stock other than a very nice light-weight aluminum flywheel and twin disc clutch.

By the end of last summer, with conti scrubs, I could consistently turn 2 minute 45 second laps at Road America with the right traffic. I did have a few laps at 2 minutes 40 seconds (perfect spread on traffic and not held up in the corners).

My car was never the fastest car on track. However with the handling/braking/cooling enhancements, the car was able to spend less time in the braking zones, went thru the corners quicker, and achieved higher exit speeds which resulted in lower lap times compared to lighter/faster cars. This car surprised a lot of people, including some instructors.

Even though I received point bys from all the cars you mentioned the big unknown is the level of the other drivers at HPDE events. I had the opportunity to run with different Track Rental Groups in both intermediate and advanced classes and lets just say the CTSV gen 1 represented well.

The oem Brembo's and SKF x-tracker hub bearings are going on my C5 ZO6 track car. The brakes are fantastic, hope they fit.

Axles are SOLD
UMI motor mounts are sold
Creative Steel trans mount is sold
Ron Davis Racing radiator is sold
Katech oil adaptor is sold
rear strut tower bar and pre-cut trunk liners are sold
Specter Werks heat extractor hood is sold
Specter Werks cradle bushings are sold

the HD adjustable end links go with the GM Racing sway bars and mounting brackets for $500.00

the Hotchkis HD Billet sway bar bushing and brackets go with the Hotchkis 2280 sway bars for $440.00 (IMO you need the better Billet brackets and Poly bushings to fully utilize the 2280 sway bars)

Hope to return all un-answered emails Tuesday. Please include your forum name in emails for clarification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.