Cadillac Owners Forum banner

my new project

21K views 107 replies 42 participants last post by  GDPossehl 
#1 · (Edited)
this project so far from the day i bought the car to where its at now has been under 3 months
she had 115k on her and the diff and tranny showed every one of them. the diff sounded like a gear drive from a old v8 and the tranny pooped out of 2nd 3rd and 5th and was whineing pretty bad. so tore into her all the way in one shot insted of trying to pice it together over time as things failed.

things i have or are planing on/specs

5.3 iron block bored/stroked to 6.3
10-1 comp wiesco piston
prc 2.5 317s heads
tsp 224/228 581/ 588 114lsa cam
ls6 intake and tb
pacesetter coated long tubes
mcloead rxt twin and steel flywheel
t56 with billit keys and carbon syncros
C.S. 8.8 rear diff kit (alum case and 3.73 gears)
twin PT billit 5858 v band in and out .82 ex
twin tial mv-r 44mm waste gates
self contained turbo oil system 3 ish quats with a oil cooler and pump
E-boost 2
inavative wide band
ebay intercooler 4" core
twin bosh 044 fuel pumps
jaz 16 gallon fuel cel in spare tire well
fuel lab 80 psi base reg
fic 1100cc injectors
e85 fuel
blablabla

ill clean this up alitte later but for right now heres some pics

See less See more
#89 ·
so a little update on the car.
whaile im waiting to recive my bushing from rev shift i decided to mod my stock drag link with the bushing that noodl used on his for around half the price.
plus i just like to build stuff
some nice looking bushing and these things are beefy

i had to make a jig to make sure the new is EXACTLY the same as the old
ugly jig but it did its job

theres no going back now

all done and ready to go back in

now that thats all taken care of its time to move on to a oil catch can so the crank case can breath
i made a cardboard templet first.

the good old water test, passed on the first try.

its not done yet as need to order fittings and figure out how im going to run the bafulls

stay tuned in for more

#96 ·
You going to run that thing at Pacific? I run there alot with my pro class car.

I run over to bremerton on occasion as well but I like pacific's new track. Used to suck in a high powered car when they used to have that dip in the track at about the 150 mark always used to unload the tires and make for a hairy pass.

#100 ·
yeah its hooking alot better in 3rd with the 4 pepole that were in the car, with just me it has no chance in 3rd but it is also alot fast with just me

i did see the other tt V on tech. its good to see other guys playing with these cars. im not a big fan of how low the turbos are on his car but to each his own and more power to him for going out and making it happen. id love to see his dyno sheet on the stock motor

#103 ·
so i couldnt find any coilovers that were more drag race oriented for the v1s and all the decent coil-overs that i did find are in the 2600$$ range and up.
sadly strange dosnt sell any thing that will work off the self in the double adjustable version. so i am going to modify the strange ones they do sell. after measuring the stockers i found thtat strange had one that was almost the same stroke and length. just the mounts on both side of the new ones are spherical bushings. i need atlest one side to have a fork style mount to attach to the lower shock mount on the knuckle.the best way i can see to adapt the new socks is to unscrew the baring off the shaft side and make a new steel piece with the same 2 steps in it that the old one had to hold the spring perch. im going to reuse the forks off the stock shocks to cut down on cost and i think they are plenty strong enough. the adptor will be made of steel so i can weld the stock fork to it.

the top mounts are going to be much easier, just a plate a little bigger then the old one with some tabs on it for the shock to mount to. for some added strength ill sandwich a 1/8" plate top and bottom

im still waiting on my guy to cut the parts for me but i post what i have so far

kinda scary cutting a chrged shcok, i went very slow with a grinder and then finished the cut off with a fine toothed sawzall

while my car was up on jack stands i figured i do a oil change and clean some other stuff up.by the grace of god while the oil cap was off i grabbed a flash light and looked in the hole. low and behold the rocker next to the oil cap is missing the C-clip to hold the baring on, well most of the C-clip is missing. i pulled the VCs and found 3 others that were ether missing or mostly missing. i also found about 1/3 of a C-clip next to one of the valve springs. WTF
long story short after alot of effing around and phone calls i ended up getting a set of comp ultra golds to eliminate the problem of the shity comp trunuin upgrade kit.

the baring walking out the opposite side

i aslo got a new boost controler that will do boost by gear based on VSS vs RPM as me e-boost2 will not

#105 ·
in the interst of keeping it all together :
i figured it was time to get this thing built as i have had the parts laying around for a bit.
i planed n running 5 -10 AN lines originally but cut it down to 3. i think it will be just fine with the 3 -10 AN lines.

it passed the water test, cant ask for alot more then that

im welding on a 30amp breaker so i have to pre heat so i can weld @ 110 amps instead of 180+

had to make a custom short back cap to get in the tight spaces.

you can see that i added a triangle to the end of the breather that will be a PS reservoir.

more preheating with my custom torch holder.

#107 ·
Do you have any more details of the T56 Magnum swap? I have contacted several vendors that say it wont work (i don't really believe them). Have you seen the Magnum XL they have for the Fords? This may be the ultimate upgrade for us as it comes with a long tailhousing to eliminate remote shifter requirements. Tremec will be releasing a GM version soon (they don't get more specific but I do have an email out to them). I would like to get this squared away before swapping the dif so I don't have to buy a driveshaft twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.