my new project - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, my new project in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My favorite part of this whole build is that the turbos are where the stock fuel tank goes and you ...
    hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black
    My favorite part of this whole build is that the turbos are where the stock fuel tank goes and you converted it to the fuel cell in the trunk. I've been playing around with the thoughts of a twin turbo setup in a first gen and you sir have found the best way.

silentwig is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: my new project

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met

just got all my revshift bushing in the rear of this thing and all i can say is wow, such a big difference comped to the shity rubber cadday stuff. its like a whole new 900 whp car

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    just got all my revshift bushing in the rear of this thing and all i can say is wow, such a big difference comped to the shity rubber cadday stuff. its like a whole new 900 whp car
    Yea??? I'm sure it now feels like it just wants to hack a limb off with a rusty ax instead of murdering you in your sleep by blowing up your home with a nuke... Lol 900whp would be utterly insane I want that so much drooooools next time I am up in the pacific NW seeing family I want to see this mother effer in action.

Yea shes a beast. Kills 3rd gear at will. Hooks all of 4th. Thr new bushings Are a night and day difference.
    Im starting to work on the boost by gear and that should help make the car a lot safer/more fun to drive

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

You going to run that thing at Pacific? I run there alot with my pro class car.

I run over to bremerton on occasion as well but I like pacific's new track. Used to suck in a high powered car when they used to have that dip in the track at about the 150 mark always used to unload the tires and make for a hairy pass.

a short video from today. 4 people in the car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1jXN...ature=youtu.be

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Rolling on the throttle I see. What tires you got on that thing? Looked like you caught a good amount of spin in 3rd. LOL

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

@runsfromdacops seems like you have a friend on ls1tech an 07 V has been complimented by twin turbos as well!

yeah its hooking alot better in 3rd with the 4 pepole that were in the car, with just me it has no chance in 3rd but it is also alot fast with just me

i did see the other tt V on tech. its good to see other guys playing with these cars. im not a big fan of how low the turbos are on his car but to each his own and more power to him for going out and making it happen. id love to see his dyno sheet on the stock motor
    lilgCTS-V and lilgCTS-V like this.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Fridays my b day. U should take me around the block lol

Strange Double Externally Adjustable Coil-Overs over been orderd. i will be posting my custom upper and lower mounts as i make them.

so i couldnt find any coilovers that were more drag race oriented for the v1s and all the decent coil-overs that i did find are in the 2600$$ range and up.
    sadly strange dosnt sell any thing that will work off the self in the double adjustable version. so i am going to modify the strange ones they do sell. after measuring the stockers i found thtat strange had one that was almost the same stroke and length. just the mounts on both side of the new ones are spherical bushings. i need atlest one side to have a fork style mount to attach to the lower shock mount on the knuckle.the best way i can see to adapt the new socks is to unscrew the baring off the shaft side and make a new steel piece with the same 2 steps in it that the old one had to hold the spring perch. im going to reuse the forks off the stock shocks to cut down on cost and i think they are plenty strong enough. the adptor will be made of steel so i can weld the stock fork to it.

the top mounts are going to be much easier, just a plate a little bigger then the old one with some tabs on it for the shock to mount to. for some added strength ill sandwich a 1/8" plate top and bottom

im still waiting on my guy to cut the parts for me but i post what i have so far

kinda scary cutting a chrged shcok, i went very slow with a grinder and then finished the cut off with a fine toothed sawzall

while my car was up on jack stands i figured i do a oil change and clean some other stuff up.by the grace of god while the oil cap was off i grabbed a flash light and looked in the hole. low and behold the rocker next to the oil cap is missing the C-clip to hold the baring on, well most of the C-clip is missing. i pulled the VCs and found 3 others that were ether missing or mostly missing. i also found about 1/3 of a C-clip next to one of the valve springs. WTF
    long story short after alot of effing around and phone calls i ended up getting a set of comp ultra golds to eliminate the problem of the shity comp trunuin upgrade kit.

the baring walking out the opposite side

i aslo got a new boost controler that will do boost by gear based on VSS vs RPM as me e-boost2 will not
    rcordero and rcordero like this.

lastly i got a new T56 magnum that ill be swaping in here very soon. likly right after i get the coil-overs done

billet cromoly yoke

i guess thats good for now lolz

in the interst of keeping it all together :
    i figured it was time to get this thing built as i have had the parts laying around for a bit.
    i planed n running 5 -10 AN lines originally but cut it down to 3. i think it will be just fine with the 3 -10 AN lines.

it passed the water test, cant ask for alot more then that

im welding on a 30amp breaker so i have to pre heat so i can weld @ 110 amps instead of 180+

had to make a custom short back cap to get in the tight spaces.

you can see that i added a triangle to the end of the breather that will be a PS reservoir.

more preheating with my custom torch holder.

Mn800r likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.