Cadillac Owners Forum banner

my new project

21K views 107 replies 42 participants last post by  GDPossehl 
#1 · (Edited)
this project so far from the day i bought the car to where its at now has been under 3 months
she had 115k on her and the diff and tranny showed every one of them. the diff sounded like a gear drive from a old v8 and the tranny pooped out of 2nd 3rd and 5th and was whineing pretty bad. so tore into her all the way in one shot insted of trying to pice it together over time as things failed.

things i have or are planing on/specs

5.3 iron block bored/stroked to 6.3
10-1 comp wiesco piston
prc 2.5 317s heads
tsp 224/228 581/ 588 114lsa cam
ls6 intake and tb
pacesetter coated long tubes
mcloead rxt twin and steel flywheel
t56 with billit keys and carbon syncros
C.S. 8.8 rear diff kit (alum case and 3.73 gears)
twin PT billit 5858 v band in and out .82 ex
twin tial mv-r 44mm waste gates
self contained turbo oil system 3 ish quats with a oil cooler and pump
E-boost 2
inavative wide band
ebay intercooler 4" core
twin bosh 044 fuel pumps
jaz 16 gallon fuel cel in spare tire well
fuel lab 80 psi base reg
fic 1100cc injectors
e85 fuel
blablabla

ill clean this up alitte later but for right now heres some pics

See less See more
#8 ·
:pop2: Thanks for posting.. keep the pics coming

#9 ·
Sweet! I'll be living vicariously through your checkbook for a while! Don't let me down with updates. :)

#11 ·
Insane Project! I am now officially a loser.

#17 ·
I think he meant location as in which state. BTW awesome work.

Reactions: rjoffe
#16 ·
Damn when is my car gonna be ready already?!

#19 ·
this is a really well thought out project ! so sick! my only question is by putting the fuel cell in the trunk like that will that cause the car to understeer because all that weight is hanging off the back ? ... either way i love the idea and cant wait to see this project all buttoned up and ready to seek and destroy.

#21 ·
He posted up another thread about how he was having some tuning issues for 3 bar maps and such... I am assuming he is going to be pushing this car pretty hard... which given the build, cost, time, etc is completely understandable. I would run the nuts off this thing all day long.

Did you ever figure out the tuning by the way? I can put you in contact with a knowledgeable HP tuner guy in Florida who email tunes my cars.

#26 ·
Im still refining the car. I had a little set back at tunning. Both turbos blow the barings due to oil alum shaving in the turbo oil. Even though this was my fault PT turbos fixed both turbos for free! I just got them back and im reworking the oil system and some other little stuff befor I go back to the dyno In a few weeks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.