Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; FINALLY! I just got a couple of emails from Peter and Vincent at Forgestar, providing ordering details on their Forgestar ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

FINALLY! I just got a couple of emails from Peter and Vincent at Forgestar, providing ordering details on their Forgestar F14 production run for the first generation Cadillac CTS-V. Right now, they're tooling up and their initial production run will be 20 units. Here are the essentials:

1. The wheels are 19x9" +40mm front (semi-concave) and 19x10 +42mm back (deep concave). Forgestar guarantees that they will fit any stock CTS-V. Using the 1010tires offset tool, I calculate that the front wheels will have 4mm less inner clearance versus OEM and extend an extra 8mm on the outside. The back wheels will extend in both directions by an additional 19mm. That's 5mm more clearance than the Linea Corse LC855. If you're lowered, you may want to have KillerNoodle set you up with a set of upgraded trailing arms. I've been rocking them for a month, and they're freaking solid (pictures here).

2. Available finishes are gloss black, matte black, gloss gunmetal, matte gunmetal, silver, race gold, and white (don't ask me why). Other finishes like titanium are available if we get at least 10 orders for it. All wheels include Forgestar wheel caps. Vincent said that he's looking into drilling the opening to accommodate larger Cadillac wheelcaps, but he's not hopeful.

3. Since these are flow-formed cast aluminum wheels, they are lighter and stronger than our stock, 25 lb, 18x8.5" +42mm wheels. Although I wasn't provided with official weights, thanks to teh internets (specifically the Camero forums), the the 19x9" and 19x10" wheels should weigh 24.1 and 24.7 lbs, respectively.

4. Pre-order price for a full set is $1499 shipped if you order before 03/31/2012, afterwhich the regular $1680 shipped price applies. If you want to get in on the pre-order, email Peter@Forgestar.com. They're asking for a 25% deposit up front and will wait to bill the other 75% when the wheels ship in mid May. If you can't make up your mind, wait for the official announcement on their website sometime next month, but you'll definitely be outside the pre-order discount window.

I think that's about it. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them, but you're probably better off emailing Peter directly. I've got a set of gloss gunmetal wheels on order for my infrared CTS-V. If you order something, tell us what finish you picked and what color your CTS-V is!

Gloss Gunmetal

Gloss Black

Titanium

Silver

Matte Black

Race Gold

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Motown Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Silver V Sport Susp.

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

Fuzzzy Thank you for all the effort you put in corresponding back n forth with Forgestar. But where's the white picture.....Just kidding

That is quite a deal "shipped" on the pre order. It looks like they had a fit mule after all huh? I'll be putting my order in after travel. Decisions, decisions...what goes better with silver. Gloss gunmetal or silver?

Crap. I mixed up the Titanium and Silver pictures. Fixed. Thanks for accidentally pointing that out.

Silver is awfully flat, like our OEM wheels. Titanium has the same hue, but it's a lot more reflective.

Ok I'm leaning towards the Titanium then. Although I have a weird feeling that the Gloss Gunmetal would complement a Silver V in a distinct way. They kind of have an Imron or chameleon effect. They're dark (but not too dark), then lighter when the light hits them. Kind of like 2 colors for the price of one.
    I wish a photo existed before i pulled the trigger. For now the safe play would be Titanium.

The problem is that you'll have to collect 10 people in order to get Forgestar to make titanium for the CTS-V. According to Vincent, it requires a 2 or 3 stage coating, and it carries with it a $40 price premium. If you really want that color, give Peter an email and see if they'll do it with fewer people. You might want to volunteer to throw them a couple of extra bucks to offset their material costs. I really wish I could try matte black, titanium, and gloss gunmetal on my infrared CTS-V. I'm torn between the three. What do you think?

Well that's the hard part, I wish we could "try" to see as well like the wheel tool on tire rack. Your color is so rare its hard for me to visualize. If I remember correctly, your red is more to the burgundy side vice ferrari red right? Some folks nail black rims to where they accent or highlight the cars color. But then there times where black rims draw too much attention when the blacked out look wasn't the attention. For my taste, matte black would draw down the red. Gloss Gunmetal is more "regal" for your color, but the Titanium might be too bright on the opposite spectrum. Again, I agree, I wish we could try. but for your color my choices are: 1. GGM, 2. Tit and 3. MB. Decisions, decisions......

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Damn, have a red V too and can't decide.

Stuck between GGM and Black. I can tell you for sure that silver and red is meh in my opinion. Chrome looks excellent which is why I'm keeping my stockers but a bitch to clean. I'd have taken chrome if they did one.

Who can photochop this up for us on a few V's.

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post

Who can photochop this up for us on a few V's.
    Ya Black on Black ??

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Those are some nice wheels at a great price.

There seems to be at least four people between LS1Tech and here that definitely want Titanium. If you're sure you want that color, let me know and I'll coordinate for both groups. Again, we need 10 people and there's a $40 price premium. You only have a week to make your thoughts heard, so speak up!

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

GET EXCITE!

I think I'm going for the gloss gunmetal for my red V.

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Good choice :thumbup:

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

The golds might look good on a red car though... blacked out grille would be necessary.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I'm down for the titanium ones. Silver V here. That looks like it would match pretty well.

Gold looks absolutely atrocious IMO.

danrob0123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 RAVEN CTS-V
    I'm thinking Titanium, but I won't have the money for these for a couple months at least, (sucks being a poor college student lol)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.