Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

201K views 385 replies 66 participants last post by  Nickster 
#1 · (Edited)
FINALLY! I just got a couple of emails from Peter and Vincent at Forgestar, providing ordering details on their Forgestar F14 production run for the first generation Cadillac CTS-V. Right now, they're tooling up and their initial production run will be 20 units. Here are the essentials:

1. The wheels are 19x9" +40mm front (semi-concave) and 19x10 +42mm back (deep concave). Forgestar guarantees that they will fit any stock CTS-V. Using the 1010tires offset tool, I calculate that the front wheels will have 4mm less inner clearance versus OEM and extend an extra 8mm on the outside. The back wheels will extend in both directions by an additional 19mm. That's 5mm more clearance than the Linea Corse LC855. If you're lowered, you may want to have KillerNoodle set you up with a set of upgraded trailing arms. I've been rocking them for a month, and they're freaking solid (pictures here).

2. Available finishes are gloss black, matte black, gloss gunmetal, matte gunmetal, silver, race gold, and white (don't ask me why). Other finishes like titanium are available if we get at least 10 orders for it. All wheels include Forgestar wheel caps. Vincent said that he's looking into drilling the opening to accommodate larger Cadillac wheelcaps, but he's not hopeful.

3. Since these are flow-formed cast aluminum wheels, they are lighter and stronger than our stock, 25 lb, 18x8.5" +42mm wheels. Although I wasn't provided with official weights, thanks to teh internets (specifically the Camero forums), the the 19x9" and 19x10" wheels should weigh 24.1 and 24.7 lbs, respectively.

4. Pre-order price for a full set is $1499 shipped if you order before 03/31/2012, afterwhich the regular $1680 shipped price applies. If you want to get in on the pre-order, email Peter@Forgestar.com. They're asking for a 25% deposit up front and will wait to bill the other 75% when the wheels ship in mid May. If you can't make up your mind, wait for the official announcement on their website sometime next month, but you'll definitely be outside the pre-order discount window.

I think that's about it. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them, but you're probably better off emailing Peter directly. I've got a set of gloss gunmetal wheels on order for my infrared CTS-V. If you order something, tell us what finish you picked and what color your CTS-V is!

Gloss Gunmetal

Gloss Black

Titanium

Silver

Matte Black

Race Gold

See less See more
#2 ·
Fuzzzy Thank you for all the effort you put in corresponding back n forth with Forgestar. But where's the white picture.....Just kidding:histeric:

That is quite a deal "shipped" on the pre order. It looks like they had a fit mule after all huh? I'll be putting my order in after travel. Decisions, decisions...what goes better with silver. Gloss gunmetal or silver?

#4 ·
Ok I'm leaning towards the Titanium then. Although I have a weird feeling that the Gloss Gunmetal would complement a Silver V in a distinct way. They kind of have an Imron or chameleon effect. They're dark (but not too dark), then lighter when the light hits them. Kind of like 2 colors for the price of one.
I wish a photo existed before i pulled the trigger. For now the safe play would be Titanium.

#5 ·
The problem is that you'll have to collect 10 people in order to get Forgestar to make titanium for the CTS-V. According to Vincent, it requires a 2 or 3 stage coating, and it carries with it a $40 price premium. If you really want that color, give Peter an email and see if they'll do it with fewer people. You might want to volunteer to throw them a couple of extra bucks to offset their material costs. I really wish I could try matte black, titanium, and gloss gunmetal on my infrared CTS-V. I'm torn between the three. What do you think?

#6 ·
Well that's the hard part, I wish we could "try" to see as well like the wheel tool on tire rack. Your color is so rare its hard for me to visualize. If I remember correctly, your red is more to the burgundy side vice ferrari red right? Some folks nail black rims to where they accent or highlight the cars color. But then there times where black rims draw too much attention when the blacked out look wasn't the attention. For my taste, matte black would draw down the red. Gloss Gunmetal is more "regal" for your color, but the Titanium might be too bright on the opposite spectrum. Again, I agree, I wish we could try. but for your color my choices are: 1. GGM, 2. Tit and 3. MB. Decisions, decisions......

#7 ·
Damn, have a red V too and can't decide.

Stuck between GGM and Black. I can tell you for sure that silver and red is meh in my opinion. Chrome looks excellent which is why I'm keeping my stockers but a bitch to clean. I'd have taken chrome if they did one.

Who can photochop this up for us on a few V's.

#10 ·
There seems to be at least four people between LS1Tech and here that definitely want Titanium. If you're sure you want that color, let me know and I'll coordinate for both groups. Again, we need 10 people and there's a $40 price premium. You only have a week to make your thoughts heard, so speak up!

#17 ·
Fuzzy,

Count me in on Titanium for sure! It's day one of the post, there should be ten after the weekend if LS1 helps... I hope.

I'll email and call Peter or Vincent and pull the trigger a week from today on the 30th.

Thank you for coordinating. My wife is on travel, that's when I do all my shopping heh heh.:shhh:

#19 ·
Okay, right now, we have five definite titanium buyers and two possibles (assuming that there aren't any duplicates between the forums). I might take one for the team and jump in if we got really close.

CaddilacForums:
- Motown Cad
- lollygagger8
- DRod

Possibles are ichpen, who said he would jump at chrome (maybe he doesn't realize how shiny titanium is) and danrob0123, who doesn't have the cash (maybe he'd be willing to put up the $375 deposit).

LS1Tech:
- dudesweet
- LAYGO

#44 ·
Fuzzy, are we still at only "four" Titaniums? Any movers on LS1? I have my heart set on Titanium after Drod's photoshop. That's what I needed to see. I will email tomorrow or Thursday after I know if there are any more sign ups. Might have to see if they're willing to do a half order if price is not to steep.

Thanks, Mike

#21 ·
ichpen said:
Damn, have a red V too and can't decide.

Stuck between GGM and Black. I can tell you for sure that silver and red is meh in my opinion. Chrome looks excellent which is why I'm keeping my stockers but a bitch to clean. I'd have taken chrome if they did one.

Who can photochop this up for us on a few V's.
Go with glossy gunmetal and don't look back!

----------

And all Black Ravens should have Titanium...

#39 ·
DRod, you have mad photoshop skills! Those are awesome!

Fuzzy, I notice alot of burnout and skid marks on the pavement of that lot. Could they be yours :yup:

----------

My god, so that's what a real bona-fide Starship looks like. Oh yeah that was a close second on my license plate.....STRSHIP1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.