Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I switched my order to brushed titanium. It's clearcoated. Win win for me. Shinier (because I like the chrome ish ...
    ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

I switched my order to brushed titanium. It's clearcoated. Win win for me. Shinier (because I like the chrome ish look) and I don't have to spend 8 hours polishing them.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Why the F didn't they tell us there were two different finishes of Titanium>?!??!?

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

lolly: Based on what I was told by Vincent and Peter, if you ordered "titamium", you got the two-stage (darker) color based on the examples from the previous page. The lighter color is silver...not titanium. You may want to follow up with them directly to be sure. That's what I did, and that's when they told me titanium = two-stage.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Update from Peter:

The first of the F14’s wont be here til mid May and the Titanium’s will ship first. There is no exact date of when they will ship we just know sometime mid may.

From: Peter @ Forgestar Wheels [mailtoeter@forgestar.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:42 PM
    To: Shane
    Subject: Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels for CTS-V

What we are bringing in for our initial release is the Titanium not the Brushed Titanium. Yes the Brushed Titanium is brighter because it is a diamond cut machined finish with silver powdercoat in between the spokes.

Here's hoping the Titanium looks as sexy on the car as it does in the pics.

Peter @ Forgestar just emailed me and asked me to relay a question to those of you who ordered (or plan to order) titanium wheels.

Forgestar makes two types of titanium finishes: titanium, which is a 2 stage powdercoat with a black basecoat and silver on top, and brushed titanium, which is a two-stage machined finish with silver powdercoat between the wheels. Pictures below. The brushed titanium finish was never offered, yet, some people still tried to order it.

Regular Titanium Finish

Brushed Titanium Finish

If you ordered titanium wheels, please write me back and let me know which set of wheels you assumed you would be getting. Peter is looking to establish a headcount.

Sooner-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V / Platinum

I ordered Titanium thinking it was the Brushed Titanium. I suppose this kind of thing can happen when placing an order based soley on pictures from the web. Some Titanium images out there are lighter, some darker and some in between. When I saw the great photoshop image that DRod did with the silver V and Titanium wheels I thought that was what I had ordered and certainly what I expected to receive. I did not realize until recently that there are two types of Titanium. I just hope that we can get this resolved so that everyone gets the wheels they want. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Peter @ Forgestar just emailed me and asked me to relay a question to those of you who ordered (or plan to order) titanium wheels.

Forgestar makes two types of titanium finishes: titanium, which is a 2 stage powdercoat with a black basecoat and silver on top, and brushed titanium, which is a two-stage machined finish with silver powdercoat between the wheels. Pictures below. The brushed titanium finish was never offered, yet, some people still tried to order it.

Regular Titanium Finish

Brushed Titanium Finish

If you ordered titanium wheels, please write me back and let me know which set of wheels you assumed you would be getting. Peter is looking to establish a headcount.

Brushed, also cross posted on ls1tech.... I want brushed...

Peter did confirm to me long ago that my order was changed.

Ya, I thought they would be brushed. Oh well.

From Peter, relayed by Ichpen:

"Hello everyone,

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion on the forums of which finish was originally talked about I looked at the threads that Ryan started and there was no mention of “Brushed Titanium”. He posted up a Black 4 Door M3 with Titanium with the words titanium below so I don’t know how some where assuming they were getting the Brushed Titanium. We want to get a head count before the wheels are finished so we know how many wheels to bring in. Titanium is a 2 stage powdercoat that has a black basecoat with silver ontop http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickelsvision/6855344026/ or the Brushed Titanium with is a 2 tone machined face with silver powdercoat in between the spokes http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickelsvision/6680440049/

Please let me know so we can make the changes accordingly."

Peter Chaney | Forgestar Wheels
    peter@forgestar.com
    www.forgestar.com
    www.forgestar.com/blog"

So get in contact with Peter to revise/confirm your titanium order.

Quote Originally Posted by DRod View Post
    Silver with titanium...

So does this photchopped pic have a darker titanium on the front and a brushed titanium on the back?

Maayybe. Pretty sure the rear looks like the brushed kind. I'm looking through forgeline's picture gallery to figure out which pic was used.

Lolly, you got a silver V right? I think you can't go wrong with either finishes.

On a red V I still say you gotta say go bright/chrome or super matte black. Stuff in between doesn't do it for me. I'm actually more interested in the clearcoating as last time I polished wheels I was learning to drive.

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

I'm betting that's the brushed titanium on that photoshop. I think the photo I used just says "titanium"...no specifics.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Titanium -------------> Stock Hypersilver Wheels (black base coat gives depth)
    Brushed Titanium -----> GM Accessory Polished Wheels (with the exception of the painted windows)

Just conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    Titanium -------------> Stock Hypersilver Wheels (black base coat gives depth)
    Brushed Titanium -----> GM Accessory Polished Wheels (with the exception of the painted windows)

Just conjecture.
    I have the GM polished wheels. They aren't even close to these as far as finish.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.