Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by sssnake Fuzzy Thanks for the feedback. That was what I was looking for... Agreed on wanting some ...
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Fuzzy

Thanks for the feedback. That was what I was looking for... Agreed on wanting some oversteer but with my current setup ( GC and FG2s with stock sways) the fronts seem firmly planted ( not really near breaking loose) while the rear is long gone. These Falkens tend to scream at you before they completely let go. The fronts were dead silent and the rears were begging for mercy.

One of the weirdest and most unsettling experiences was driving Cherohala. They have an unusual asphalt surface (starting about 25% into the ride from the NC side) that has periodic rises that remind me of driving over expansion joints in concrete highways. Going through the sweeping curves at speed you could actually watch the rear end walk to the outside of the curve when I hit those rises. The fronts never flinched. It caused me to constantly readjust my line through the curve and also forced me to come in tighter than I would normally.

Before I get too bent out if shape on this I want to get new rubber on the car and re-examine the GC setup. I could be chasing something that is really nothing more than an adjustment/maintenance issue.

Silver F14s and hankooks will get ordered tonight. Once I get those dialed in I will re-evaluate the sways. Again thanks for the info.
    I'd highly recommend a better tire than the ventus V12 if you plan do do any sort of track time. I had them on my car at Thunderhill raceway and after one session they were gumming up and pretty trashed. They do not handle heat well and start to get very greasy and let go when you ride them hard. My car was pushing excessively in the corners. By the end of the day (i only got 2 sessions in) they were very beat up and I swapped them out when I got back with conti extreme contacts DW. If you want a good Hankook tire get the RS-3's.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Saying "ExtremeContact" is not sufficient since there is a huge difference between the DW and DWS. I would never run the DW because it hydroplanes dangerously once you get below 50% tread life. And yeah te RS-3 is solid if you want a set of track tires.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I would consider the rs-3s more of a aggressive summer street tire (they aren't a dedicated track tire) where as the ventus v12s are a summer grand touring tire which are fine for the occasional canyon road but not much more. Granted you get as much life on the tire but that is the price you pay for grip.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Again thanks for all of the information. I'm guess I'm glad I had internet problems at the hotel as I haven't ordered the tires yet. Rims, headers, and cats only. This is my daily driver but I do want to do want to track the car occasionally. The price difference and longevity of the RS-3s makes me think I might want a dedicated set for the track but that would mean another set of the rims.... or just stick with the stockers for daily....

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I would suggest you use the stockers for the track, simply to keep tire costs down. With very few exceptions, 18" tires are going to be cheaper than 19" tires, and the difference in price is typically pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Body roll was almost nonexistent (not sure why so many are running the Hotchkis sways).
    While these cars may not roll as much as a minivan, I think you'd be surprised how much body roll there is if you saw an external picture of your car mid-corner. And sway bars aren't just about body roll, they're useful for adjusting the handling balance.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    For what it's worth, the Hotchkis sway bar kit seems to reduce oversteer versus the stock sway bars.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    You definitely want the rear wheels to break free before the front wheels because you still have steering. When the front goes, you're done.
    It doesn't matter much if the front wheels still have steering when you're going backwards. That's why most cars are tuned to understeer - it may not be as quick in the hands of a professional, but it's safer in the hands of the 99% of us who aren't professionals.

4doorocket is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

That's just a sick pic!!!

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Any word on the center caps??

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

I emailed those guys. I'll keep you posted.

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Any of you new f14 owners happen to have a chrome 7 spoke Cadillac wheel you'd part with?

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

We are still working on the engineer drawings right now. As soon as we approved the drawings and go into production we will make announcement.

Forgestar
    Got this yesterday. If you can't wait, do what I originally proposed, and what Fuzzy already did...saws all to the axle shaft.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Here's some brushed look style for you.

285s out back, 245s out front.

Pillow and Pillow like this.

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

if this is breaking any rules please delete but i have a set of piano black for sale in the classifieds

incubusjunkie614 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post

285s out back, 245s out front.

are you lowered? any rubbing issues?

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by incubusjunkie614 View Post
    I'm a little lowered, no rubbing. Running conti dw summers which are I think slightly on the larger side comparatively speaking.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by incubusjunkie614 View Post
    I'm a little lowered, no rubbing. Running conti dw summers which are I think slightly on the larger side comparatively speaking.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    Are these the Silver ones, or Titanium?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.