Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What's going on with the center caps? Any update? I emailed Peter for an update and got no response....
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

What's going on with the center caps? Any update? I emailed Peter for an update and got no response.

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Daylight pictures (per request) coming this weekend.

In unrelated news, I should have threads regarding SRP pedals, 12W side markers, 4.0" HPS intake tubing, and the Mike Norris catch can this weekend as well. At some point I should write a huge build guide with an Excel parts list, but I'm not sure anyone would read it.
    What are these things you speak of?

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Wheels look great! I'm considering these and using my OEM as a track set. Anyone looking to sell their stockers? PM me

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    What are these things you speak of?
    Keep an eye out...I'll post up threads and pictures as they become available. Right now, I'm trying to get the car cleaned up so that I can post daylight Forgestar F14 pictures this weekend.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

So has anyone commented on the performance improvement provided with this setup (couldn't find anything)? After running the dragon last week I want more rubber under the car and it is time for new tires. I know most of us don't have access to a skidpad so subjective impressions are just fine.

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

Order your set from us! Still offering the best price for our V1 guys.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    So has anyone commented on the performance improvement provided with this setup (couldn't find anything)? After running the dragon last week I want more rubber under the car and it is time for new tires. I know most of us don't have access to a skidpad so subjective impressions are just fine.
    These look to me that they stick outside of the fender well. More width is good which increases the friction coefficient but not so sure if there would be rubbing. My fear is that I would have to roll the fenders...even with good suspension there is a chance of rubbing, you still some dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Keep an eye out...I'll post up threads and pictures as they become available. Right now, I'm trying to get the car cleaned up so that I can post daylight Forgestar F14 pictures this weekend.
    Be sure to post some links here.

I can tell you from my recent trip to the Dragon my 265/40/R18 Pilot Super Sports were a vast improvement over the 255/45/R18 Toyo T1R I was running. The car was planted and never broke loose.

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    These look to me that they stick outside of the fender well. More width is good which increases the friction coefficient but not so sure if there would be rubbing. My fear is that I would have to roll the fenders...even with good suspension there is a chance of rubbing, you still some dampening.
    There's been zero rubbing so far. The wheels don't stick out of the fender well at all. In fact they're just inside of the outermost part of the well. I'm running 275/35-19s on the rear, which offers nearly the exact diameter of a stock wheel. Doing this helps ensure that you don't rub. Not sure about the guys using 285s, although I haven't heard anything negative so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    I can tell you from my recent trip to the Dragon my 265/40/R18 Pilot Super Sports were a vast improvement over the 255/45/R18 Toyo T1R I was running. The car was planted and never broke loose.
    I was running 245/45/R18 Falken Ziexs with not a lot of tread left (not to the wear bars until the end of the week) but oversteer was consistently an issue on both the Dragon and Cherohala. I never lost it but the rears always seemed to break loose first. It could be the new ground control suspension isn't dialed in right but it is set with rake eliminated and at 26.5" inches to the top of the fender (if I remember correctly - I used the suggestion for optimal handling from the FAQ site). I don't know maybe the fronts settled more than the rear or something (installed for one week prior to my trip).

We were beating on it very hard as on multiple trips we either didn't see any traffic or just met a few sport bikes (it was a blast). The only concerns were the stability control was kicking in on lots of curves in competitive driving mode. With stabilitrack completely defeated the rear was always looser than the front. Body roll was almost nonexistent (not sure why so many are running the Hotchkis sways). Again we were running it pretty hot (several runs where we never saw less than 35 on the speedo). Maybe i am expecting too much from a 3800 plus pound car in the twisties.

Given I have some curb rash on the stockers and i need to replace tires I guess I am going to give these a try.

I'll provide real impressions later, because I'm still dialing in my Ground Control setup with these wheels, but the 285 rear tires will rub on the fender if you let them. I have only have a small fraction of a degree of negative camber in the rear, and I'm going to check my settings this weekend. I'm pushing past 1.15 lateral G on my Hankook Ventus tire / Hotchkis sway / 650-700 in-lb / FG2 setup, and my only complaint is that something in the rear subframe has a tendency to shift under 1.05+ G, which is unnerving. Planning on ordering BMR toe rods and TiC trailing arm bushings to see if that helps.

For what it's worth, the Hotchkis sway bar kit seems to reduce oversteer versus the stock sway bars. You definitely want the rear wheels to break free before the front wheels because you still have steering. When the front goes, you're done.

Fuzzy

Thanks for the feedback. That was what I was looking for... Agreed on wanting some oversteer but with my current setup ( GC and FG2s with stock sways) the fronts seem firmly planted ( not really near breaking loose) while the rear is long gone. These Falkens tend to scream at you before they completely let go. The fronts were dead silent and the rears were begging for mercy.

One of the weirdest and most unsettling experiences was driving Cherohala. They have an unusual asphalt surface (starting about 25% into the ride from the NC side) that has periodic rises that remind me of driving over expansion joints in concrete highways. Going through the sweeping curves at speed you could actually watch the rear end walk to the outside of the curve when I hit those rises. The fronts never flinched. It caused me to constantly readjust my line through the curve and also forced me to come in tighter than I would normally.

Before I get too bent out if shape on this I want to get new rubber on the car and re-examine the GC setup. I could be chasing something that is really nothing more than an adjustment/maintenance issue.

Silver F14s and hankooks will get ordered tonight. Once I get those dialed in I will re-evaluate the sways. Again thanks for the info.

Presence Distribution is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 09 V

Ready when you are for the order!

Fuzzy

Thanks for the feedback. That was what I was looking for... Agreed on wanting some oversteer but with my current setup ( GC and FG2s with stock sways) the fronts seem firmly planted ( not really near breaking loose) while the rear is long gone. These Falkens tend to scream at you before they completely let go. The fronts were dead silent and the rears were begging for mercy.

One of the weirdest and most unsettling experiences was driving Cherohala. They have an unusual asphalt surface (starting about 25% into the ride from the NC side) that has periodic rises that remind me of driving over expansion joints in concrete highways. Going through the sweeping curves at speed you could actually watch the rear end walk to the outside of the curve when I hit those rises. The fronts never flinched. It caused me to constantly readjust my line through the curve and also forced me to come in tighter than I would normally.

Before I get too bent out if shape on this I want to get new rubber on the car and re-examine the GC setup. I could be chasing something that is really nothing more than an adjustment/maintenance issue.

Silver F14s and hankooks will get ordered tonight. Once I get those dialed in I will re-evaluate the sways. Again thanks for the info.
    Keep in mind that there are more than a few "silver" finishes. I suspect that the "walking out" problem is due to the rear subframe bushings. Unfortunately, the only upgrade available is for the 04-05 subframe, not the 06-07 subframe. Here's the link:

http://www.spectergtr.com/mm5/mercha...gory_Code=C278

I will add that the 285s are hard to break free with my power levels, and when they do (first time today over the top of a wet hill), they seem to settle down smoothly and predictably. I owe people a drive video with the TRuTorq L3 cam, which I'm hoping to do this weekend. If I'm lucky, it'll help you guys out too, as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.