Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Nope f14's for me. But they said they can cf5's that will fit my car and I like those too. ...
    ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

Nope f14's for me. But they said they can cf5's that will fit my car and I like those too. So now it's deciding on gloss, matte, or textured black on a black raven car.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvoom View Post
    Nope f14's for me. But they said they can cf5's that will fit my car and I like those too. So now it's deciding on gloss, matte, or textured black on a black raven car.
    Who said they were making CF5s?

Okay, I feel bad for making people wait, so I grabbed the camera when I went to get gas tonight. The usual disclaimer applies: the car is filthy. It rained last night while the car was up on jacks and splattered crap all over the wheels and everything else.

For those of you who wanted B&W pictures to get a feel for whether or not the wheels look good with a black raven CTS-V, open the following three links: picture 1, picture 2, and picture 3.

I'll take more pictures when I finish up these upgrades and wash the car. Probably around this time next weekend. By the way, the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires are un-freaking believably quiet. Thus far, I love 'em!

By the way, cutting 3 threads off the end of the axle stubs with a Sawzall is sufficient to achieve a great fit with the standard Forgestar center caps.

Beautiful car!

What size tires are you running with yours Fuzzy? I'd rather have tires I can rotate but might not be an option at this point. Can't find any 18's to fit so far.

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvoom View Post
    What size tires are you running with yours Fuzzy? I'd rather have tires I can rotate but might not be an option at this point. Can't find any 18's to fit so far.
    He went with 245/45-19 in front and 285?/35-19 in the rear. Hankook Ventus V12s. I used the exact same setup except I used 275/35-19 in the rear. Love the tires. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by DRod View Post
    He went with 245/45-19 in front and 285?/35-19 in the rear. Hankook Ventus V12s. I used the exact same setup except I used 275/35-19 in the rear. Love the tires. Highly recommend.
    Almost right. 245/40-19" in the front and 285/35-19" in the rear. Target outer diameter is 26.7". With the 285 in the rear, it looks a little bulgy compared to the 275. Don't know if it'll rub with stock trailing arms because I have level 3 Killernoodle TAs.

DRod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS

That's what I meant. =)

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

When do we get some real pictures? Also do those headlights keep the glass ellipsoid lens element?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

6 halos really haha frankly, I think you deserve an award for managing to shoehorn almost every possible chintzy modification into one package...

get rid of the chrome grill surround.. looks tacky with the rest Blacked out
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    6 halos really haha frankly, I think you deserve an award for managing to shoehorn almost every possible chintzy modification into one package...

Uh oh, another hater in the thread!

lollygagger8 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    Uh oh, another hater in the thread!
    Since when is sharing an opinion being a hater? Fuzzy $hits all over a bunch of people's threads so he must be a hater too, huh? Actually he $hit on the way my 285's looked bulky on mine, and his look exactly the same. lolz

The black rims looks good shiny. If it was matte, it would be fail. I still think gold will be way too cheesy looking, but I'll reserve judgement until I see pics.

Speaking of pics, post up daytime pics Fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post

I love how you've been stewing about my critique of your modifications for the last few months... enough to save my post and paste it back at me.

BMW style CCFL halos are such an easy target, just like Audi style LED eyelids. It's easy to call it an imitation, forgetting that those features are being rapidly copied by everyone--they're fast becoming the norm. And besides, when I turn on my quad 4300k 55w projection lights, you'll never see the halos.

So in reality, I have the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Since when is sharing an opinion being a hater? Fuzzy $hits all over a bunch of people's threads so he must be a hater too, huh? Actually he $hit on the way my 285's looked bulky on mine, and his look exactly the same. lolz

Speaking of pics, post up daytime pics Fuzzy.
    I bought my 285s before you. And yeah, they DO look too chunky. I love how commiseration gets interpreted as crapping on someone's value as a person. If I wanted to do that, you'd know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.