Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by xbladr Fuzzy if I sell my 20's id love to go with those but cant unless i ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    Fuzzy if I sell my 20's id love to go with those but cant unless i get the 20's to sell
    No offense, but those wheels that you're selling look like they went through a rock grinder. Based on the damage that you reported, I'd be surprised if you could get $200 for the whole set. If that's the way you treat your wheels, I can't imagine the F14s lasting you a week. Their finish is as delicate (if not more delicate) than your car's clearcoat. A normal rag will scratch them. You have to use microfiber.

Not trying to be offensive--just trying to provide a reality check and save you a whole lot of heartache.

Huge picture link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...hotobucket.jpg

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Fuzzy no its def cool i completely understand where you are coming from. I picked those up as they are there. They were already like that I got them planning on sand blasting them fixing them up with all metal filler then powdercoating I just havent gotten around to it. It is not so much money to invest in fixing them it is TIME. On a side note if the finish is that delicate then i would probably avoid them anyways.

The pitting is because of low end chrome which will be blasted away and the couple of marks on the lip is from poor parking i assume. I may end up just doing that this winter when I get some free time. The real deal is there is 1k in tires and tpms sensors there. The wheels would be let go for cheap with someone having the same intention as me. I never expect to get full money i just tossed them up there seeing if anyone was as ambitious as I was once. Work and the woman has limited my free time lol.

Fuzzy no its def cool i completely understand where you are coming from. I picked those up as they are there. They were already like that I got them planning on sand blasting them fixing them up with all metal filler then powdercoating I just havent gotten around to it. It is not so much money to invest in fixing them it is TIME. On a side note if the finish is that delicate then i would probably avoid them anyways.

The pitting is because of low end chrome which will be blasted away and the couple of marks on the lip is from poor parking i assume. I may end up just doing that this winter when I get some free time. The real deal is there is 1k in tires and tpms sensors there. The wheels would be let go for cheap with someone having the same intention as me. I never expect to get full money i just tossed them up there seeing if anyone was as ambitious as I was once. Work and the woman has limited my free time lol.
    Cars > Chicks /sarcasm

I know how that goes. I hoped to have everything done this weekend, but got sidetracked by experimentation with coatings for my foglamps. That said, I still made good progress (mostly because my car is my girlfriend at the present)--new foglamps installed, turn signals work, CCFL halos work, but I have to get different HIDs for the projector. Also prepped by bumper for being repainted, installed a 160 degree thermostat, flushed the radiator, and installed the 9500ci receiver inside my grille. Once I finish the 9500ci installation, get the foglamps correctly aimed, install the ball-bearing shifter bushing, and get the 3.5" intake silicon tubing installed, I'll be free to throw the F14s on the car and take pictures for you guys. I also owe people in-car video footage with the TRuTorq L3 cam (sorry for the wait, Hamstar).

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Damn dude you have been keeping yourself busy I wish I could find that kind of time lol. I cant wait to see it all done the wheels look amazing. If you get your fogs working and ever decide to do a second set keep me posted. Again it is something I would love to get to but, I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Damn dude you have been keeping yourself busy I wish I could find that kind of time lol. I cant wait to see it all done the wheels look amazing. If you get your fogs working and ever decide to do a second set keep me posted. Again it is something I would love to get to but, I just don't see it happening any time soon.
    Well, I might do a second set since I have enough raw materials to do it. I learned a lot the first time through, and plan on improving on it. Unfortunately, it's pretty ridiculously expensive, since the projection halos are $70, the raw materials are $40, and then on top of that you'll need some high-end 13W 3157s ($35), H3 HIDs with ballasts, and wiring. You're probably looking at $300 out the door.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Uh oh... I hear the haters coming.....

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    Uh oh... I hear the haters coming.....

What color is that?

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Killer...lemme know when you get those installed...I'll come up and check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    What color is that?
    Race gold. They look surprisingly good on red cars, but seem to work on a range of different colors. I think they'll set the car off nicely.

I think they'll look sexy on my Red V.

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Killer...lemme know when you get those installed...I'll come up and check em out!
    Yeah man! I should have them on sometime this week.

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Well when do we get to see some pictures?

When I get the tires mounted and the wheels put on the car. I've already prepped the car by cutting the ends of the driveshafts off so the flush center caps will fit.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

When I get the tires mounted and the wheels put on the car. I've already prepped the car by cutting the ends of the axleshafts off so the flush center caps will fit.
    Fixed. Whew

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Here's a video of my platinum Forgestars in motion. Brake dust colored rims FTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1N33Vf81M
    Manofmetal01 and Manofmetal01 like this.

When I get the tires mounted and the wheels put on the car. I've already prepped the car by cutting the ends of the driveshafts off so the flush center caps will fit.
    Any doubt regarding Killernoodle's sanity has now been, sadly, confirmed. First the wheels, then the driveshaft. At least I got a good set of trailing arms before he went off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Here's a video of my platinum Forgestars in motion. Brake dust colored rims FTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1N33Vf81M
    I like the sunset, the sound... and the wheels. Wheels were just an afterthought, right?
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Fixed. Whew
    Oh crap, I was supposed to trim the axles and not the driveshaft?

lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.