Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; killernoodle...clear out your PM box. Trying to send you one....
    FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)

killernoodle...clear out your PM box. Trying to send you one.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

This is taking forever!!!

Anybody get an update???

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I just want to see what they actually look like on a car.
    Overd0s3 and Overd0s3 like this.

Ya, ME TOO!

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

EDIT: Forgestar just sent us pics of the wheels being machined. It seems we are closing in on our delivery date finally.

From: forgestarwheels@gmail.com [mailto:forgestarwheels@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Forgestar Wheels
    Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 2:36 PM
    To: ALL
    Subject: Re: Finish options

To All Cadilac CTS-V Groupbuy Members,

Here are some pictures of your batch of wheels in the production process. We are almost finished with all the machining process for all the orders. We are on schedule to finish all production by the end of this week and then off to finishing. Thank you for your patience with this groupbuy. The team here at Forgestar is glad to be able to give you CTS-V owners a custom lightweight solution for your vehicles.

For all members who choose titanium please email us to confirm before the end of the week if you want brushed titanium or titanium color. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to give us a call or email.

For reference

Brushed Titanium
    http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/porschemachined.jpg
    http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/p...chinedside.jpg

Titanium
    http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/f14titaniumnew.jpg
    http://www.forgestar.com/blog/pics/f...niumdetail.jpg

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V | 07 Aprilia Tuono R

Wheels look great! Is 24 pounds considered lightweight these days or lightweight for 19's perhaps? Are the stock wheels not in this neighborhood 24-25 pounds?

martinV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V
    I cant wait to see the titanium ones on a platnium V. If they look good then ill buy them asap. I just hope theres no issues with the lowered Vs.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
    Wheels look great! Is 24 pounds considered lightweight these days or lightweight for 19's perhaps? Are the stock wheels not in this neighborhood 24-25 pounds?
    To paraphrase myself from the very first post: the stock 18x8.5" wheels weigh 25 lbs. The the 19x9" and 19x10" Forgestar F14 wheels should weigh 24.1 and 24.7 lbs, respectively.

Just purchased tires. Did a price comparison between several vendors, including Tire Rack and Discount Tire. Jesse @ Discount Tire beat Tire Rack on the phone. Paid $724, including shipping, for two 245/40-19 and two 285/35-19 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires. Tire Rack (next lowest price) was $902 including shipping.

Now I need to find a good set of lugs. Recommendations? I'm thinking chrome or burnt black and red, but I haven't decided anything yet, really. Anyone have experience with aluminum lugs?

I'm probably going to step up to that size fronts, I'm hoping the extra sidewall will preserve the rim a little better. Do you have Jesse's extension? I'd like to jump in on that deal!

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    I'm probably going to step up to that size fronts, I'm hoping the extra sidewall will preserve the rim a little better. Do you have Jesse's extension? I'd like to jump in on that deal!
    Jesse's phone number at Discount Tire is (800) 589-6789 x51820. I'm not sure if he'll give you the same price unless you jump through the price match hoops on their website. It's kind of a long shot, but he might remember the price match he did for me if you tell him that you're a friend of Ryan's and you're also running a Cadillac CTS-V with the new, custom Forgestar F14 wheels.

FWIW, the 40% profile Ventus V12 puts you at 26.7" OD, which is where you're supposed to be in the first place.

Oh, and don't forget about the $80 off MIR that Hankook is doing.

04SilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

So I'm catching up with the details on this thread and realize that I may have missed the boat slightly. I'm thinking of purchasing a set after the fact but I have some questions that some of you may have answers for.

-Are any of you guys lowered? Specifically using H&R springs and MM spacers?
    -From what I've read these rims should have more clearance to the trailing arm, correct?
    -What is everyone planning to do for hardware/lugs?

Thanks in advance,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by 04SilverV View Post
    So I'm catching up with the details on this thread and realize that I may have missed the boat slightly. I'm thinking of purchasing a set after the fact but I have some questions that some of you may have answers for.

-Are any of you guys lowered? Specifically using H&R springs and MM spacers?
    -From what I've read these rims should have more clearance to the trailing arm, correct?
    -What is everyone planning to do for hardware/lugs?

Thanks in advance,
    John
    I'm very significantly lowered on Ground Control bushings and custom 8" Eibach 650 lb-in springs.

These wheels will have less clearance to the trailing arms than stock, but a few millimeters more than Linea Corse LC855 wheels that definitely rub. It's anyone's guess as to whether you'll rub during hard cornering with stock trailing arms.

Hardware wise, Forgestar recommends 245/40-19 and 275/35-19 tires. You might be able to do 255 tires in front if you're at stock height. Otherwise, I think you're going to have to run 245s. Stock with 275s in the rear unless you have aftermarket trailing arms.

The wheels come with Forgestar end caps. The Cadillac ones won't fit because they're too big. I'm going with Gorilla keyed lug nuts.

Bump!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.