Middle of clutch install, how does the top right front bellhousing bolt come out???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Middle of clutch install, how does the top right front bellhousing bolt come out??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I got to the top center bolt from the top through the engine bay. But the top right bolt seems ...
    mlimanti is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Middle of clutch install, how does the top right front bellhousing bolt come out???

I got to the top center bolt from the top through the engine bay. But the top right bolt seems absolutely impossible to get to because it is so damn close to the firewall. I have tried every ratchet and wrench I own. Whats the trick???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    I had my friend pull up on the front of the motor to tilt it to gain access. I was pulling the motor so I had all of the accessories off the front. Not sure if this will help or not.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

Re: Middle of clutch install, how does the top right front bellhousing bolt come out?

doing it with a 24" extension with a swivel and the tranny brace removed right?? go mine out with that.

Bueller is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Middle of clutch install, how does the top right front bellhousing bolt come out?

Jack under front of motor to tilt back down. Long extensions w swivel sockets.

mlimanti is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks guys, gonna try the motor tilt.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Loooonnnng extensions.

Did you read this?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-install.html

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Stock clutch in there?

Have fun getting the bell out... Turn, yank, turn, cuss, yank, yank, cuss, cuss more, tell wife everything is ok, cuss, yank turn, un-jam, turn, flip out.

I gave up.. ended up unbolting the pp, let the disc drop out, then let the pp drop out, then unbolted the fw, and let the whole thing fall out.

Putting stock clutch back in? (probably not, I'm the only fool who did that) If so, the best method I found is hanging like a monkey from the cats and pushing up/balance assembly on feet, push and twist also with your feet. Enjoy.

howanicm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v
    Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Stock clutch in there?

Have fun getting the bell out... Turn, yank, turn, cuss, yank, yank, cuss, cuss more, tell wife everything is ok, cuss, yank turn, un-jam, turn, flip out.

I gave up.. ended up unbolting the pp, let the disc drop out, then let the pp drop out, then unbolted the fw, and let the whole thing fall out.

Putting stock clutch back in? (probably not, I'm the only fool who did that) If so, the best method I found is hanging like a monkey from the cats and pushing up/balance assembly on feet, push and twist also with your feet. Enjoy.
    I ended up denting the firewall to make enough room to get the bell housing out haha. Dont remind me of that horrible experience.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

It may actually be easier to drop the whole subframe to do the clutch LOL

Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Did you ever figure out how to get that damn bolt out? Im stuck on it right now and don't want to round that thing off. It doesnt seem like I can get a socket or swivel or anything in there with a deepwell on it to clear that stud. Long box wrench or something or am I just missing something completely?

HELP

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Looooong extension did the trick for me!

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Looooong extension did the trick for me!
    Are you talking about the bellhousing bolt or the transmission bolts? Doesnt seem like an extension would help any...

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Can't you get to it from the engine bay? Been so long I can't remember.

You can get the top and the top left from there, but the right one is under the battery box and nested in a pile of wires and sandwiched between the cats and the firewall.

I got it out though - stubby combo wrench to the rescue! Now I just need to figure out how to fish the bellhousing out of there. Man was that beast stuck to the block. Damn those pins!

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Sorry yeah engine bay you can easily access it from the top

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.