Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

41K views 178 replies 46 participants last post by  06CadiCtsv 
#1 · (Edited)
So as stated in the other thread here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/241681-wide-wheels-rubbing-your-trailing-arms.html I'm going to be building these for forum members.

Prices include US shipping:

LEVEL .5 : $225 ($150 when core refunded) Sets In stock: 0
Stock arms with Ballistic Fabrication flex joint. No kink, fits stock wheels. Powder coated in your choice of: Black, Silver, White, Clear (natural metal color), or Burgundy

LEVEL 1 : $200 ($125 when core refunded) Sets In stock: 1
Stock arms with stock bushings. Mild kink in the arm for 19+" x 10" wide wheels to easily clear. Only the best cores I get will use this option as I want you guys to have good factory bushings. These might be limited in supply because I'm not going to sell arms with rotten bushings. Check with me before sending the paypal. Painted black rather than powder coated because I can't put the parts in an oven with the rubber bushings.

LEVEL 2: $350 ($275 when core refunded) Sets In Stock: 1
Stock arms with Ballistic Fabrication flex joints (beefy!!!). Mild kink in the arm for 19+" x 10" wide wheels to easily clear. Powder coated in your choice of: Black, Silver, White, Clear (natural metal color), or Burgundy (those are the powders I got :))

LEVEL 3: $TBA
Will be custom arms, for those wanting to run much wider wheels. I don't have anything wider than 10", so I have no idea yet how much it will take to make ridiculous wheels fit. If anyone has any other wheel sizes they are interested in fitting, let me know and I'll see if I can make it work. Right now, I think most people are just having problems with the Linea Corse wheels fitting.

CORE REFUND: $75 Sets In Stock: 0
Sell me your cores! I need these to keep this going. Even if you aren't buying arms.

If you are interested in a set, there will be a little queue here and status updates on how many cores I have, how many I need, and general progress reports. Keep in mind guys, I have a day job, a slow core supply chain, and a small shop. Order time will be lengthy, but you will get your parts.

First come, first served. Paypal to reinigrauer@gmail.com with your forum handle, color request (for level 2) and whether or not you will have a core coming back. Please put this in the notes in paypal!!! It helps me keep track of who got theirs in the forum. No need to PM, my box will just become overrun. I'll update in this thread.

ORDER QUEUE
1. FuzzyLogic (thanks for all you've done man!) - Level 2
2. rand49er - Level 2

See less See more
#88 ·
This was with the Linea Corse wheels. 19x8.5 and 19x10. I'm not sure how accurate the G meter is, but I was a little surprised at the reading too.

----------

Did you send these with signature required? UPS keeps putting notes on my door saying I missed signing a package at work, I think this might be that box since I haven't received the arms yet. It looks like I'm going to have to pick it up at the processing facility.

For future reference, I have a day job and I'm never home to sign for anything when they roll by. :)

#82 ·
Is it possible that you began cornering harder than you had been before due to the improved traction provided by the bigger wheels?
Nope. I'm only very rarely close to the limit of cornering. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is that my ears just weren't tuned into hearing that particular sound ... as hard as it is to believe since after I started hearing that scrapping, that's the ONLY thing I could hear.

#83 ·
I have a 250 yard long, 135 degree offramp on my commute to work. On the stock wheels, BFG G-force KDW 2's, and stock height, the greatest minimum speed I could maintain was 46 mph. With the car lowered by about 1.5", that minimum speed rose to 52 mph before I felt like the car was going to fly off the road. Now, with Eibach sway bars, I'm up to 56 mph (typical drivers bottom out at 32-35 mph). The tires are squealing constantly now, and if I hit this little uneven patch, the car jumps a foot to the right. 0.96 on the G-meter (not my best--there's a 1.00-1.02 right-hand turn on my way home). I can't wait for my Forgestar F14s to arrive. If I didn't have the Killernoodle arms, I'd immediately tear those wheels to shreds.

#84 ·
My commute home has a wonderful on ramp on it. .95 G yesterday, but the record is 1.11 G this is on stock suspension w/ bald Conti Extreme Contact tyres. Mounting the Toyo T1S is waiting for wheels to arrive can't wait to see what I can get on those tyres.

#85 ·
There is a sweet left sweeper on my way to my parent's house that I used to be able to take at about 70 (35 suggested :devil:) that would ping my G-Meter to 1.19. The Hankook Ventus V12s weren't even complaining about it either, which was weird. Needless to say, this caused crazy wheel rubbing even with the wheels toed out slightly, which prompted me to develop the arms. I can't wait to get my forgestars!

#92 · (Edited)
If anyone is curious about the joints I'm using, they are rebuildable.
Thanks! :2thumbs:

#97 ·
Killer...I've still got my extra core set here, so when you come back (if you come back) from your hiatus, let me know. You might also want to add (if you want to add this) that if enough of the people getting Forgestar F14 wheels want trailing arms, you'll supply that demand.

#99 ·
... If not then imma have I figure out another solution
Good luck. Killer is about the only quality solution out there.

I still think that if he could get, say, a half dozen or so sets of cores, he should put some finished arms on his shelf. The demand is more of a constant dribble.

#104 ·
So... are they still being produced, or can I get on a wait list?

#105 ·
I should have one left after bionic with the flex joints, and another set left with the stock rubber joints. Btw bionic, I'm almost done welding yours up. I had to take a break last night because the welding fumes were getting to me. They should be out the door by Friday.

#107 ·
Sweet. I'll order one with the upgraded bushings. Not in a rush just want to get them before they are gone like so many other aftermarket parts for the v.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.