Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

41K views 178 replies 46 participants last post by  06CadiCtsv 
#1 · (Edited)
So as stated in the other thread here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/241681-wide-wheels-rubbing-your-trailing-arms.html I'm going to be building these for forum members.

Prices include US shipping:

LEVEL .5 : $225 ($150 when core refunded) Sets In stock: 0
Stock arms with Ballistic Fabrication flex joint. No kink, fits stock wheels. Powder coated in your choice of: Black, Silver, White, Clear (natural metal color), or Burgundy

LEVEL 1 : $200 ($125 when core refunded) Sets In stock: 1
Stock arms with stock bushings. Mild kink in the arm for 19+" x 10" wide wheels to easily clear. Only the best cores I get will use this option as I want you guys to have good factory bushings. These might be limited in supply because I'm not going to sell arms with rotten bushings. Check with me before sending the paypal. Painted black rather than powder coated because I can't put the parts in an oven with the rubber bushings.

LEVEL 2: $350 ($275 when core refunded) Sets In Stock: 1
Stock arms with Ballistic Fabrication flex joints (beefy!!!). Mild kink in the arm for 19+" x 10" wide wheels to easily clear. Powder coated in your choice of: Black, Silver, White, Clear (natural metal color), or Burgundy (those are the powders I got :))

LEVEL 3: $TBA
Will be custom arms, for those wanting to run much wider wheels. I don't have anything wider than 10", so I have no idea yet how much it will take to make ridiculous wheels fit. If anyone has any other wheel sizes they are interested in fitting, let me know and I'll see if I can make it work. Right now, I think most people are just having problems with the Linea Corse wheels fitting.

CORE REFUND: $75 Sets In Stock: 0
Sell me your cores! I need these to keep this going. Even if you aren't buying arms.

If you are interested in a set, there will be a little queue here and status updates on how many cores I have, how many I need, and general progress reports. Keep in mind guys, I have a day job, a slow core supply chain, and a small shop. Order time will be lengthy, but you will get your parts.

First come, first served. Paypal to reinigrauer@gmail.com with your forum handle, color request (for level 2) and whether or not you will have a core coming back. Please put this in the notes in paypal!!! It helps me keep track of who got theirs in the forum. No need to PM, my box will just become overrun. I'll update in this thread.

ORDER QUEUE
1. FuzzyLogic (thanks for all you've done man!) - Level 2
2. rand49er - Level 2

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Killer--glad to see you're in production. I'm going to ship you my arms for free as a bonus. You should really post this thing on the LS1Tech forums if you can.

Question: what are the chances these arms will fit a set of 10.5" wheels? Believe it or not, Forgestar will be releasing 6-lug 19" F14 wheels (9.5" front, 10.5" back) for the CTS-V in the April timeframe.

Black is fine, unless you have a recommendation with regards to color.

#3 ·
Okay, I'm up for a set of Level 2 in black. If these aren't one of the colors in the two set you have in stock, then I'll order one you have. I'll have cores back to you in due time.

How do you want to do this? Do you want us to PM the info (shipping address, etc) to you then Paypal the buck$?

ORDER QUEUE
1. FuzzyLogic (thanks for all you've done man!) - Level 2 (what color?)
2. rand49er - Level 2 black

#4 ·
Just send the paypal and I'll put it in the first post as soon as I get it. I haven't powder coated anything until I get an order and a color specified. I can do yours in black if you want :)

----------

Hey Killer--glad to see you're in production. I'm going to ship you my arms for free as a bonus. You should really post this thing on the LS1Tech forums if you can.

Question: what are the chances these arms will fit a set of 10.5" wheels? Believe it or not, Forgestar will be releasing 6-lug 19" F14 wheels (9.5" front, 10.5" back) for the CTS-V in the April timeframe.

Black is fine, unless you have a recommendation with regards to color.

I was not aware of this wheel choice. If you can give me some information on the offset then I could easily make an educated guess as to if these wheels fit or not.

Then again, I'll probably be first in line for a set when they come out. Keep me posted!

#6 ·
I apologize--I checked my old email and apparently Vincent @ Forgestar said that the F14's will be 19x9" and 19x10".

No information on the offset yet. I wrote them again, asking for an update and any other information they can provide. Honestly, I'm not worried about it.

#8 ·
Pics as soon as I get some powdercoated and finally assembled. I made the mistake already of assembling a flex joint on a completed but unpainted arm, and trying to get the flex joint apart requires a BIG hammer and a lot of patience. They go together much easier than they come apart.

Picking up an oven this weekend, the previous oven deal fell through.

#11 ·
Is it possible to edit a post a few days after you create it?

Anyways, here are the pics of what you'll be getting.

Attachments

#19 ·
They would probably help. The kink is a little bit more compact than my original set of arms. I don't have a set of 18x10s to do a comparison against. I basically made these arms by taking measurements off of my original arms with them still on the car. The car is my daily driver so I couldn't exactly have it apart to take more in-depth measurements.

I could do a turnaround style process, but your car would probably be out of commission for about a week. If you're fine with that, let me know.

#21 ·
Wow, you work fast! Any problems with installation? Did they arrive ok? The ups guy boxed them up, so I dunno how he did it.

Also, make double sure they are on the right side too. I probably should have mentioned that the grease zerk should be on the outside and the arm's bend should droop down. That should put the extension I welded to the flex joint facing up and the threaded part of the flex joint facing down.

#22 ·
Just got arms from Killer today--they look spectacular. Well done, sir. I may not be able to install them until next weekend, but when I do, I'll try to get some comparison pictures up.

Also, I think you deserve some kind of award for packing something that was already basically bulletproof with 3-4 layers of bubble wrap. UPS probably could've tied a rope to the box and dragged it all the way to the Northeast and it would've been just fine.

#23 ·
I only packed it in one layer with zip ties. Then I handed it to the guy a the ups store and he did the rest.

I was only really concerned with the powder coat chipping, as it was almost impossible to assemble the flex joints without chipping it. I didn't want them banging together. Powder is hard, but not harder than a steel tool :)

#25 ·
Killer they look great man! I just sent the money for a set of level 2s. Are they still in stock as the original post says?

#26 ·
No, unfortunately I can't edit the original post :mad:

I could for the first couple days, but now I can't for some reason.

In either case, I can whip you up a set this weekend and get it shipped early next week probably.

ORDER QUEUE
1. FuzzyLogic (thanks for all you've done man!) - Level 2 DELIVERED
2. rand49er - Level 2 DELIVERED
3. raguncajn - Level 2

#27 · (Edited)
I'm in the middle of 5-6 different mods to my car right now, but I just wanted to quickly mention that I installed Killer's arms and they work great. My install process was identical to Rand49er, with the exception that I got pissed off on the front two cradle bolts (didn't have to remove all four, by the way--but the bolts BARELY made it out) and cut off a little bit of excess with my Sawzall so that I could install them upside down (bolt pointing up, nut on top).

Can't wait to get those Forgestar F14s this spring. Thanks Killer! I still think you should take every picture from the two threads, put them together, and post a new thread here and on LS1Tech.

#28 ·
... My install process was identical to Rand49er, with the exception that I got pissed off on the front two cradle bolts (didn't have to remove all four, by the way--but the bolts BARELY made it out) and cut off a little bit of excess with my Sawzall so that I could install them upside down (bolt pointing up, nut on top). ...
I barely managed to retain my cool with these two bolts. I am not a patient mechanic (<-- this term is used very loosely) at all. It always helps to have done a job before so you know what to expect and how to deal with it. Alas, how often does THAT happen? :thehand:

Great pics, Fuzzy. They perfectly show the added clearance the arms provide.

#29 ·
The thing with the subframe that I think I need to mention is that I had to wedge a rubber mallet between the subframe and the bottom of the car in order to open up a gap wide enough to sneak the bolts out. I tried raising the subframe with the unmodified bolts in the inverted orientation and realized that the top of the bolts would have been in contact with the bottom of the car. That's when I whipped out the Sawzall and cut four threads off the end.

If you want, bigger individual pictures of before and after are available. I had to shrink everything down (including the above pic) because the LS1Tech forums don't automatically resize things.

#36 ·
No worries, work is CRAZY right now! I probably won't have time to install them for 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.