Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; killer, you should have my cores by thursday. Edit: and by thursday, I mean today....
    cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

killer, you should have my cores by thursday.

Edit: and by thursday, I mean today.
    killernoodle and killernoodle like this.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Re: Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

Horray!

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Killernoodle, thanks for letting me know you haven't forgotten me. I wouldn't give up on getting more orders of these just yet. People may just be holding out until more of us have them on and can give a review. Also with those Forgestars getting made soon the demand may skyrocket.

Thanks again for offering these.
    I am holding out until I see if my new wheels and tires clear the existing trailing arms. Give it another week or so.

+1 on the thanks for offering

Bionic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod

I am holding out until I see if my new wheels and tires clear the existing trailing arms. Give it another week or so.
    When you get the new wheels on be sure to take some sharp high speed corners to flex the stock trailing arms. Mine didn't rub until I took hard right turns, then they scraped like crazy.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    When you get the new wheels on be sure to take some sharp high speed corners to flex the stock trailing arms. Mine didn't rub until I took hard right turns, then they scraped like crazy.
    I swear this is true. Mine did not rub at first, then seemed to develop a pronounced, persistent rubbing only after several days of driving.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I swear this is true. Mine did not rub at first, then seemed to develop a pronounced, persistent rubbing only after several days of driving.
    Is it possible that you began cornering harder than you had been before due to the improved traction provided by the bigger wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Is it possible that you began cornering harder than you had been before due to the improved traction provided by the bigger wheels?
    Nope. I'm only very rarely close to the limit of cornering. The only plausible explanation I can come up with is that my ears just weren't tuned into hearing that particular sound ... as hard as it is to believe since after I started hearing that scrapping, that's the ONLY thing I could hear.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I have a 250 yard long, 135 degree offramp on my commute to work. On the stock wheels, BFG G-force KDW 2's, and stock height, the greatest minimum speed I could maintain was 46 mph. With the car lowered by about 1.5", that minimum speed rose to 52 mph before I felt like the car was going to fly off the road. Now, with Eibach sway bars, I'm up to 56 mph (typical drivers bottom out at 32-35 mph). The tires are squealing constantly now, and if I hit this little uneven patch, the car jumps a foot to the right. 0.96 on the G-meter (not my best--there's a 1.00-1.02 right-hand turn on my way home). I can't wait for my Forgestar F14s to arrive. If I didn't have the Killernoodle arms, I'd immediately tear those wheels to shreds.

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I have a 250 yard long, 135 degree offramp on my commute to work. On the stock wheels, BFG G-force KDW 2's, and stock height, the greatest minimum speed I could maintain was 46 mph. With the car lowered by about 1.5", that minimum speed rose to 52 mph before I felt like the car was going to fly off the road. Now, with Eibach sway bars, I'm up to 56 mph (typical drivers bottom out at 32-35 mph). The tires are squealing constantly now, and if I hit this little uneven patch, the car jumps a foot to the right. 0.96 on the G-meter (not my best--there's a 1.00-1.02 right-hand turn on my way home). I can't wait for my Forgestar F14s to arrive. If I didn't have the Killernoodle arms, I'd immediately tear those wheels to shreds.
    My commute home has a wonderful on ramp on it. .95 G yesterday, but the record is 1.11 G this is on stock suspension w/ bald Conti Extreme Contact tyres. Mounting the Toyo T1S is waiting for wheels to arrive can't wait to see what I can get on those tyres.

There is a sweet left sweeper on my way to my parent's house that I used to be able to take at about 70 (35 suggested ) that would ping my G-Meter to 1.19. The Hankook Ventus V12s weren't even complaining about it either, which was weird. Needless to say, this caused crazy wheel rubbing even with the wheels toed out slightly, which prompted me to develop the arms. I can't wait to get my forgestars!

Killer, what size wheels were you achieving 1.19 lateral G with?

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    There is a sweet left sweeper on my way to my parent's house that I used to be able to take at about 70 (35 suggested ) ...
    Your parents live in Mexico?

This was with the Linea Corse wheels. 19x8.5 and 19x10. I'm not sure how accurate the G meter is, but I was a little surprised at the reading too.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cam3439 View Post
    killer, you should have my cores by thursday.

Edit: and by thursday, I mean today.
    Did you send these with signature required? UPS keeps putting notes on my door saying I missed signing a package at work, I think this might be that box since I haven't received the arms yet. It looks like I'm going to have to pick it up at the processing facility.

For future reference, I have a day job and I'm never home to sign for anything when they roll by.

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Haha I hate ordering stuff online because of that. Always seem to never be home when packages arrive.

cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    This was with the Linea Corse wheels. 19x8.5 and 19x10. I'm not sure how accurate the G meter is, but I was a little surprised at the reading too.

----------

Did you send these with signature required? UPS keeps putting notes on my door saying I missed signing a package at work, I think this might be that box since I haven't received the arms yet. It looks like I'm going to have to pick it up at the processing facility.

For future reference, I have a day job and I'm never home to sign for anything when they roll by.
    Yes, I received two messages about that. Good to know for everyone else trying to send in their cores. I was just being somewhat careful, since good cores seem to be hard to come by.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.