Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic If you're ever feeling nostalgic, I can burn you a CD filled with "ghhhhkxxxghxxxxx" (<--- trailing ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    If you're ever feeling nostalgic, I can burn you a CD filled with "ghhhhkxxxghxxxxx" (<--- trailing arms scraping) to play while you drive. :P
    I used to cringe at every undulation of the road surface 'cause that's when I'd get a real ear full. I kept thinking, "I'm ruining those gorgeous wheels! A-r-r-g-g-h-h!" Not sure why, but it seemed to not do it in the very beginning when I first put the wheels on, but then I started hearing it as it just got worse and worse. Maybe I wasn't tuned into the noise at first. Not sure.

Oh well. Glad Killer jumped up and did this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

Re: Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

I'm in the middle of 5-6 different mods to my car right now, but I just wanted to quickly mention that I installed Killer's arms and they work great. My install process was identical to Rand49er, with the exception that I got pissed off on the front two cradle bolts (didn't have to remove all four, by the way--but the bolts BARELY made it out) and cut off a little bit of excess with my Sawzall so that I could install them upside down (bolt pointing up, nut on top).

I'm curious about installing the bolts upside down & have a remark:

FACTORY: If the nut comes loose, rattles off, or shears off for any reason, the bolt will stay in place & keep the arms in place.

YOUR METHOD: If the nut comes lose, rattles off, or shears off for any reason, the bolt drops & the arm goes willy nilly about underneath.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

If any other bolt came loose in your suspension, I would think it would be a huge problem too

I believe they were installed from the top to ease in assembling that component separately on the assembly line, not because they were planning on it falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    I'm curious about installing the bolts upside down & have a remark:

FACTORY: If the nut comes loose, rattles off, or shears off for any reason, the bolt will stay in place & keep the arms in place.

YOUR METHOD: If the nut comes lose, rattles off, or shears off for any reason, the bolt drops & the arm goes willy nilly about underneath.
    Just torque the snot out of it, and you'll be fine. Those bolts won't go anywhere.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Just torque the snot out of it, and you'll be fine. Those bolts won't go anywhere.
    Exactly. I'm as worried about that particular bolt coming undone as I am about my flywheel bolts coming loose.

cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

there's always loctite
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

Just torque to spec with loctite. Some engineer sat down and figured out what it would take to keep that joint tight. Over-torquing could lead to failure just as much as under-torquing. It also doesn't hurt to check any bolt you've removed every now and then to verify that it is still tight.

cam3439 - Finally had time and supplies to get your arms done. They are shipping out UPS tomorrow

nice...will be installing these with a set of the TurnInConcepts bushings. We shall see what it feels like.

What's the advantage to replacing those bushings?

What's the advantage to replacing those bushings?
    Mine were like in the video below when I installed the BMR ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9xqY...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FszcyYLgZo

just one more thing to do while I'm under there

Bionic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I just sent in an order for a set of Level 2 arms. I can't wait to get them installed and be done with that grinding sound for good! What's the current wait time for these? I haven't seen an updated list of the people who have them on order. Or maybe I am next on the list, which would be nice.

Yep, you're next! I'm currently waiting for a core so if anyone has some in good condition I'd like to buy a couple sets. By good condition, I mean sets that look better than the ones that sciroccokid posted on the previous page. When they are rusty and pitted like that, I'd rather not modify them. If they have a few spots of chipped paint and surface rust, however, that is no big deal. Refund is $75 for each set you send me.

ORDER QUEUE
    1. FuzzyLogic - Level 2 DELIVERED
    2. rand49er - Level 2 DELIVERED
    3. raguncajn - Level 2 DELIVERED
    4. cam3439 - Level 2 SHIPPED
    5. Bionic - Level 2 Waiting for core

I keep meaning to send you mine, but grad school keeps getting in the way.

I keep meaning to send you mine, but grad school keeps getting in the way.
    Funny. I was your age when I finished grad school ... one month before I turned the big "three oh." You're gonna love being done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.