Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by rand49er Ha! I used a 1 x 4 board I found in the corner of the garage. ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Ha! I used a 1 x 4 board I found in the corner of the garage.

I failed to mention that.
    Did you break it? I snapped the wooden handle off my mallet. Bastard had it coming.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Re: Noodle trailing arms ordering thread. Y'all with rubbin' wheelz git in here!

raguncajn - I ran out of shielding gas this weekend in the middle of your arms. I'm probably going to spring for a bigger cylinder when I go to airgas Tuesday. I should have your arms shipped out Wednesday.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Did you break it? I snapped the wooden handle off my mallet. Bastard had it coming.
    No, but I smacked my head on the bolt that was laying on the floor of the garage when I was wrestling with the bugger. Got a little knot just above my ear. No blood, though, so I'm good.

Killer: Say, can you PM me your address so I can send the OEM arms back to you and get my credit? Thanks.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I have cores for the cause. Will send a pm

sciroccokid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey guys if anyone needs a set of cores, i'll sell you mine for $75.

They come with used stock, and new MAP bushings.

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

No worries, work is CRAZY right now! I probably won't have time to install them for 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    raguncajn - I ran out of shielding gas this weekend in the middle of your arms. I'm probably going to spring for a bigger cylinder when I go to airgas Tuesday. I should have your arms shipped out Wednesday.

OEM arms sent UPS today. You should get them Friday.

Good job, killer!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Alright raguncajn, your arms will be at your house Monday. I accidentally welded the flex joint cup on one of your arms upside down and didn't notice until I went to assemble the flex joint (after it was powder coated). It won't hurt anything though, one will just look different than the other one (the threaded preload adjuster that squishes the races will be on the top rather than the bottom on one of them). If you want, I can knock a little off the price for the mistake.

JCaddyV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2005 CTS-V

nice work killer!

cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Killer: Just ordered a set of the Level II's in black.

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I don't think that would be a problem unless the preload would need to be adjusted, don't worry about it.

Hope they show up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by killernoodle View Post
    Alright raguncajn, your arms will be at your house Monday. I accidentally welded the flex joint cup on one of your arms upside down and didn't notice until I went to assemble the flex joint (after it was powder coated). It won't hurt anything though, one will just look different than the other one (the threaded preload adjuster that squishes the races will be on the top rather than the bottom on one of them). If you want, I can knock a little off the price for the mistake.

ORDER QUEUE
    1. FuzzyLogic (thanks for all you've done man!) - Level 2 DELIVERED
    2. rand49er - Level 2 DELIVERED
    3. raguncajn - Level 2 DELIVERED
    4. cam3439 - Level 2 (in progress)

Figured I'd throw out a quick shout-out: in the last month Killer's arms have been through about 15 hard launches and they're still as silent and immaculate as they were when they went in. Great job!

No hard launches here, but several 2nd gear runs, and all is well.

Sure is nice to be able to enjoy those 19x10" wheels in back without listening to constant scraping on the trailing arms.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    No hard launches here, but several 2nd gear runs, and all is well.

Sure is nice to be able to enjoy those 19x10" wheels in back without listening to constant scraping on the trailing arms.
    If you're ever feeling nostalgic, I can burn you a CD filled with "ghhhhkxxxghxxxxx" (<--- trailing arms scraping) to play while you drive. :P

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.