Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking for advise on next upgrade

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Lpalenchar 
#1 · (Edited)
I currently have an 07 V with a Maggie mp112, katech sts, kooks headers, corsa sport exhaust, comp cam, ls9 clutch, and custom CAI. Last dyno had 495 rwhp and 455rwtq. I'm actually having the intake, headers, and clutch installed right now. I replaced a monster stage 3 clutch due to drivability issues. I will be selling the clutch for a reasonable price if anyone is interested in it. It's an awesome clutch it just squeals and glazes over around town driving and annoyed the hell out of me. I'm sure it's an awesome drag clutch but it wasn't for me. Cost origionally $795, It has about 3000 highway miles on it no without any heavy driving. I will attach pics soon. I haven't done any mods to the rest of the drive trian and worry about blowing something out with my new rwhp at around 525. I don't drag at the strips but I like to get on it in the street every once in awhile.

I'm not looking for much more power upgrades but I would like the rest of the drive train to be able to keep up and not blow out on me.

Any advise would be a great help! Thanks

My caddy has about 40000 miles on it but did all the installs last year and about 3000 miles ago.

#3 · (Edited)
Hahaha, I guess youre right. Though I don't really have the cash laying around right now to drop 60K and I think I would be hard pressed right now to get 30K for my current caddy. I have been looking at the G-Force antiwheel hop axels and the 2 piece drive shaft, wondering if anyone has an opinion on these as far as a worthwhile upgrade for my car.

#7 ·
I really appreciate all of the feedback. I have a shop that takes care of most of the work for me so I can't take the credit for the build. The shop is RPM out of Garner NC and they deal in all Chevy/GM vehicles. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the power curve and get my entire vehicle up to handle the additional horse power. I dont want to be the guy with his head down, towing his 40K car out of the intersection because he didn't properly prepare it for the upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.